[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some great musical films I could watch? I have seen:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: singin.jpg (301KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
singin.jpg
301KB, 1100x619px
What are some great musical films I could watch?

I have seen:

Chicago
Cabaret
La La Land
Swing Time
Top Hat
Gold Diggers of 1933
Moulin Rouge
Sing Street
Sunshine on Leith
Little Shop of Horrors
Shock Treatment
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Singin' in the Rain
On the Town
An American in Paris
The Band Wagon
Yellow Submarine
Mary Poppins
Pink Floyd The Wall
Dancer in the Dark
Phantom of the Paradise
Black Orpheus
>>
>>80512940
Princesse Tam Tam
Umbrellas of Cherbourg
Victor/ Victoria
Sweeny Todd
Die Dreigroschenoper
Trollflojten
Young Girls of Rochefort
Sweeny Todd - Angela Lansbury version
The Merry Widow - Maurice Chevalier version
Love Me Tonight
Dames
Jailhouse Rock
>>
I prefer to see musicals live.
Chicago live was captivating: Renee Zelweger's Chicago was a bit of a snoozer.
Obviously not as practical unless you're very wealthy and happen to live near London's West End or Broadway New York
>>
Repo! The Genetic Opera
>>
>>80513072
The Chicago opera house also does some of the older ones like "Show Boat" but I've never gone (i'd love to though).
>>
where can i find a cute boy who likes musicals to watch these with
>>
How the fuck haven't you seen Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and Oklahoma? Or White Christmas? My Fair Lady? Annie Get Your Gun? Jesus get some classics in your life.
>>
>>80512940
I recommend De-Lovely
It's a musical about the life of Cole Porter, aka the guy who wrote a minimum of 40% of the non-black music from before the 50s that you'll ever hear in movies.
>>
>>80514180
>that you'll ever hear in movies.
"that you'll ever hear in movies released after 1980" is what I should have written.
>>
>>80514005

Yankee Doodle Dandy . West Side Story. Damn Yankees. Anything where the Nicolas Brothers can get. Fred Astaire when he's not old and annoying.
>>
Across the universe was good. Some of the songs were even done better than the Beatles version
>>
since this is a musical thread: does anyone know which song specifically plays during the fascist concert/rally sequence in The Wall?
>>
The Wizard of Oz
Meet Me in St. louis
On the Town
Show Boat
Singin' in teh Rain
Kiss Me Kate
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
A Star Is Born
Anytyhing Goes
The King and I
South Pacific
>>
West Side Story
The Music Man
Bye Bye Birdie
Mary Poppins
My Fair Lady
The Sound of Music
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Camelot
Funny Girl
Sweet Charity
Hello, Dolly!
>>
Fiddler on the Roof
Cabaret
Jesus Christ Superstar
Tommy
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Grease
Hair
>>
Fame
Victor Victoria
Annie
The Pirates of Penzance
A Chorus Line
Little Shop of Horrors
>>
No one has mentioned 42nd Street and Footlight Parade. Two great Busby Berkley musicals.

And, of course, All That Jazz, Cabaret, Rocky Horror, Phantom of the Paradise, Grease, Moulin Rouge!, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
>>
Evita
Cannibal! The Musical
Cinderella (Rodgers & Hammerstein's)
Newsies
Moulin Rouge
Chicago
The PHantom of the Opera
RENT
The Producers
Hairspray
Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical
Les Miserables
Into the Woods
Jersey Boys
>>
File: Point.jpg (39KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
Point.jpg
39KB, 354x500px
>>
>>80516025
>meet me in st louis
>show boat

this guy knows
>>
File: 1465601425897.jpg (128KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465601425897.jpg
128KB, 640x640px
>>80512940
If you enjoyed Top Hat and Swing Time I highly recommend The Gay Divorcee.

https://youtu.be/Sx-VCmea7h4

Also The Gang's All Here is excellent, found it through it's inclusion on Richard Brody's Top 10 American films list

in full: https://youtu.be/xZp-s4wIc_s

And as suggested above Umbrellas of Cherbourg is beautiful, and not nearly as good but still fun is Young Girls of Rochefort. And also Donkey Skin is visually lush, great songs, strange fairy tale, catherine.

https://youtu.be/1HysasPjF84
>>
>>80512940
>watching musicals
What are you, gay?
>>
Swallowtail and All About Lily Chou-Chou
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.