[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toni Erdmann remake with Jack Nicholson

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 79355469.jpg (24KB, 436x472px) Image search: [Google]
79355469.jpg
24KB, 436x472px
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jack-nicholson-toni-erdmann-remake-retirement-oscar-nominated-1201980617/

Haven't seen anything about this but apparently Jack Nicholson is coming out of retirement to star in a remake of "Toni Erdmann", a German film from 2016. The plot of the movie:

>“Toni Erdmann” followed a practical joking father who tries to reconnect with his hard working daughter by creating an outrageous alter ego and posing as her CEO’s life coach.

Nicholson will play the father, Kristen Wiig will play the daughter.

This will be his first film in about 10 years, other than his small role in the 2010 film "How Do You Know"

Thoughts? I'm not a big fan of Wiig but the premise is interesting and I love Nicholson. He also must be pretty excited about the role given that he's coming out of a decade-long retirement to do it (he actually pitched the idea of remaking it after seeing the original).
>>
bumpin
>>
File: image.png (367KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
367KB, 625x352px
Screenshot from the German film
>>
>>80448603
>http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jack-nicholson-toni-erdmann-remake-retirement-oscar-nominated-1201980617/
>February 7
Won't happen.
>>
Didn't even realize Nicholson was retired.
>>
I've watched it last week. Really weird movie, not that funny and I don't think it needs a remake.
Also one of the themes in it is the German lack of humor so I don't know.
Also we'll see the funniest scene in the movie fucked up by American aversion towards nudity.
Jack Nicholson is a perfect choice though.
>>
>>80448603
it'll be bland and lose all the charm of the original
Kermode summed it up pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6xFzlmbpw
>>
>>80450023
Well, half of the original movie was pretty bland. I'm more affraid of the exact opposite.
>>
>>80448603
>Kristen Wiig

Dropped
>>
>>80448603
Can someone write a decent noir and have Nicholson be the bad old rich guy real quick?
>>
>>80450164
Nekkid tho
>>
>>80449500
he's semi-retired
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.