[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was this movie really about, /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0301.jpg (22KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0301.jpg
22KB, 313x470px
What was this movie really about, /tv/?
>>
Male ego in the context of marriage survived solely by social propriety.
>>
Enemy's prequel.
>>
its Kubrick's experiences with the 1%

theyre sad fucks & he knew better than to be enslaved by their "free" drugs & sex
>>
>>80451663
Fidelity.
>>
>>80451663
J(EWS). Anyone who thinks this film has to deal solely with romance is sorely mistaken.
>>
>>80452081
Fidelio
>>
>>80453662
This. /pol/ had a thread about this a few weeks ago. It's why he was killed.
>>
>MK ultra mind control sex slaves
>1% control everything and are above law
>REDPILL on marriage and how money makes the world go round (notice how "Bill" always exchanges green dollars)
>9/11 warning - the film is set post 9/11. Notice how you never see twin towers in the film. Kubrick very clever hints.
>satanism in elite coccult practices
>>
Secrets.
>>
File: tmp_24248-warning2-1457471450.jpg (17KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24248-warning2-1457471450.jpg
17KB, 480x384px
>>80451663
>Kubrick dies before premiere
>final cut not Stanley's vision
>2 hours of extra footage cut
>Kubrick's death lays 666 days before September 11, 2001

You tell me, OP. Pic related.
>>
>>80453810
"Stanley Kubrick was an insider."
>>
>>80452081
This
>>
>>80451663
Red pill 101
>>
>>80453891
>Give up your inquiries which are completely useless

This literally sounds like a trump tweet
>>
>>80451663
I think the "lesson" if there was one is that you shouldn't be secretive about your sexuality or suppress it too much. In the beginning, Cruise's wife is shown being flirty and open about her sexuality, and it's played like she's about to cheat on him, but at the last second she confidently stops herself because she understands where the line is.

Meanwhile Cruise is chatting it up with ladies and stumbling into secret sex meetings and he refuses to talk about it, he views sex and love under a more sinister, sleazy light. The sex cult is the logical extreme of that way of thinking, where respeced businessmen turn into creepy cultists because they keep this orgy thing bubbling under the surface. And all the while, Cruise is constantly being tempted by women because they all want his PhDick.

And then, what do you know, he puts it all behind him and goes back to his wife, who'd been faithful to him the whole time, he opens up just a little bit, and they live happily ever after yadda yadda yadda.

I think it was a commentary on how American culture suppresses sex and the extreme lengths some people will go to just to get their rocks off in such a society.
>>
>>80451663
> Kubrick fag reporting in

Imo sexuality and social constructs about that: portrayed by showing different sides of what life can become depending on the sexual life you conduct. Even if somebody can argue that the book had other meanings, in the movie finale kubrick emphasises the sexual one by closing with the (in)famous phrase.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.