[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually think this is a good movie? It's an example

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: GODZILLA '14.jpg (135KB, 876x1280px) Image search: [Google]
GODZILLA '14.jpg
135KB, 876x1280px
Do people actually think this is a good movie? It's an example of how Jaws could have ended up if a lesser filmmaker had been in the director's seat.
>>
Yeah, I liked it. Just about every scene with humans talking was shit, but that's par for the course with all Godzilla movies.
>>
>>80483553
better than the new kong
>>
Jaws was shit tho
>>
>>80483553
it's not a good movie, but there's a lot of good things in it that some can appreciate.
>>
>>80483553
Garreth is great with set pieces but not humans.

See: This movie and Rogue One.

Ironically, monsters had ok human characters.
>>
File: 231912121.jpg (294KB, 1280x698px) Image search: [Google]
231912121.jpg
294KB, 1280x698px
>>80483576
This is a lie, anon. There are quite a few Godzilla films with interesting human characters. And those films have better pacing and music.
>>
>>80483776
First Godzilla movie is still great to this day because of the human characters.
>>
>>80483776
No there aren't.
>>
>>80483744
>Rogue One
If Edwards had more creative control over the first half like I suspect he did (as its tone is similar to Godzilla), I think Disney might have saved Rogue One with those infamous reshoots. Most of the complaints I've seen about the movie are its first act.
>>
I view it much like Pacific Rim, where I know that if I look at it critically it's weak in several key areas (Pretty much anything to do with the Narrative, along with some extremely wooden performances - aside from one or two actors in each), and objectively it's not a great film, but there's enough satisfying elements that I can't help but enjoy it.

Music, suspense leading up to Godzilla's reveal and similarly the fight teases that lead to an even more powerful moment when the monsters finally fight, general monster design, superb effects, great use of different world locations, superb use of perspective in regards to the MUTO's/Godzilla etc.

It's the same reason I have literally no problem with someone saying they could sit down and watch a Transformers movie, or the Star Wars prequel, and enjoy them for whatever reason no matter how bullshit, but if they also try to say they're legitimately good movies then they can fuck right off.
>>
>>80483890
I can see some of his influence still lingering in the last act though.

He knows how to scale something but god damn, he can't direct humans for shit.
>>
>>80483859
Yes there are. Ishiro Honda's first several efforts (Gojira, Mothra vs Godzilla, Ghidorah) are legitimately good movies. GMK and Shin Godzilla are two recent examples. Godzilla vs Hedorah, Godzilla vs Biollante, and Godzilla 2000 deserve honorable mentions as well.
>>
>>80483553
i cant believe i went to this movie just to see bryan cranston and he fucking dies 10 minutes in. what a hack
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.