[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Badlands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Badlands.jpg (138KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
Badlands.jpg
138KB, 500x735px
This movie was pretty fucking amazing, what do you guys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 422x594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 422x594px
I hated it no cute little girls
>>
Remember back when malick used to make movies? Those were the days.
>>
File: 12501000581.png (274KB, 395x417px) Image search: [Google]
12501000581.png
274KB, 395x417px
>>80503366
hmm. interesting. I just hopped on /tv/ quick to see if there were any good recommendations I hadn't seen before. Give me a quick rundown? why did you think it was amazing?
>>
>>80503397
>implying Sissy Spacek isn't a little qt in this film
>>
>>80503401
Now he only makes kinos
>>
>>80503425
It's small scale and I deeply appreciate that it really slows down and takes the time to develop its characters. Martin Sheen has so much screen presence. It's atmosphere is so nice and comfy despite the events taken place. It was such a comfy watch and was quite enjoyable.
>>
>>80503425
Excellent comfy atmosphere especially the sound/music, really offbeat in terms of the story

Easily his best movie, it's aged super well
>>
One of my favorites along with Days of Heaven. Malicks's new stuff is interesting but his older works are classics
>>
File: 1489594403541.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1489594403541.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
>>80503491
neat bro. I got the house to myself tonight so I was just going to veg out anyway. I will give it a shot - thx!
>>
>>80503366
I can't watch a Martin Sheen movie anymore. His cuck attitude during the elections made that clear.
>>
>>80503640
Ahh just forget about that and just watch the movie hell you might like it.
>>
Malick is the king of kino. He has gone through several "phases" of filmmaking as his style evolves and every phase progresses to a natural conclusion before he moves into the next phase.

Phase 1 characterized by voiceovers from young female protagonists, philosophic themes implicit in the material but not explicitly stated, exploration of masculinity, violence, and romance, fairly straightforward narratives. Badlands and Days of Heaven exist in this phase.

Phase 2 characterized by voiceovers from various characters in the film, philosophical meditations from the characters, exploration of societal violence, relationship between man and nature, narratives becoming less conventional but still typically driven by some kind of explicit conflict. The Thin Red Line, The New World, and Tree of Life exist in this phase.

Phase 3 characterized by minimal dialogue and voiceovers from various characters in the film, lengthy and explicit philosophical pondering permeates the film, explorations of the nature of God and reality, relationship between men and women, complete seperation from traditional narrative as films become purely kino. To the Wonder and Knight of Cups exist in this phase.

I'm personally hoping that Song to Song concludes phase 3, not because I'm not enjoying Malick's unfiltered kino, but because I'm curious to see him try something new and push the envelope even further. Its clear that critics, who loved Malick's early work, don't know what to make of his ascension beyond the normal constraints of cinema. Terry's artistic arc has been a pleasure to watch. Other great filmmakers (Scorsese, The Coens, etc.) might improve in skill and explore different ideas as their careers continue, but only Terry has truly evolved from one approach to another that is wholly different from the one which came before.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.