[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: knight-of-cups-poster.jpg (693KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
knight-of-cups-poster.jpg
693KB, 1280x1810px
Is it actually shit?
>>
I love it. It'll either resonate with you or it won't.
>>
File: Natalie feeties.webm (3MB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie feeties.webm
3MB, 1000x424px
Why is Hershlag only starring in kino now?
>>
Watched this twice now, and have on both viewings been floored by the music, visuals and the way it imparts melancholy. Magical little film.

Are there any reading materials that I should look into if I want to better understand the symbols or what it's adapting?
>>
>>80429816
yes.
>>
I liked the cinematography a lot
>>
No.
>Perhaps no film in the history of cinema follows the movement of memory as faithfully, as passionately, or as profoundly as Terrence Malick’s new film, “Knight of Cups.” It’s an instant classic in several genres—the confessional, the inside-Hollywood story, the Dantesque midlife-crisis drama, the religious quest, the romantic struggle, the sexual reverie, the family melodrama—because the protagonist’s life, like most people’s lives, involves intertwined strains of activity that don’t just overlap but are inseparable from each other. The movie runs less than two hours and its focus is intimate, but its span seems enormous—not least because Malick has made a character who’s something of an alter ego, and he endows that character with an artistic identity and imagination as vast and as vital as his own.

>As such, “Knight of Cups” is one of the great recent bursts of cinematic artistry, a carnival of images and sounds that have a sensual beauty, of light and movement, of gesture and inflection, rarely matched in any movie that isn’t Malick’s own. Here, he—and his cinematographer, Emmanuel Lubezki—surpass themselves. Where “The Tree of Life” is filled with memories, is even about memory, “Knight of Cups” is close to a first-person act of remembering, and the ecstatic power of its images and sounds is a virtual manifesto, and confession, of the cinematic mind at work. It’s a mighty act of self-portraiture in dramatic action and in directorial creation.
>>
>>80431550
Compilation of analysis that came from /tv/ threads.

https://letterboxd.com/knightofcup/film/knight-of-cups/
>>
>>80431550
just look up Tarot and then form your own thoughts re: the symbolism
>>
>>80429816
easily the worst Malick (but I haven't seen Song to Song yet tho)
>>
Loved it visually, loved the soundtrack and loved it's tone but I turned it off half way through
>>
>>80433815
You throw the word round but you don't know what love is.
>>
>>80433966
I loved your input, I love you
>>
>>80433966
>only I have known "love"
>oh how I have suffered
>>
>>80433373
Lt. Dangle was the Six of Wands, I understand.
>>
>>80431550
The Pilgrim's Progress
The Moviegoer
Tale of the Western Exile
>>
>>80430336
this is a scene in a movie?
i almost threw up watching this
>>
>>80431692
we need more posts like this
thank you anon
>>
>>80435758
Fuck off
>>
>>80430336
such acting
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.