[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Seventh Seal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 51BB20omyGL._SL1024_.jpg (61KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
51BB20omyGL._SL1024_.jpg
61KB, 768x1024px
Really enjoyed this movie. I felt like Max von Sydow really did a great job of a understated performance. From a direction stand point, this was an awesome choice because it allowed for his boy, Jons to shine who also killed it.

The death of dance shot at the end really disturbed me and I thought Death was a really menacing character.

Thoughts?
>>
Good cerebral kino
>>
>>80497291
I made the mistake of watching it really, really drunk. So I don't think I really appreciated it as much as I maybe should've
>>
Sucks this thread gets two replies while Aliens gets 200
>>
>>80500338
If you wanna have a discussion about a film like this, you have to actually say something about it. Or ask a question. It's best if it's ignorant as fuck and makes a lot of people mad, but sometimes you can get away with being honest.

Great movie btw
>>
I remember the chants, sounded great. Were they gregorian?
>>
I watched it really late at night and don't really remember anything about it, but the acting was superb and the atmosphere was heavy.
>>
I don't get the massive love this movie gets

It's a nice flick but that's about it
>>
>>80501410
>>80501410
You must be an athe*st
>>
>>80501600
>using athetist as an insult
Not worth arguing with you, the first "argument" you present is an ad hominem

Please avoid quoting me in the future, cheers
>>
File: jagärdöden.png (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jagärdöden.png
24KB, 500x500px
>>80501410
this is obviously kino
>>
File: imaged.jpg (45KB, 523x476px) Image search: [Google]
imaged.jpg
45KB, 523x476px
>Not worth arguing with you, the first "argument" you present is an ad hominem
>Please avoid quoting me in the future, cheers
>>
>>80501724
>using kino as an adjective
Not worth arguing with you, please avoid quoting me in the future
>>
The movie was simple, but good. Though it is technically excellent, IMO, I think most of its fame comes from the interesting concept( and the director's name ofc).

It would be fun discussing it, but apparently people in this thread don't want to be spoken to much...
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
>>80501410
It's significant because it helps audience members relate to the characters living during the crusades and the black plague, a time that would normally feel alienated. It's got a pretty good cast of characters who are distinct.

The main character's boy is actually really, really cool and legitimately funny.

It's also got some great theological discourse and on top of all that, the idea of someone playing death in a game of chess is cool in its own right. Also, it inspired the plot of this movie.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.