[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it as easy to get a gf in the 1950s as the movies portray it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 50s.jpg (49KB, 400x492px) Image search: [Google]
50s.jpg
49KB, 400x492px
Was it as easy to get a gf in the 1950s as the movies portray it?
>>
>>80443734
nope. actually watch the propaganda. you needed to be on the football team or doing something in you community to get a qt. back then you would still not be good enough to get a girl. just accept your fate and buy vr.
>>
>>80443734
Only if your Chad.
>>
>>80443734
It's still easy to get a fucking girlfriend. Maybe it was slightly easier to get a monogamous one back then but it's way easier to get laid now.
>>
File: uncle-ben-mattered.jpg (53KB, 452x540px) Image search: [Google]
uncle-ben-mattered.jpg
53KB, 452x540px
>>80443734
according to Uncle Ben it was easy to get Korean pussy during the Korean war
>>
>>80444015
Johnny Cash was great in that movie
>>
>>80443994
> it's way easier to get laid now
This.
Also, pre-sexual-revolution relationships must've been boring as fuck.
>>
>>80444110
>Also, pre-sexual-revolution relationships must've been boring as fuck.

lol

they had plenty of sex in private, it just wasn't discussed or flaunted publicly.
>>
>>80443734
Ask your grand dad, son.
>>
chicks were impressed if you had shoes back then. ah the good old days.
>>
>>80444527
My grandad is 85 and got married when he was 21
>>
File: 1024px-KoreanWarFallenSoldier1.jpg (156KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-KoreanWarFallenSoldier1.jpg
156KB, 1024x819px
>Be my grandad
>Have your life ahead of you, study chemical engineering in Rochester
>Decide to flunk, your dad put to up to it, and you were always more of a writer anyway
>Get drafted
>Fight in the Battle of the Chongchon River
>Get to see your peers slaughtered like cattle
>Get shot in the stomach, almost die
>Father pulls strings and gets you deported to Germany to man Checkpoint Charlie
>When back in America, father close to disowns you
>Slowly descend into alcoholism
>Your wife comes in and out of your life, you father 4 kids who will eventually come to hate you
>Eventually, eventually, convince your eldest son and daughter to welcome him back into their lives after they have children
>Become one of the most loving grandfathers ever
>Succumb to leukemia shortly afterwards
>>
>>80445198

you have got to work on that formatting, my friend.
this would have been much easier to read if you just told the story in standard 4chan prose.
>>
>>80444503
As he said, boring.
>>
>>80444106

Fuck it im just gonna ask, was that really jonnhy cash? Thats a no right?
>>
>asking a board where the average age is 12-18
>>
how the fuck am i supposed to know that
>>
>>80445198
My grandad ran off to Canada when he was a teenager so he could fight in WW1 after the US Army told him he was too young to enlist. He didn't have my dad until his mid 40's. Wish I could have met him.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.