[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terrence Malick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

can someone explain to me what is so great about this guy?
>>
He went all in on one ultra gimmicky style and plebs defend him with rabid autism.
>>
>>80482463
>can someone explain to me what is so great about this guy?

No. You have to experience it.
>>
>>80482545
what movie am i supposed to "experience" from him? i've already seen badlands, days of heaven, and thin red line and they all sucked shit
>>
He is that He is.
>>
>>80482790
The Tree of Life is his best.
>>
>>80482463
> can someone explain to me what is so great about this guy?

No you have to let it wash over you.

In all honesty his recent cinematic ventures have been boring as fuck. Not total shit, just boring. Heres to hoping hes just been using these last 10 years as as a way to vent out all his self centered bullshit and before he dies (5-10 years) he gives us one or two kino movies with El Chivo behind the camera. That would make his last 3 movies all worth it. Heard hes doing another war epic so im crossing my fingers because The Thin Red Line is one of my favorite movies of all time. What was the question?
>>
>>80482790
Days of Heaven and Badlands are considered some of the best movies of all time so im guessing his style is just not for you. Its ok though you can have a negative opinion on universally lauded directors. For example i fucking hate Terantino. I feel like all his movies are just him referencing other much better films/directors and jerking off at how edgy and well versed in cinema he is. Wait what was the question again? Actually nevermind how about you tell me what some of your favorite movies are
>>
>>80483065
>how about you tell me what some of your favorite movies are

i really enjoyed mr deeds, superbad, and white chicks
>>
>>80483294
ahhh ok
>>
>>80483294
> Mr deeds
Oh this anon is actually well versed into kino one of his favorite film is an old Capra class....
> Superbad
> White chicks
It's the adam sandler remake of Mr deeds ain't it ?
Fucking pleb
>>
>>80483478
haha yeah
don't bother
>>
>>80483478
>this upsets the "cinephile"
>>
>>80483065
Hating tarantino is a the biggest indicatior of a pseudo intellectual
>>
>>80482463
Beard
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.