[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (460KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
460KB, 800x400px
Was it kino?
>>
File: Fudd.jpg (8KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
Fudd.jpg
8KB, 217x232px
>>80525473
>mfw the website with all the lore is forever gone
>>
File: gylenhall1.jpg (126KB, 682x1030px) Image search: [Google]
gylenhall1.jpg
126KB, 682x1030px
yes, best movie ever made
>>
>>80525473
>Deus ex machina
>>
wait so was donnie the rabbit all along?
>>
>>80526133
Donnie was the jet engine/Papa Smurf
>>
File: 1488707551799.jpg (17KB, 223x213px) Image search: [Google]
1488707551799.jpg
17KB, 223x213px
>>80525649
The MC got hit with a fucking turbo engine and died.
All of the good he did along with the bad was forever gone. Do you know what a deus ex machine is?
Also the whole time travel/alternate universe thing was built up literally the whole movie. Are you just shitposting?
>>
>>80525505
Is it archived here http://archive.hi-res.net/donniedarko/ ?
Never visited before, but seems interesting
>>
File: fg.jpg (7KB, 152x210px) Image search: [Google]
fg.jpg
7KB, 152x210px
Dr. Thurman, I'm FAA
>>
who is controlling Frank in the tangent universe?
>>
>>80526691
>Do you know what a deus ex machine is?
no but I know what a deus ex machina is, retard
>>
>>80525473
>kino
Kill yourself you underaged faggot
>>
File: a97e692f46.gif (4MB, 230x242px) Image search: [Google]
a97e692f46.gif
4MB, 230x242px
>>80526787
>who is controlling Frank in the tangent universe?
I'm pretty sure it was Frank
>>
>>80526705

Whoa, nice. Thanks.
>>
>>80526705
Very cool.

And reminds me how shit and low energy most marketing is these days. wtf happened
>>
>>80526954
but a dead spirit?
i thought he was manipulated dead. meaning he is being controlled by a God
>>
>>80525473
lol literally watching it now on the exact scene you posted

it's kino when you understand wtf is going on
>>
>>80526133
nope, the rabbit was the guy in the rabbit suit he shot at the end of the movie, once someone dies in the tangent universe he becomes a "manipulated dead" a person who can travel in the 4th dimension. He basically lead Donnie to the gun so he would kill him and give himself superpowers
>>
I never understood who was the bunny
>>
>>80528605
it's explained in the text that pops up

the bunny is the guy donnie shot at the end, the whole movie (except the very end) takes place in the tangent universe, in that universe anyone who dies near Donnie gets the power to time travel, so dead Frank (Donnie's sister's boyfriend) who is wearing a rabbit suit for halloween the night he died, ensured Donnie would kill him so he could guide Donnie to deliver the artifact back through the portal so the tangent and primary universes would collapse
>>
>>80528711

Why not just tell him that, looks convoluted for no reason
>>
>>80528735
He did, he gave him the time travel book and gave himself time traveling powers so he could warn Donnie, if he didn't do all those events Donnie would have never shot him
>>
>>80528711
Why is it a problem if multiple universes exist?
>>
File: asd.jpg (57KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
57KB, 640x960px
She peaked at 17
>>
>>80529150
If a Tangent Universe occurs, it will be highly unstable, sustaining itself for no longer than several weeks.

Eventually it will collapse upon itself, forming a black hole within the Primary Universe capable of destroying all existence.
>>
File: (you).png (67KB, 534x702px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
67KB, 534x702px
>>80525473
>>
>>80529184
she hasn't even begun to peak
>>
>>80529368
I don't remember those bits in the film.
>>
>>80526772
mfw when i though about that scene the other day and realized i was the fat perv
>>
>>80525473
I'm sure I've watched Donnie Darko, but I don't remember a single goddamn thing about it.
>>
>>80529461
the directors cut shows pages from the philosophy of time travel, explains a fair bit
>>
>>80528735
I think that he couldn't tell Donnie everything, or else the events wouldn't have played out the way they were supposed to.

If Frank told Donnie that Gretchen was gonna die, maybe Donnie would never had went to Roberta's house. And he cant just straight up tell Donnie to shoot him on Halloween for no reason.

Frank also needed to be killed wearing his bunny costume, or else Donnie would recognize him as his sister's boyfriend, which would fuck up a lot of the events
>>
>>80531647
This is kind of explained in the conversation he has with his science teacher, Donnie talks about following along a set path and if you could see the path, you could see into the future. Monnitoff says that if you could see the path you have the ability to betray destiny.
If Donnie had been told by Frank what would happen then he could choose not to do anything about it, but helping him along the way aided in Donnie realising what had to be done
>>
>>80527360
Gretchen and Frank are the manipulated dead, they bring Donnie to where he needs to be.
>>
>>80528711
>guide Donnie to deliver the artifact back through the portal so the tangent and primary universes would collapse
I'm assuming the artifact is the jet engine, but how is the primary universe collapsed? the family's life goes on
and why does Donnie's sister's boyfriend give a shit?
also what's a fuckass?
>>
>>80529184
man peak at 30
women peak at 13
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.