[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh no...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>young flesh-body human teaches a cyborg how to play a sport exclusively for combat cyborgs

"actor Keean Johnson has been brought aboard to play Hugo, a young boy who teaches Alita how to play Motorball, a gladiator-style sport. "

I don't mind some tweaks to the story here and there, but really? This is dumb.
>>
you can coach people in football while being an obese old fuck, you don't have to be able to play the game to teach it

also some adjustments to the story would be needed because it's a movie format, not a comic format, the first two arcs are too short to be adapted into one movie and too episodic to be fused into one, so they have to make some shit up to bridge it
>>
>>80407733
>you can coach people in football while being an obese old fuck.
Bad analogy. He's only a teenager and has never played the sport. He doesn't have any idea what it's like to be a superhuman killing machine hopped up on mind-altering drugs kung fu fighting at 200mph.

>the first two arcs are too short to be adapted into one movie
They most certainly are not. Motorball shouldn't be in the first movie. The first few books had the "normal" cyborg gladiator stuff.
>>
>>80407840
We don't know how much he teaches her, maybe he's a big enough fan to know enough to make for a decent teacher

>They most certainly are not.
They are, by themselves, and they're too episodic to both take place in the same movie. And the motorball arc is both cooler and better than the first two, so you'd want to adapt as soon as possible. And the normal cyborg gladiator stuff was just a throwaway plot device to give makaku a powerful body.
>>
>>80407936
Rushing into the motorball arc is a bad idea. There's Plenty of pre-motorball material for one movie.

The animes ran for one hour without touching motorball and they skipped over most of the stuff from the manga.
>>
I just want the mad max stuff but if this flops we will never get it.
And Keean Johnsonis probably gone be more of a life coach then a sports coach.
>>
They really are adapting the second chapter of Battle Angel Alita. That's the most important part of the story?

But then again, Elysium already did Gunnm's plot.
>>
>>80408250
elysium had nothing to do with alita aside from "privileged city in the sky"
>>
I hope Cameron has a tight leash on Robert - Machete was fucking awful
>>
>>80408210
Me too

Tuned Gally:
Best Gally.

>>80408250
I don't know why they'd go for motorball so soon. Nobody wants to watch alita wearing a crash helmet and an ugly motorball combat body. The skin-tight leather and trenchcoat is where it's at.
>>
>>80408298
this
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.