[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone want to talk about this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: magnolia.jpg (64KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
magnolia.jpg
64KB, 400x600px
Anyone want to talk about this?
>>
A lot of people seem to dislike it. I think the frogs are good. John C Reilly/Melora Walters story is best then Whiz Kid Donnie Smith.
>>
>>80485988
I liked Tom Cruise's the best desu

I understand when people say this movie is melodramatic and shit, but to me it's just pure raw emotional force, and i don't care if it's melodrama. It just really spoke to me. Especially when Quiz Kid Donnie Smith said that he has a lot of love to give, but he just doesn't have anyone to give it to.
>>
>>80486034
PTAs movies are best at their most melodramatic. That's why the audit scene and I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE are so good. I hope his 50s fashion movie is full of out of control emotions.
>>
>>80486121
Oh yeah, he's also collabing with Jonny Greenwood for the soundtrack again
>>
>>80486121
Is Elswitt gonna dp?
>>
Tom Cruise and John C Reilly make good contrast

Though I identify with Tom Cruise more I think man should live John C Reilly's life
>>
>>80486282

Last rumor I heard was that PTA was going to shoot it himself.

>>80485933

Magnolia is one of my favorites. I actually saw it in theaters back in 1999 on opening day. It's Tom Cruise's best performance. Melora Walters is probably my second fave. I used to love Julianne Moore, but after seeing her cry in about 20 movies since then, now I think her performance is a little silly. I think Magnolia is one of the shortest 3 hour movies you're ever going to see, if that make sense. From the opening character introductions set to "One" by Aimee Mann, there is such a sense of building momentum for the next 2.5 hours until the frogs. I fucking love the soundtrack and score. The fact that Aimee Mann didn't win an Oscar for "Save Me" is fucking absurd. She lost to that Phil Collins bullshit from Tarzan!
>>
>>80486385
I thought Julianne Moore was amazing in Magnolia though, especially that scene where she talks to her husbands attorney about changing the will.

Overall i don't really care for Julianne Moore tho
>>
>>80485933
>people like Jimmy and Earl and Linda exploited people and lived a rich and successful life and are only recently upset by cancer, which poor folks have equal of not greater chance of getting

>women like Linda and Claudia were hurt before but still had a chance to live a sheltered life, instead they have to create problems and make lives of working men Jim and Phil tougher

>Jim and Phil never crossed anyone, are poor, and keep serving people

>somehow they are all reconciled by singing a song together
>>
>>80486385
Do you guys think he'll be a good dp? Elswitt did a great job on all of his movies, and Mihai malaimaire did a great job on the master, but that and Inherent Vice looked different. Not sure how to describe it though. They didn't look like they took place in the real world, while hard eight-twbb look pretty realistic, despite all of the stylistic movement.
>>
>>80485933
the quiz boys bar shenanigans with the bartender and old queen are my fave parts. I love his drunk monologue. the whole movie is a good tho.
>>
>>80486618
>>80486618
What's dp? Director of photography?
>>
>>80486726
Yes
>>
>>80486726

Yes.
>>
I remember really loving Magnolia and having a very profound experience with it. Felt like I could relate to a lot of things within many of the characters and it made me realise how good PTA is at writing realistically flawed characters. Since then I've come to see why people criticise it for melodrama and I've come to enjoy other PTA movies better, but I think Magnolia still holds up as a well crafted stellar film.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.