[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Judd Apatow's "Love"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6

>KEKED: THE SHOW

I don't know if a show has ever pissed me off more than this steaming pile of dogshit.

It has funny moments, but the way the show plays off a girlfriend cheating on her boyfriend as something that's perfectly OK and how she deserves to cheat on him because she needs to do it in order to figure out what "makes her happy" is fucking revolting.

Essentially the show makes light of fucking other people behind your partner's back, because, hey, you deserve to! You gotta find what makes you happy, even if it's risking giving your partner STDs!

Literally the moral of Season 2 is: fuck whoever, as long as it makes you happy, just make sure you don't get caught. It dresses this up in some new age feminist bullshit and plays it off as a """"normal thing""""""" that normal people do.
>>
>>80438374
>It dresses this up in some new age feminist bullshit and plays it off as a """"normal thing""""""" that normal people do.

But it is. Get of your mom's basement every now and then.
>>
>>80438438
you are jewish
>>
>>80438438

Not going to have an internet argument with you, but at least part of why Mickey thinks it's OK to cheat on Gus long distance is because she's a fucked up sex and drug addict who can't understand her emotions.

So basically, you're a fuck up if you think cheating on a significant other that you want to have a long term relationship with is a normal thing that normal people do.
>>
>>80438374
I didn't get that vibe at all. I watched a show about two horrible people enter into a relationship that's is guaranteed to be a fucking trainwreck.

I think the point went over your head.
>>
>teen bbw texted pics of her butthole
Why didn't they show this?!
>>
>>80438374
Your primary responsibility in a relationship is to actively suppress cheating while engaging in as much of it as you can

Men are just mad that we women have finally caught on
>>
>>80438374
Women can do whatever they want. Get over it.
>>
>>80438584
How is Gus horrible?
>>
>>80438438
Alright, i'm gonna give you a (You) for that one you little edgemeister.
>>
>>80438584
I'm exaggerating, but the last couple episodes really rubbed me the wrong way. It felt like it had so much potential and then Mickey pulled a bunch of fucked up bullshit and got away with it.

Gus is left not knowing that Mickey basically cheated on him, just because he didn't explicitly set "RULES" to their relationship, which even if he did Mickey wouldn't have been cool with.

Incredibly unsatisfying ending, with her ex sneaking out the door while she makes love to Gus.

Ironically it ends up being the asshole Dr. Greg who was right all along. Mickey is a fucking maniac who is going to ruin Gus's life.
>>
>>80438374
I don't think cheating is right but I don't get how people can have monogamous relationships that last their entire lives and not get bored and suffocated and miserable
Open relationships kinda seem like the way to go
>>
>>80438684
That Heidi thing for one. He went full blown autist at his work. His (admittedly shitty ex) covered it. I'm not saying he's worse than Mickey by any means but he's not innocent.

>>80438738
Mickey's an awful person. Her boss wasn't wrong when he was talking to Gus. I agree it was a pretty unsatisfying ending. It was too unresolved and felt like to cut off in the middle of an ep.
>>
>>80438374
It portrays her as a fuck up, it's not condoning what she did. Not to mention, they'd been kind of together for like a month and it wasn't explicitly exclusive. I do think what she did was shitty, especially the dishonesty, but they seem to be portraying it that way too, and it remains to be seen whether or not there will be repercussions for what she did, which there probably will be next season.
>>
>>80438915
I'm actually watching this right now.
It's been months since I saw the first season so I forgot about Heidi. Gus has some issues too, but they don't emerge in S2 until the 11th episode, then Mickey trumps his fuck up of course.
>>
File: 1404224892994.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1404224892994.gif
3MB, 257x212px
Everyone in the show is a piece of shit one way or the other. Season one was far better and the second was pretty damn bad and it shouldn't even have existed. Another show that destroys a decent concept with characters that are cardboard cutouts of cliches and stereotypes with whores being self righteous about being whores and men who have no spine to stand up for anything that matters until it's too late.
>>
>>80439027
>>80438954

These posts are pretty spot-on. In my personal opinion, I really enjoy Judd Apatow's humor, but when it comes to his overall world view and the statements he attempts to make, it all unravels and shows how little he actually has to say.
>>
>characters are well known assholes
>"JEEZ WHY ARE THEY SUCH ASSHOLES? WHITE GENOCIDE!"
>>
>>80438374
The first time I saw the image from OP
s post I assumed Love was a show about 2 lesbians. Gus looks like a chick in that photo.
>>
>>80438954
>they weren't exclusive
They absolutely were, i can't believe you actually used her own bullshit made up justification. Of course they were exclusive, they were dating, you're automatically exclusive unless you agree otherwise. Gus passed up on fucking his boss because he was in a relationship with Mickey. He also passed up on fucking that kid's hot mom who was being sexually suggestive saying "you know... i really need you to take my side".

Mickey was a full blown slut and bitch this season. No excuse.
>>
>>80439117
This, I only tolerated the show because I like Judd's dialog.

Can't hear good shit like that by watching 24.
>>
>gus not fugging the friend from wonderfalls that got thiccer
wow, gay.

also forgot about Heidi too, end game has to be gus+bertie
>>
>>80439342
Gus and Berie would be beautiful.

Mickey and Randy should get high then drive into the ocean.
>>
>>80438374
yes appathow catters to the cravings of liberals, which is nice for him since it is cheap and unoriginal.
>>
>>80439173
Gus just a bitch boy, They didnt agree to be exclusive till the last episode.
>>
>>80439714
>Chad calls gus "boring"
Well what's so exciting about him other than being fat, and owning an old dog?
>>
mmm that series just looks terrible
like most netflix series
>>
>>80439857
Saying it's gus's fault if he is upset for not asking to be exclusive and being so needy he would expect to be after knowing someone a month.
>>
>>80439173
>Of course they were exclusive, they were dating, you're automatically exclusive unless you agree otherwise.
HAHAH holy shit, do you actually think this? When did you grow up, the 50s? Because that's not at all what people do anymore now. It's non-exclusive unless stated otherwise. Unless you initiate a conversation saying "Hey are we in a relationship/can we be in a relationship?" you have no right to expect the person you're with not to be involved with other people.
>>
>>80438374
To me, season 2 was a complete role-reversal of season 1: In place of Gus being a garbage human being (season 1), now Mickey is (season 2).
>>
>>80439027
This like a gorillion times.
>>
>>80439953
stop this, reddit

no matter how much you want it to not be so, monogamy is still the norm
>>
>>80440015
yep s1 feels like forever ago.
and anyone else keep forgetting it's only been like 3 weeks of them together before the atlanta 24 day trip?
>>
>>80440084
>monogamy is still the norm

For normal people that were raised correctly, yes

for fuck ups that have unhealthy addictions and histories of unhealthy relationships, probably not
>>
>>80438374
gus need to marry and impregnate arya and dump mickey
>>
>>80438915
Her boss is really honest.
That's why he is an asshole.
>>
>>80440135
>>speaking from a town pop of >100,000
>>having an opinion on normal people
>>
>>80440135
That would be nice.
No women would be ok with it unless they could get something after the divorce.
>>
>>80440250
I live in the third biggest city in the United States, have been in 3 long term relationships and have had sex with around 20 different girls.

The most successful people I know are the ones in healthy monogamous relationships. The unsuccessful people are the ones still fucking around because they never learned that treating people with respect and decency will make you and your partner happy.
>>
>>80440299
They weren;t in a relationship in the show though bro
>>
>>80440337

uh huh

tell me more about what is and isn't a "relationship" my dude
>>
>>80440299
Of course....if you're mentally healthy you will naturally form stable monogamous relationships. Was this news to you?
>>
>>80440407
we got different definitions i'm sure
>>
>>80438374
just cancel all your subs and cut the cable. it's all cancer.
>>
>>80438374
>the show plays off a girlfriend cheating on her boyfriend as something that's perfectly OK and how she deserves to cheat on him because she needs to do it in order to figure out what "makes her happy" is fucking revolting.
I think it's the other way around. As someone who has cheated in the past, it reflects pretty well the initial "who cares, not hurting anyone" attitude and the subsequent paranoia about being caught really well.
>>
>>80441009
Why'd you do it?
>>
File: 084.png (339KB, 599x511px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
339KB, 599x511px
>start episode 6
>random david spade appears
>>
>>80441583
The relationship was shit, I was a turbonerd growing up so not used to have a hot girl hitting on me and was drunk. Not my best moment tbqhwyf
>>
>>80441009
Why is it so hard for girls to figure out what they want?
>>
>>80441671
Eh sounds you were young. Don't get me wrong it's a shitty thing to do, but I've heard worse.
>>
>>80439342
gus is too skinny for bertie she likes fat guys
>>
>>80440212
He should cheat on her back, with Arya.
>>
>>80438438
>>80438374
Yeah people do it, the same people who end up alone. You wanna fuck someone else you break up with the person you're seeing first.
>>
File: 23170.jpg (134KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
23170.jpg
134KB, 952x536px
this is better
>>
>>80442532

is that the chick who plays like every mom in every lifetime/hallmark movie
>>
>>80438768
>open relationships
You mean the ones where the woman gets tons of dick because it takes literally no effort to get laid as a woman and the man gets nothing unless he's a Chad?

Pass. I'll stick to fucking my kind of boring wife whenever I want.
>>
>>80438374
They couldn't get a more normal, less punchable guy to play the lead?
>>
>>80441649
I was also pleasantly fucking surprised by David Spade showing up. Dude is still funny as shit.
>>
>>80442633
he has a creator and writer credits
so, basically no they couldnt
>>
Self indulgence is the cancer of western society.
>>
>>80438374
>the show plays off a girlfriend cheating on her boyfriend as something that's perfectly OK and how she deserves to cheat on him because she needs to do it in order to figure out what "makes her happy" is fucking revolting
It's not saying it is right or wrong, that just happens in real life, you autistic shut in.
>>
>>everyone shits on Mickey
>>They are both equally fucked up

Guys the first fucking episode of this season she confided that she was an addict, trusting him, and what's the first thing Gus does?

She makes awful decisions too but it's just typical addict behavior, Gus enabled her most destructive addiction (and became her babysitter for the other ones).

Also don't ever assume you're in a monogamous relationship until you've talked with your partner guys, it's 2017 and the world changes
>>
lol at someone else watching and finishing this show.

Yeah, that part pissed me off too. The show overall wasn't so bad though.

Honestly, I also had a problem with how unrealistic this was in the first place. Gus acts like a cringeworthy closet gay.

He's married to this girl in real life (she's a writer for girls). They both write for and created the show.
>>
>>80442857
They said before they went to the party before the radio show that they don't want to sleep with anyone else.
This kind of thing happens in real life, and in real life she would dump him.

But then again, in real life he'd have no place with her in the first place.
>>
>>80438374
Fuck off back to Plebbit and take ya faggot cocksucking Jew shit show with ya
>>
>>80442720
He reminds me of a lot that's wrong with hollywood
>>
Judd Apatow is a libtard hack and his wife his a shrill
>>
>>80438374
I thought the moral was do not try to wife white women.

A lesson I ;earned when I was 21, and only grows stronger with each passing year.
>>
>>80442857
See
>>80442757
>>
>>80443066
What makes you say that?

I mean other than the fact that his characters are immature, irresponsible drug users
>>
say what you will about this show but it sure does awkward right
that mickey dad episode was cringe
>>
The first line of season 2 of this show is "Hey, I thought you'd be here from your instagram"

This show existing is embarrassing for all of us
>>
>>80442369
arya is hotter than mickey. he should sex her instead
>>
>>80438438
>But it is.
no it's not. People are having less sex now than they did 40 years ago. More people are virgins, and a small margin of people have a lot of partners.
>>
>>80438374

Sounds like we should be praising the producers for their realism then.

Women are incapable of romantic love. They are opportunistic parasites.
>>
>>80444646
>for their realism then.
What realism is that?
>>
Sounds like the show was redpilled on modern cunts
>>
>>80438438
Cheaters should be lined up against a wall and shot.
>>
This show is great, veri educative for nerds who expect a hot damaged manic pixie girl to rescue them from their meaningless lives. That's how these gurls are, they drink, they cling, they cuck and they make fun of you with their Chad lovers.

Also based Mr. E seeing through Mickey's bullshit, 10/10 real hero and human bean
>>
>>80438374
But its actually supposed to be that she's a cunt and to get you on gus' side... are you retarded ?
>>
>>80442015
Not anymore she doesn't.
>>
Most of the problems that arise in the show are from simple miscommunication. The amount of times it was fucking obvious what each character should do but they just didn't was really frustrating. As bad as Mickey's behavior can be, Gus is a shitty boyfriend in so many ways.
>>
>>80445785
>she didn't communicate she was gonna do some horrible shit
>he didn't communicate he wasn't comfortable with her doing horrible shit

yeah sure, equal responsibility.
>>
>>80438374
>yfw you realize this actor is an Aryan-Christian irl

http://ethnicelebs.com/paul-rust
>>
>>80438374
>It has funny moments, but the way the show plays off a girlfriend cheating on her boyfriend as something that's perfectly OK and how she deserves to cheat on him because she needs to do it in order to figure out what "makes her happy" is fucking revolting.

That's how women think. Which is why the second you get into a relationship, you start cheating..
I started dating this cutie a few weeks ago, and she made it clear she wants to be exclusive. The first night we had sex, right after she left my house I called another qt hooker I knew from when I was single and fucked her.
This one girl from my job has gotten extremely flirty with me since she found out I started dating someone; she didn't even give me the time of day before. I got her number a couple days ago and we've been texting since.

Yea, I sound like a piece of shit, but every single girlfriend I've had has cheated on me; everytime I've been in a relationship and styed faithful like 3 or 4 girls have wanted to sleep with me and I said no. The second you're single they don't want you. So now, Im just fucking who I want despite the fact I just got into a relationship. It's literally the only way to go.
>>
>>80446274
It's not the horrible shit, it's the moments in between that cause the shit to begin with. Gus is completely shit at handling emotion, he wants complete happiness all the time with none of the work that goes into it. Mickey is not just a slut, she's an addict trying to sober up and avoid doing that horrible shit. The tragedy of the ending is that Gus only realized how retarded he was after he had already given her the chance to relapse.
>>
>>80446355
/dubs of truth
>>
>>80446425
You're an asshole
>>
>>80446425
Surely you see how weak you are. You're just enabling more cheating because you date shitty girls.
>>
>>80446770
>Date shitty girls
No retard. Again you don't understand, that's how women are. They will cheat on you and leave you for someone else until they find a poor bastard who will put a baby in them and buy them a house then they'll divorce them. You must be a virgin.
>>
>>80446821
Can I borrow a feeling.
Could you lend me a jar of love?
>>
>>80441671
You just described me.
Being a late bloomer is hard
>>
>>80440736

this.

They are feeding fucking garbage and people swallow it as they will do with the next nigger load
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.