[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dunkirk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

From the IMAX clip alone, it's safe to say that Dunkirk is going to be the movie of the year. Right?
>>
File: christopher-nolan.jpg (92KB, 950x708px) Image search: [Google]
christopher-nolan.jpg
92KB, 950x708px
>>80446177
Some excerpts from an extensive Dunkirk interviev:

>(Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

>[Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s a movie with suspense and a race against time.

>It isn’t by accident that Heart of Darkness by Conrad is one of my favorite novels. It’s the purest form of geography and storytelling. Conrad never repeats himself, he sinks gradually into the depths of the human mind. Is it an inward journey or a trip out of oneself ? That’s the real question Conrad is asking. And 2001! And Dante! How to tell the trip ? This is the main question of cinema. Dunkirk speaks about a very special place that evokes the Bible squarely. In May 1940, the English were the Jews driven out of Egypt and driven back by the Red Sea. And in a Judeo-Christian civilization it adds a very strong level of mythology.

http://nolanfans.tumblr.com/post/157900870658/christopher-nolan-interview-about-dunkirk-in

Looks like kino is back on the menu boys.
>>
>>80446265
>>80446265
> a Judeo-Christian civilization

This is what Hollywood morons like him believe
>>
muh good anglos, they dindu nuffin, good goyim, churchill was a peaceful man
>>
muh evil racist nazis
>>
File: being_american.png (227KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
being_american.png
227KB, 413x310px
>>80447009
>>
PG-13 reeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>PG-13 war

So it's a no.
>>
File: 1470362153105.png (146KB, 422x493px) Image search: [Google]
1470362153105.png
146KB, 422x493px
>>80447683
>>80448633

>not confirmed or deconfirmed
>>
>>80447009
Hi /pol/
>>
>>80446177
Nolan is a fucking hack so no.
>>
>>80446177

What is this movie even about?

Is it a 3h long movie showing as the Brits waited on the shores to be picked up hoping that the Germans don't shoot?
>>
>>80449902
The german were really great guys to let the brits embark on those ships.
Because there was absolutely nothing stopping them to roll over on those beaches. I hope the movie show appreciation to them for being fair player.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.