[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dunkirk PG-13

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: background copy.png (1MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
background copy.png
1MB, 1600x1000px
why..?
>>
Looks like I won't be watching it now since I only watch movies that are rated R. Thanks for letting me keep my money!
>>
File: CIA power stance.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CIA power stance.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
That's a big rating
>>
money and so that Nolan's core fanbase (underage redditors) can indulge their war fantasies
>>
>>80509043
Because no tits. Another sign that the anglo-american movie industry is utter shit
>>
>>80509043
>Cast boy band member
>Rated PG-13

Hmmm I wonder.
>>
The Jews have to show Nazis dying to as big of an audience as possible. That's pretty much it.
>>
>Where Eagles Dare
>Eagle has Landed
>Bridge too Far
>Guns of Navarone
All these and more are PG-13.
>>
Warner Bros are pussies
>>
>>80510114
They were essentially rated G.

All the Great War movies from the 60s and earlier were for General audiences.

I have no problem with this.
>>
>>80510114
>comparing pg-13 from then to now
>>
The rating makes sense in terms of the story, he doesn't want to make a yet another Saving Private Ryan

Some excerpts from an extensive Dunkirk interview:

>(Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

>[Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s a movie with suspense and a race against time.

>It isn’t by accident that Heart of Darkness by Conrad is one of my favorite novels. It’s the purest form of geography and storytelling. Conrad never repeats himself, he sinks gradually into the depths of the human mind. Is it an inward journey or a trip out of oneself ? That’s the real question Conrad is asking. And 2001! And Dante! How to tell the trip ? This is the main question of cinema. Dunkirk speaks about a very special place that evokes the Bible squarely. In May 1940, the English were the Jews driven out of Egypt and driven back by the Red Sea. And in a Judeo-Christian civilization it adds a very strong level of mythology.

http://nolanfans.tumblr.com/post/157900870658/christopher-nolan-interview-about-dunkirk-in
>>
>>80510446
>biggest since the silent era
>>
>>80509907

So, Nolan's a corporate shill now?
>>
Style of film making.

Most war films jump to a different spot on the battlefield every 2 seconds to show you a fresh kill, Hacksaw Ridge is a prime example.

Dunkirk looks more like it'll adopt an objective perspective rather than a sensationalist one.
>>
>>80509043

Fury was rated R and total fucking shit, so go figure.

That being said, Dunkirk will be the first film of Nolan's which I wont be seeing.
>>
R or PG13 all the extras will look retarded and take me out of the movie. Then there's the script. I wish I could pinpoint what it is about Nolan's writing but it always makes me laugh how corny it is.
>>
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

N
O
L
A
N O L A N
>>
Christopher Nolan hasn't made an R rated movie since 2002
>>
They probably get away with more for that rating because of the real world subject matter.
>>
>>80510920
Insomnia?
>>
>>80510602
>So, Nolan's a corporate shill now?
>>
Who gives a fuck about one of the worst military embarrassments in the last 400 years. It is even worse that Brits try to pass Dunkirk off as something heroic.
They should be ashamed at how badly they allowed their situation to get. The only reason the ENTIRE british army wasn't killed to a man is because the Germans halted for 48 to regroup their panzers.
>>
>>80512747
Things only got so fucking bad because the damn frogs failed at building a fucking wall.
>>
>>80512787
They built a perfectly fine wall that did deter the Germans.... Except on the Belgian border kek
>>
>>80509043
cause nolan is a shill director
>>
>>80511333
Bane?
>>
>>80509363
4u
.....Y7 should be the rating
>>
Bravo Nolan!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.