[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tv/, is she a good actress?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: betty.png (875KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
betty.png
875KB, 1152x720px
/tv/, is she a good actress?
>>
>>80499895
>image.jpg
>>
Nah.

Would still fuck her though.
>>
>>80499895
no
>>
>>80499895

No.
>>
>>80499895
Is the only acting move in her bag of tricks that pursed lip eye flare tilt head around thing? You know what I mean. You can even tell she's doing it in the picture.
>>
I seriously can't imagine a bigger fuck-up.

You're born on Easy Mode with all God cheats enabled. You can coast through life being or doing anything you want and everything will work out for you. A model, an actress, a trophy wife, etc. etc. all at your fingertips. Just by looking at your face we all know you will never be homeless or even working class. There's literally only three things you can't do:

1. Be the worst fucking actress in history and refuse to put in the work to improve even slightly

2. Be such a massive gaping cunt that no one wants to even be near you

3. Get your tits out and reveal to the world that they are mediocre and your looks are massively inflated by Hollywood

You can do one of these. You maybe could pull off two of them but you cannot do all three. That's how much of a fuck up she is, she did the exact combination of all three things that she can't do.
>>
ITT: people who don't watch mad men because 'it's just a soap opera'
>>
>>80499895
No, but it really comes to shape the role of Betty with time.
>>
>>80500111
I saw her on the Late Late Show the other night. The other guest was Samuel L Jackson, so naturally it was pretty depressing for her.
>January, here's a generic yes or no question--actually, Samuel L, can you answer this as though you were January? But quickly so I can ask you a Samuel L question after.
>>
I think she did a good job on Mad Men, but in Xmen first class her performance was really phoned in.
>>
>>80499895
idk but i want her to step on my balls desu.
>>
She had a hairy pits scene in Sweetwater, so she's automatically cool in my book.
>>
>>80500111
Is 2 accurate? Is she mean?
>>
>>80499895
Hell no
>>
>>80500185
OP here. I'm just finishing the first season and looking forward to the rest, but I've been pretty struck by how one note her performance is. So >>80500207 is interesting to hear. There's a Don Betty argument in the first season where he says it's like he is living with a little girl, and I hadn't been able to get that out of my mind, because that's exactly how she seems to me all the time.

She looks especially bad when you compare her chops to someone like Elizabeth Moss, who just nails it imo.
>>
>>80500310

Yea she has that reputation. For example, this NYT profile is filled to the brim with code wording and euphemisms from the very first line:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/fashion/an-interview-with-january-jones-of-mad-men.html
>>
>>80500310
my co-worker grew up next door to her and has stated that shes a frigid uber bitch.
>>
>>80500377
>There's a Don Betty argument in the first season where he says it's like he is living with a little girl, and I hadn't been able to get that out of my mind, because that's exactly how she seems to me all the time.

the best part is that she has an actual little daughter that's growing up as the show progresses and they really struck gold with the actress that plays the daughter. you have a lot of good shit to look forward to.

i wish i could be watching mad men for the first time. i miss that show so much.
>>
>>80499895
Resting bitch face.
She has the range and charisma of a rock.
>>
>>80500207

God YES! Jones is so one dimensional that the producers and writers quickly patterned Betty after her because they knew Jones couldn't play Betty any other way.

While Betty is a spoiled brat in season 1, there are hints of some depth. Once Jones' acting put the character in a coma, however, the writers gleefully followed along. Betty's husband continually cheats on her, her daughter loathes her, her fathers is losing his mind, her brother loathes her, etc., etc. and yet she still manages to garner absolutely no pity or sympathy from the viewer.

Jones' acting took whatever Betty was supposed to become over the course of the series - all the other Mad Men characters changed in remarkable ways - and quickly killed the potential. The writers then wrote her as a zombie for the rest of the show.

Betty is the only initial main character who never changed or grew over the course of the show. Betty is also the only initial main character who was essentially DEMOTED over the course of the show - and just because of Jones' real life, unannounced pregnancy. Jones' zombie acting style led to all of that.
>>
>>80501115
>Betty is the only initial main character who never changed or grew over the course of the show.

Would disagree with you there in that I've always felt one of the central points of MM is that by a certain point, at their core, people don't really change. At the end of the show everyone in the main cast is essentially the same as they were in the beginning. Especially Don.

Otherwise, you're spot on about how Jones' limited range and complete lack of affability largely determined (and restricted) the character of Betty.
>>
>>80501504
>Would disagree with you there in that I've always felt one of the central points of MM is that by a certain point, at their core, people don't really change. At the end of the show everyone in the main cast is essentially the same as they were in the beginning. Especially Don.

Don's dropped out, dropped the pretense he's been living his entire life, and meditating in California.
Roger is finally retired and living with a woman he treats as an equal.
Titcow is no longer the office cum sponge and is running her own company.
Peggy is as respected as a woman can be at the time and has found love.
Pete is no longer measuring himself against his father an has become a better husband/father in the process.

You 're right in saying that, at the core, people don't change. What you fail to realize is that the Don ,Roger, Peggy, Titcow, Pete, etc. we see in Season 1 ARE NOT the people they truly are at their core. They're frauds living phony lives which are at odds with their true selves.

Their cores never changed. The people outside those cores did. The people outside those cores changed to be more in line with those cores.

That's how they all changed and grew. They became themselves.

Except for Betty, and that was because it became blindly clear very early on that Jones wouldn't be up to the task.
>>
>>80500111
gonna need photographic evidence for 3.

>>80500592
>highly opinionated first person bullshit with next to no actual quotes
neck yourself
>>
>>80502964

Google "January Jones bitch"
>>
>>80502964

She gets them out in "Sweetwater" and "Rock the Boat".
>>
>>80501924
Dude what? It's like you're trying really hard to find a middle ground between your and that other anons point of view on human nature but there is no middle ground.

He thinks people can't really change.
You think they can.

It's a classic argument and there isn't a "right" answer so there's no need to say stuff like this -
>Their cores never changed. The people outside those cores did. The people outside those cores changed to be more in line with those cores.

>That's how they all changed and grew. >They became themselves.

- in an attempt to agree with the guy. What you just said makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>80504643
>What you just said makes absolutely no sense.

You simply can't be that stupid. What I described in the essence of Stoicism: Be true to yourself.

Everyone has a core, their real self. For a variety of reasons, most people hide and/or deny their real selves rather than admit the truth to themselves.

People grow by learning to accept themselves and, in that growth, the face they present to the world changes. People change in one way and don't change in another.

The main cast in Mad Men became more true to themselves as the show progressed. Their outer selves became more like their inner selves or cores.
>>
Too bad about the cross-eyed tits
>>
>>80499895

She's not bad, considering how hot she is.
>>
Not good but doesn't deserve all the hate tbqh
>>
>>80505255
>The main cast in Mad Men became more true to themselves as the show progressed. Their outer selves became more like their inner selves or cores.

Hmm...one might almost say the characters "changed".
>>
>>80500310

Not really. She's just a drunk
>>
Any arguments about how "it's just the Betty character, she's supposed to be a lifeless ice queen!" that some people used to make when the show was on were put to rest after X Men.

She terrible and devoid of charisma.
>>
File: 1363610454182.jpg (56KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
1363610454182.jpg
56KB, 600x574px
>>80505314
>cross-eyed tits

I just googled the sweetwater pics and I immediately thought of those googly eyes that you can shake
>>
>>80505479
>Hmm...one might almost say the characters "changed".

Exactly, People change and don't change.
>>
>>80505831
I'm not sure we actually agree, but fuck it. Close enough.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.