[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homemade Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: cassettecamcorder.jpg (10KB, 300x251px) Image search: [Google]
cassettecamcorder.jpg
10KB, 300x251px
did you guys used to make movies when you were younger?
I remember we made a remake of romeo and juliet and a bunch of little comedy things to make us laugh using my dad's old cassette camcorder (pic related)
>>
>>80501200
Hell yeah. I've known I want to be a filmmaker since my mom first let me use her VHS camcorder in '97.

Most of the stuff we did was derivitive, but damn was it fun and prepared me for studying it in college almost two decades later.

One of my earliest films was a ripoff of the Machbeth level from Star Fox 64 called "Forever Train."

It's on YouTube (unlisted) if you want to see.
>>
>>80501540
Here it is.

https://youtu.be/pLZplrDJujU
>>
Few pals and I made a fight scene video when I was a kid based on a Jackie Chan movie., The final scene was me running towards the camera to switch it off, slipping over, and headbutting the camera.

That was the end of my movie carrer tbhfsdgfam
>>
>>80501645
Kek'd, to be honest dude that's probably better than 90% of the shit shows posted on /tv/
>>
>>80501645
haha dude sweet! I love this stuff, so innocent and made just for your enjoyment.
>>
>>80501659
ha! at least you remember that tho, like making movies at that age is 90% about just goofing off while making em
>>
>>80501819
>>80501811

Hah, thanks. Here's one more: I saved up lawn work money and bought a shitty digital camera and cheapest editing software in '04 and we made our first digital film: a sci-fi story called "The Power." Edgy as FUCK with ripped off Matrix and Star Wars elements with music stolen directly from LotR and Narnia because why not.

Damn. Much simpler time. Glad I have an excuse to share this stuff though, hah.

https://youtu.be/TJ_iOumFMRE
>>
>>80502096
loving these, man. happy I could give you this outlet haha
>>
>>80502456
Thanks. Believe it or not, I have about 20 of these short movies me and the two other kids you saw did in 2000-2005.

These include a Star Wars fanfilm, a horror movie that directly rips off Saw (same twist and everything), a fake documentary about bigfoot, a greenscreen heavy movie about a homeless man getting revenge on a burglar (because reasons?) and even half of an Indiana Jones ripoff.

I have to believe that when I make it "big" after I graduate, these will be worth a fortune.

Or at least a couple laughs...
>>
>>80502770
these sound amazing. Bigfoot always is.
My friends and I also made a movie about homeless people...and have you read the article about the guys who recreated Raiders shot-for-shot?
>>
>>80502917
I have! I've actually see the film about it too. Great stuff.

Also recently discovered that Shaymalan made little backyard movies with friends when he was a kid/teen. Those are arguably better than half his professional work, haha
>>
>>80501200
I did movies with my toys, forced my father to tape me playing with my toys like marionettes (he taped me instead of the toys), made documentaries about ants and my local football team, and slow motion films of my toys
>>
>>80502976
haha I bet. just goes to show you everyone comes from humble beginnings!
I'll be looking out for your directorial debut, my man.
>>
>>80501645
Is it autistic if I can place every single quote from Star Fox and where in the level they say it? I played game a million times. I even picked out when you quoted the robot that rekks Slippy and you have to get in the Landmaster to rescue him (still feel weire calling Slippy a dude, he's always been a she because of the voice in Star Fox 64. Also fuck you Slippy help yourself for 5 god damn seconds so I can take out Star Wolf, fuck!)
>>
>>80503254
You and me both. We played the shit out of Star Fox 64.

We also did a sequel the Forever Train where the conductor's wife gets revenge and they build a whole army of... toys and action figures.

The sequel is less Star Fox-y but there's a moment when the wife says "These babies can withstand temperatures of 7000 degrees."

Hope you appreciate that, hah
>>
>>80503098
Thanks Anon!

I actually have some network interest in a pilot script I did last year. Netflix has contacted me, and so has Oxygen (which is weird but I'll take it)
>>
>>80503512
dude thats fucking sweet! congrats! way to make it work, attaboy
>>
>>80503455
I really like the sun level. The constant shield going down gave a real sense unease and urgency even if they gave you plenty of shields and even those mega shield rings.

I don't know why but I always really liked the trash planet one. It's probably my favorite for some odd reason. The one with the searchlights and Katt. The pirate boss is also really fun to beat. As a side note: years later, like way later after I grew up and found Star Fox 64 again and played it over and over again reliving the nostalgia, I finally discovered how fucking useful bombs are. Holy shit. Id never use them as a kid because I thought they were just okay and having limited ammo I always felt bad using them. Holy fuck though. I'll pop off a bomb here and there whenever I feel like it and clear an entire wave. Like those groups of enemies that fly by and you can lock on, charge the laser, then pick off the rest? Na, nigga. Not anymore. Lock on and bombs away. Fire and forget that entire group. I love me some bombs now.

Anyway, this is kinda off topic don't mean to derail the thread. Just saying, Star Fox 64 was my shit and still is. Play it every once in a while when I'm bored. Good shit.
>>
>>80503869
nah dude no worries. never actually played it but I relate to the memories, first console I had was a ps2. lego star wars was my shit
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.