[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beauty and the Beast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

anyone seen it?

just got back from the cinema. I don't think spoilers are necessary since we've all seen the 1991 animated and it's basically the same story.

anyhow, the movie. yeah, it was good. HOWEVER, Emma Watson was awful. her acting, especially in the first half like when she "sang" Little Town, which is the start of the movie after the prologue, was so torturous. it was the most excruciating film going experiences I've ever had. it was so bad I just started laughing, it's like Tommy Wisseu all over again. well, maybe not that bad, but you know. she did get bearable as the movie went along. but that Little Town part was a nightmare. holy fucking shit.

the cinematography wasn't very inspired. ever seen a Marvel movie? it's literally like that, bland as hell. the animated version had much more interesting scene compositions and lighting. and the CGI background, particularly the climax of the Little Town scene when Belle ran atop the mountain, looks so fake. you can just tell they shot it in a green screen room. the effects for Lemiere and co. were good though. the castle and the wolves look like a 2012 video game.

and lastly, the enchantress who cursed Beast. they did a minor change in the live action movie by making her a much more active participant than the original animated version. she unnecessarily appears right at the end literally waiting for Belle to say "I love you" before resurrecting Beast back as well as lifting the curse. as if it wasn't already obvious that she loves him. witch/enchantress whatever just took me out of the movie. I don't think they really needed her beyond the prologue.

cont.
>>
>>80486982
everything else beyond those is good. Luke Evans was fucking great. he and Josh Gad(Lefou) stole the show imo. Lefou's gay moment is literally just a 5 second comedy gag right at the end. but Gaston was the shit. Beast was eh. I'm indifferent probably because he's a Hulk-tier CGI monster. the songs were great as well, Gaston and Lefou's Gaston song was really good. seriously, can't praise those two enough. Gandalf and Thompson were good with their roles. Lemiere was spot on. his "Be Our Guest" bit was pretty good, though too many close ups for my taste. almost choked up when they became inanimate even though I'm fully aware that it's not going to last.

and the story, like I said, pretty much the same as the '91 movie. a tale as old as time. I think they add the part about Belle's mother. didn't really care about that since she never really was angsting about it. I give it a 6/10.
>>
forgot to say Emma did look really lovely, especially when she wore the iconic yellow dancing dress. I actually missed that scene because fuck, my bladder was about to burst. and I've already seen that shit in the '91 movie anyway.
>>
You forgot how we see Beasts parents and how it implies that him and Belle are related.
>>
>>80486982
Typical Disney Hot garbage
>>
>>80487264
yeah that connection with the plague.
>>
>>80486987
I really dont believe you about the Gaston song, the clip they released looks really dull
>>
>>80487321
that wasn't the full scene though.
>>
Is there a CG Angela Lansbury in it?
>>
>>80487541
no, mrs. potts(?) is payed by Emma Thompson.
>>
File: plohaya_erekciya.jpg (28KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
plohaya_erekciya.jpg
28KB, 400x576px
>>80486982
>back from the cinema
>yeah, it was good

You willingly paid to see a Disney remake of an animated film? See right there, just doing that makes me aware that your opinion is useless to me.

Would be the same as if you started a thread by saying:"I shot my foot on purpose with a rifle, and here is why it felt good, and why you should try doing the same."

Once you've admitted to doing something that I completely disagree with doing your opinion is pointless.
>>
>>80486982
How does Disney make so much money by putting so little effort?
>>
>>80488250
I was actually treated to it so I didn't spend any money.

>>80489140
in this case, nostalgia. and the live action adaptation meme. won't be surprised 10 years from now they do a "live action" zootopia. heck, they're already doing one for the Lion King. I can only hope Sir Elton John still sings the iconic lion sex song.
>>
>>80489140
These places where people spend their vacations, might have something to do with it, and also a TV network called ABC which regularly heavily promotes their vacation spots, and cruises.
>>
>>80489271
>>80489371
I'm just saying it's not fair
>>
>>80489397
>fair

Seldom is anything.
>>
>>80488250
>You willingly paid to see a Disney remake of an animated film?

Lol why not? not everyone here in 4chan is as poor as you are.
>>
>>80489140
They aim for the lowest of the low in terms of demographics: kids, girls and homosexual men. For anyone knowing anything about cinema they are as artistically dead as Sony or more even, they just get rich at making shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.