[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Irreversible_ver2.jpg (16KB, 220x311px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Irreversible_ver2.jpg
16KB, 220x311px
You can not find a director with better camera work and audio engineering. I came into this expected an edgy meme film but this is the most powerful, visceral piece of kino ever created.
>>
Gaspar Noe is a bad word on /tv/ but I agree with you. Personally I liked Enter the Void even more, but they're both great.
>>
>>80389145

This movie as well as enter the void is nothing but pure unmitigated trash
>>
I saw someone on here refer to the camera work in the infamous fire extinguisher scene as "shaky cam" and I almost burst a blood vessel.
>>
>>80389863
But that's what it is, a shaky cam
>>
>>80389773
Enter the Void was the first of his films that I watched so I don't think I really appreciated it for what it was. I'll give it a re-watch.
>>
>>80389145
But it is an edgy meme film, op... so is everything else with Gaspar Noe's name attached.
>>
>>80390206
>edgy
there's that word again

>meme
there's that word again
>>
My only gripe with his films are the blatant references to the ideas his films are artistically representing. I thought it was irritating to see the book about determinism mentioned in Irreversible and the Tibetan Book Of The Dead in Enter the Void
>>
>>80390385
>there's that word again
there are those words again
>>
>>80390206
I mean to say that there is more to the film than its edginess.
>>
>>80390495
there's that massive faggot again
>>
>>80390572
>faggot
there's that word again
>>
>>80390616
yeah I bet you hear that a lot don't you
>>
>>80390616
>>80390657
btfo
>>
>>80390657
listen carefully m8 i will cum 2 ur house and kick ur bins over u think im avin a laugh wiv u? im fkin hardcore m8 i wil turn the taps on in ur bathroom and leave m8 u dnt wanna mess wiv me i wil flick ur knee caps and kiss ur eyelids u lil nonse
>>
it's only good for those 2 scenes, great music tho
>>
>>80389145
the camera-work was very Kubrickian, lol
>>
>>80390849

It's not Kubrickian at all. Kubrick was never that flashy with his camera.
>>
>>80389145
The music for this film was fucking nuts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lMArVYkqZ8
>>
>>80390206
Just about anything you could describe as "edgy meme ___" is in actuality probably the best art being made right now.

The types of people who make such a clueless criticism, the types who don't "get" Death Grips, etc, are the rubes of history.
>>
>>80391768
[glass breaks]
>>
>>80390837
Only good for two scenes? Everything was good, and the camera work morphed to fit each scene very well. I liked the transition motif, but that's just an opinion.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.