[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Actors slating the movies they are in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 30

File: leap-year-matthew-goode.jpg (55KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
leap-year-matthew-goode.jpg
55KB, 600x400px
Matthew Goode on Leap Year

>It’s turgid. I just know that there are a lot of people who will say it is the worst film of 2010. [The location] was the main reason I took it – so that I could come home at the weekends.

>It wasn’t because of the script, trust me. I was told it was going to be like The Quiet Man with a Vaughan Williams soundtrack, but in the end it turned out to have pop music all over it.

>Was it a bad job? Yes, it was. But, you know, I had a nice time and I got paid.
>>
>>80383602
>shitting on movies youve worked on
unprofessional tbqh
>>
>>80383602
I hate actors that do this.
>yeah I know it's shit and it sucks and wow look how bad it was yeah I'm in on the joke to yeah I know how horrible but I'll still take the paid holiday and thousands of dollars I earned for the shit role hahaha no really I'm just like you"

Any actor that slags off a movie they are in should be fucking blacklisted. Fucking cunt.
>>
And what has he been in since?
>>
>>80383685
Post-ironically this

Could just say "well it's not for everyone but I hope people enjoyed it"

Or whatever.
>>
I think Shia got blacklisted for publicly talking shit about Spileberg and the last Indiana Jones movie
>>
File: IMG_6018.png (684KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6018.png
684KB, 1280x719px
George Clooney on Batman and Robin

>“I think since Batman that I’ve been disinvited from Comic-Con for 20 years. I see the comment sections on all you guys. I just met Adam West there [referring to behind the NYCC main stage] and I apologized to him. Sorry about the nipples on the suit. Freeze, freeze, I apologize for that.”

>“I thought at the time this was going to be a very good career move. Um, it wasn’t.”

https://youtu.be/AXzcSCf3kwg
>>
>>80384021

Shia LaBeouf on Spielberg and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

>I grew up with this idea, if you got to Spielberg, that’s where it is,” LaBeouf told Variety. “[Then] you get there, and you realise you’re not meeting the Spielberg you dream of. You’re meeting a different Spielberg, who is in a different stage in his career. He’s less a director than he is a fucking company.”

>LaBeouf explained that he found the attention to detail difficult while shooting with the director. “Spielberg’s sets are very different,” he said. “Everything has been so meticulously planned. You got to get this line out in 37 seconds. You do that for five years, you start to feel like not knowing what you’re doing for a living.

>“I don’t like the movies that I made with Spielberg,” he continued. “The only movie I liked that we made together was Transformers 1.”

>LaBeouf said that despite 2008’s Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull taking $800m, hostile reviews for the film had affected him deeply. “I prepped for a year and a half and then the movie comes out, and it’s your fault,” said the actor. “That shit hurt bad.”

>His director cautioned him not to read his own press, but LaBeouf refused to take the advice, saying: “There’s no way to not do that. For me to not read that means I need to not take part in society.”

>LaBeouf laid blame for its poor reception at his and Spielberg’s feet. “I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished,” he said. “I have a relationship with Steven that supersedes our business work. And believe me, I talk to him often enough to know that I’m not out of line. And I would never disrespect the man. But when you drop the ball you drop the ball.”
>>
File: 1486570148924.jpg (59KB, 955x375px) Image search: [Google]
1486570148924.jpg
59KB, 955x375px
>>80383602
Both Megan Fox and Shia LaDouche talked shit about Transformers.

Katherine Heigl with Knocked Up.

John Cusack is at best ambivalent about Better Off Dead. Supposedly he hated it when it came out, and I read some interview with him from a few years ago where he basically just said he didn't understand why people liked it.

Orson Welles thought Transformers was stupid.

Arnold says Red Sonja is like the worst movie ever, but he's probably half joking.
>>
Ben Affleck on Daredevil

>“Part of it was I wanted for once to get one of these movies and do it right — to do a good version,” he said of why he wanted to play Batman. He then admitted, “I hate Daredevil so much.” He also applauded Netflix’s Daredevil, which was greenlit for a third season not too long ago. “The Netflix show does really cool stuff,” he said. “I feel like that was there for us to do with that character, and we never kind of got it right. I wanted to do one of those movies and sort of get it right.”

>"Daredevil didn't work at all", adding that "if I wanted to go viral, I would be less polite. That was before people realised you could make these movies and make them well. There was a cynical sense of ‘put a red leather outfit on a guy, have him run around, hunt some bad guys, and cash the cheque".
>>
File: michael-bay.jpg (73KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
michael-bay.jpg
73KB, 1180x842px
Micheal Bay on Revenge of the Fallen

>Bay admits that they "made some mistakes" while filming the critically panned sequel.

>"The real fault with [Transformers 2] is that it ran into a mystical world," he explains. "When I look back at it, that was crap. The writers' strike was coming hard and fast. It was just terrible to do a movie where you've got to have a story in three weeks."

>He adds, "I was prepping a movie for months where I only had 14 pages of some idea of what the movie was. It's a BS way to make a movie, do you know what I'm saying?"

>"I'll take some of the criticism. It was very hard to put [the sequel] together that quickly after the writers' strike."
>>
>>80384584

Big explosions for a big man with a big heart.

I forgive you
>>
Jim Carrey on Kick Ass 2

>Carrey, who has been an outspoken proponent of increased gun control in the wake of the shootings by gunman Adam Lanza in December, tweeted on Sunday that he could no longer support the film. He wrote: "I did Kick-Ass 2 a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence. My apologies to others involve[d] with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart."
>>
File: 1487461409095.gif (2MB, 325x235px) Image search: [Google]
1487461409095.gif
2MB, 325x235px
>>80384232
You are now manually remembering Shia brachiating through the trees with CGI monkeys to catch up to a car driving 40 mph through the jungle.
>>
Robert Pattinson hating on Twilight was pretty funny. Still didn't stop him from signing a contract to all five movies though.
>>
Marky Mark on The Happening

>I was such a huge fan of [Amy Adams]. We'd actually had the luxury of having lunch before to talk about another movie, and it was a bad movie that I did. She dodged the bullet. I don't want to tell you what movie... All right, The Happening with M. Night Shyamalan. It is was it is. F*cking trees, man, the plants. F*ck it. You can't blame me for wanting to try to play a science teacher. You know? I wasn't playing a cop or a crook.
>>
>>80384472
Can't wait until his DC contract is over so he can start to shit on Batman
>>
Christian Bale on Terminator Salvation, and wishing Terminator Genisys luck (lol)

>"No, I didn't talk with anyone about [Terminator Genisys]. I knew that we gave it a shot, it didn't work. I know the reasons for that. Wisdom sometimes is knowing when you have to walk away."

>Christian Bale also added that "everything was against [them]" when they were making Terminator Salvation, and added that it was a "shame" that it didn’t work out well. That being said, he also wished the production of Terminator Genisys "a lot better luck" than they had, and added, "I wish it the best. I hope it does well."
>>
>>80384108
jeez it wasn't THAT bad.
>>
James Cameron on AVP

>QUINT: I remember before Paul W.S. Anderson did ALIEN VS PREDATOR it came out that you kind of made an offer to do another ALIEN film with Ridley Scott...
>JAMES CAMERON: Yeah. Ridley and I talked about doing another ALIEN film and I said to 20th Century Fox that I would develop a 5th ALIEN film. I started working on a story, I was working with another writer and Fox came back to me and said, "We've got this really good script for ALIEN VS PREDATOR and I got pretty upset. I said, "You do that you're going to kill the validity of the franchise in my mind." Because to me, that was >FRANKENSTEIN MEETS WEREWOLF. It was Universal just taking their assets and starting to play them off against each other.

>QUINT: Milking it, totally.
>JAMES CAMERON: Milking it. So, I stopped work. Then I saw ALIEN VS PREDATOR and it was actually pretty good. (laughs) I think of the 5 ALIEN films, I'd rate it 3rd.

>QUINT: Ummm...
>JAMES CAMERON: I actually liked it. I actually liked it a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnS7CGWNmU
>>
Patton Oswalt on making Blade Trinity

>There’s a scene where Blade goes in and confronts this guy for harvesting humans. That scene was supposed to be the whole basis of the film. Blade is fighting for the last shred of humanity. But they thought that it was just so fucking grim, so they decided to just have Blade fighting Dracula. It was just one of those; it was a very troubled production.

>When I met him I was like, “Hi!” And he was like, “I’m Blade.” And also, Natasha Lyonne was on that set, and she was going through some kind of mental breakdown. Wesley is all boundaries, and she has no boundaries. She played a blind computer expert. So the first scene they had together, she put her hand right on his face, and he just recoiled. It was awesome.

>Wesley [Snipes] was just fucking crazy in a hilarious way. He wouldn’t come out of his trailer, and he would smoke weed all day. Which is fine with me, because I had all these DVDs that I wanted to catch up on. We were in Vancouver, and it was always raining. I kept the door to my trailer open to smell the evening rain while I was watching a movie. Then I remember one day on the set—they let everyone pick their own clothes—there was one black actor who was also kind of a club kid. And he wore this shirt with the word “Garbage” on it in big stylish letters. It was his shirt. And Wesley came down to the set, which he only did for close-ups. Everything else was done by his stand-in. I only did one scene with him. But he comes on and goes, “There’s only one other black guy in the movie, and you make him wear a shirt that says ‘Garbage?’ You racist motherfucker!” And he tried to strangle the director, David Goyer.
>>
>>80384802
That was brilliant. Literally every opportunity he dumped on it yet was untouchable for being a face of the franchise.
>>
>>80384802
I don't think anyone would turn that down. Regardless of how shit it is.
>>
>>80385313
Holy shit this can't be real
>>
>>80385313

Contd

>So we went out that night to some strip club, and we were all drinking. And there were a bunch of bikers there, so David says to them, “I’ll pay for all your drinks if you show up to set tomorrow and pretend to be my security.” Wesley freaked out and went back to his trailer. [Laughs.] And the next day, Wesley sat down with David and was like, “I think you need to quit. You’re detrimental to this movie.” And David was like, “Why don’t you quit? We’ve got all your close-ups, and we could shoot the rest with your stand-in.” And that freaked Wesley out so much that, for the rest of the production, he would only communicate with the director through Post-it notes. And he would sign each Post-it note “From Blade.”

>A lot of the lines that Ryan Reynolds has were just a result of Wesley not being there. We would all just think of things for him to say and then cut to Wesley’s face not doing anything because that’s all we could get from him. It was kind of funny. We were like, “What are the worst jokes and puns that we can say to this guy?” And then it would just be his face going, “Mmm.” “Smiles are contagious.” It’s so, so dumb. [Laughs.] That was an example of a very troubled shoot that we made fun. You have to find a way to make it fun.
>>
>>80384584
>"made some mistakes"
At least it humbled him.
>>
>>80384802
>>80385333
>>80385358

I cant even sum up everything he says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFA6Ycch1EM
>>
>>80384873
The premise was good it was the dialogue that was just awful. A film like War of the Worlds could have been just as terrible but scenes and the dialogue is what worked. My 0,02¢.
>>
File: 1403708061071.jpg (1MB, 3000x1969px) Image search: [Google]
1403708061071.jpg
1MB, 3000x1969px
>>80385372
I remember Reynolds non-stop talking through the entire film and a very buff Biel.
>>
David Cross on Alvin and the Chipmunks 3

>"This last film was literally, without question, the most unpleasant experience I’ve ever had in my professional life," he says of 'Chip-Wrecked,' where he reprises his role of record executive Ian. Without naming names, he says, "It’s safe to say I won’t be working with some of those people ever again. Not the actors. And the director [Mike Mitchell] was great. We got along. There were a couple of people, though…it was just a really awful, unpleasant experience." Which isn't to say the entire 'Chipmunks' experience has been rotten for him. "I got recognized in China," he says, listing off the places 'Chipmunks' has taken him. "I got recognized in a teeny tiny town in Mozambique. In Zimbabwe. Botswana. It’s crazy."
>>
>>80384962
I thought Christian Bale forced his way in to a much bigger part in salvation and as a result they didn't do the actual good scenes
>>
Miles Teller on Fantastic Four

>“People think that when you make something like a Fantastic Four that doesn’t do well, people think ‘oh you phoned it in’ and it couldn’t be more untrue”, he said.

>“You work harder on the bad films, or the films that turn out maybe not the way you intended, because something’s not working. And I thought it was kind of unjustly critiqued that way. There are even bigger bombs if you’re looking at how much money went into the production and what they reaped back”.

>He continued, saying that “I think it’s unfortunate a movie like that becomes a scarlet letter on a resume when so many talented people worked really hard and maybe a handful of people took it in a negative direction. But so many people worked really hard on that that are so talented”.

>As for what he learned from his Fantastic Four experience?

>“I think it was [George] Clooney who said you can make a bad movie out of a good script, you can’t make a good movie out of a bad script, and that’s very true. If they’re telling you maybe your part’s not as big and they say ‘oh you’re going to be bigger in the sequel’ or ‘oh we’re going to rewrite’ and ‘yeah we’re going to take in all these notes,’ if you’re in a position where you can say hold off I’m not signing off on this dotted line until this script is exactly where you want it, then you’re in a very fortunate position”.
>>
>>80383602
I saw this, it's not that horrid. Yeah, it's a retarded romcom with an annoyingly stupid american girl character but like he points out, at least the scenery is nice.
>>
>>80386186

Originally he was supposed die in it, and it wasnt as action heavy.

Then they changed it all
>>
>>80383748
>I hate when people are honest.
>Why can't they just bullshit me?
>I love eating it up and pretending I'm retarded!
Fucking idiots.
>>
File: 11168888_800.jpg (281KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
11168888_800.jpg
281KB, 800x1200px
Steven Spielberg on The Lost World

>My sequels aren’t as good as my originals because I go onto every sequel I’ve made and I’m too confident. This movie made a ka-zillion dollars, which justifies the sequel, so I come in like it’s going to be a slam dunk and I wind up making an inferior movie to the one before. I’m talking about The Lost World and Jurassic Park.
>>
>>80386283
This.

I liked his character and the road trip. And Amy Adams was QT
>>
>>80386497
>Steven Spielberg on The Lost World
I really don't get it. I enjoyed it. Also the box office was $618.6 million so a lot of people like it.
>>
File: Movie-43-poster-quad.jpg (101KB, 585x438px) Image search: [Google]
Movie-43-poster-quad.jpg
101KB, 585x438px
>“It’s the brainchild of Charlie Wessler. He’d been talking about this for years, basically what he wanted to do was a Kentucky Fried Movie thing,” Farrelly says. After receiving hundreds of submissions and scripts, Wessler settled on roughly forty and then set his sights on some of the biggest names in the business to star.

>As Farrelly put it, “The world doesn’t know Charlie Wessler, but Charlie Wessler knows everybody. He was a P.A. on Star Wars, he was the assistant to the director on Empire of the Sun. He’s done a million things. So he would call actors like Richard Gere and say, ‘Hey Richard, you wanna do this short film?’ We have no money. You’re working for one day for scale, but there’s gonna be a lot of laughs.”

>“[George] Clooney told us to f**k off,” Farrelly admits.

>“Hugh and Kate were just sensational because it’s such a ballsy little piece.” (Get it?!) “They embraced it so much and they were so committed and so into it. There was no hesitation. In fact, it was the other way. Both of them were going off the page doing insane things. They got into the swing of it,” Farrelly says of his time with the stars, calling the shoot “two hilariously fun days.”

>Peter Farrelly had this to say; “The studio is not hiding it. We knew it would have to find its audience, and believe me, it will.”

>And that audience, as Farrelly puts it, is: “Kids, teenagers, 50-somethings who still smoke pot — they’re all going to find something here,”

>The only person who has defended the film is Farrelly, who earlier this week fired back, saying: "Movie 43 is not the end of the world. It's just a $6m movie where we tried to do something different. Now back off …

>Only Stephen Merchant was willing to share the trauma of making Movie 43: "I had to spend two days looking at Halle Berry. It was a living hell."
>>
>>80386731
>And Amy Adams was QT
Yeah, she was definitely a good "I wonder if I want to fuck her because she looks good or to see if she'll shut the fuck up".
>>
>>80387156
>>Only Stephen Merchant was willing to share the trauma of making Movie 43: "I had to spend two days looking at Halle Berry. It was a living hell."

Oh wow, poor Stevie had to spend 2 days looking at Halle Berry. How the fuck does whoever wrote this fail to spot the sarcasm?
>>
>>80386452
>>I love eating it up and pretending I'm retarded!

it's obvious from your post you aren't pretending, champ
>>
>>80383602
I saw this in theaters with my high school gf and it was so bad we went to the emergency exit cove and 69ed fully clothed
>>
>About 18 years later, the subject of Speed 2 came up on Jimmy Kimmel Live. According to Reeves, he turned the sequel down because he really, really didn’t like the premise.
>"I loved working with Jan de Bont and Sandra, of course. It was just a situation in life where I got the script and I read the script and I was like 'ugggghhh’,” Reeves said. “It was about a cruise ship and I was thinking, 'a bus, a cruise ship… Speed, bus, but then a cruise ship is even slower than a bus and I was like, ‘I love you guys but I just can’t do it'".

Bullock went on to win a Golden Raspberry for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghS98BKy29Q
>>
File: x-men-origins-deadpool.jpg (42KB, 1368x618px) Image search: [Google]
x-men-origins-deadpool.jpg
42KB, 1368x618px
Ryan Reynolds on X Men Origins Wolverine

>"It was during a writers’ strike, so all my dialogue in X-Men Origins: Wolverine I wrote. I mean, in the stage directions it just said, “Deadpool shows up, talks really fast, and makes a lot of jokes.” At the beginning of that movie, that’s pretty close to Deadpool’s Wade Wilson—we’re in the ballpark with that guy. But it completely departed all canon and reason and he wound up being this abomination of Deadpool that was like Barakapool, with his mouth sewn shut and weird blades that came out of his hands and these strange tattoos and stuff like that. If you watch the movie, I’m actually playing only a small section, and another actor, this gifted stunt performer, is doing the lion’s share of that work. The conversation at the time was “If you want to play Deadpool, this is your chance to introduce him. And if you don’t want to introduce him in this fashion, we’ll have someone else play him.”

>"That movie leaked online a month and a half before it was supposed to be released, and all these people saw it and were so upset about Deadpool. I was in Mexico with some friends, and I was called by the chief of the studio, who said, 'You have to get on a plane right now. We need to re-shoot the very end of the movie.” I was such a douche, because I was like, 'I told you so.' I still get angry, because I remember saying, 'You know, there are more Deadpool fans out there than you realize, and they’re not gonna be happy with this.' I was met with a plausible reason, which was: 'We don’t have enough time to develop a proper Deadpool suit and make him the fully realized version of the comic, so we’re going with this.' But I was like, 'Then don’t do it at all!'"
>>
>>80383602

He should be ashamed of himself. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>80387436
Coming from the guy who wants to eat shit I'll take it as a compliment. Now go away you gullible little mor- I mean you swell guy.
>>
>>80387436
I agree with him

I don't like actors going out of their way to shit on a movie they worked on
but if they're asked directly I'd prefer a straight answer
and obviously tone is a massive factor in the response, but there's a right way of expressing your thought, and if there isn't then just say it like it is
>>
>>80387481

Speed 2 is one of my favorite shitty movies
>>
>>80387348
I think he was being ironic, anon
>>
>>80384761
>so morally opposed to the film
>dosnt give his cheque to the victims of sandy hook
Virtue signalling much?
>>
Jim Carrey on working with Tommy Lee Jones for Batman

"I was really looking forward to working with Tommy because he was a fantastic actor, and he still is. I love him. I mean, he's amazing. But he was a little crusty…I think he was just a little freaked out because Dumb and Dumber had come out on the same weekend as Cobb, and Cobb was his big swing for the fences--pardon the pun. And that didn't work out, and it freaked him out. I think it made him--I walked into a restaurant the night before our big scene in the Riddler's lair and the maître d said, 'You're working with Tommy Lee Jones, aren't you?' I said, 'I am.' He said, 'He's in the back corner.' I said, 'Oh, great. I'll go say hello.' And I went up to say hi and the blood drained from his face in such a way that I realized that I had become the face of his pain or something. And he got kind of shaking and hugged me and said, 'I hate you. I really don't like you.' And I was like, 'Wow, okay, what's going on, man?' And he said, 'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.'"
>>
>>80387709
>'I cannot sanction your buffoonery.'"
what a quote
>>
>>80383602
my uncle actually was in it, pretty much said that it was shit also.
>>
>>80387522

What a guy
>>
Ryan Reynolds on Green Lantern and RIPD

This will be your second superhero movie as the leading man. What did you learn from the first, Green Lantern, that you can bring to this one?
>Well, script. When we shot Green Lantern, nobody auditioning for the role of Green Lantern was given the opportunity to read the script, because the script didn’t exist. I’m not complaining about it — it was an opportunity of a lifetime, and if I were to go back and retrace my steps, I would probably do everything the exact same way. But script, that’s what’s different on this one.

I am one of the only defenders of R.I.P.D. I even wrote about it.
>That was you, huh? Jeez, that was a bit of a debacle.

I enjoyed the campiness of it, but was it a mess on set?
>It’s always a strange kind of alchemy with that stuff. You need a very, very specific, clear vision from a director that understands it. Everyone who’s involved in it has to take responsibility, myself included. That’s always weird, because when you talk about a movie that didn’t work, a soundbite is taken out of context, and then everything becomes about that, and you’re like hold on, let’s calm down.

When you’re on set are you like, “Oh no, this is not going well?”
>When you’re doing an effects-heavy movie, you don’t know what anything’s going to look like. I don’t think anyone went into that movie thinking, “This is going to redefine cinema as we know it.” I think everyone went into that movie thinking, “This is fun, we like our co-stars, we like the people that we’re surrounded with here, and it’s going to be a bit of an adventure.” You can’t really control outcome like that, and if you start to do that, you sort of lose the plot.
>>
>>80387709
he then went on to make Man Of The House, so he needs to sit the fuck down.
>>
>>80387156
jackman's skit in movie 43 is still one of the funniest things ever put on screen
>>
just reading from these posts just shows how an upstanding guy Reynolds is, he never really trashes the film that he's in but rather tell the story behind why it came out that way. what a guy
>>
>>80387939

Man of the House is full of hot babes tho
>>
Charles Bronson on Death Wish 3

>Bronson said the film was "nearly the same as the first two Death Wishes that came before except this time he's not alone... It is a very violent picture but it all falls within the category of the story." Bronson did add however that "there are men on motorbikes, an element that's threatening - throwing bottles and that sort of thing - and I machine gun them. That to me is excessive violence and is unnecessary."
>>
I really love this thread, very interesting stuff
>>
>>80388094
Same
>>
>>80387709
There's a quote about the studio pushing the part onto Jones. He said "I don't get the (character) it". He didn't want to do it.
>>
>>80388001
He did call out the director of RIPD.

>You need a very, very specific, clear vision from a director that understands it.

I think that's a little unnecessary, because Ryan Reynolds is a star and he can keep working in Hollywood as long as he wants, and he's pretty bulletproof at this point. The director of RIPD obviously now has a huge stink on him, so no need to basically call him out by name.

I'm sure it probably was partially the director's fault that the movie was so shitty, and he deserves some criticism, but he also probably lost a ton of battles with the studio over what ended up in the movie.
>>
>>80388135
yeah, it was something like his son was a big batman fan, so he did the movie and didn't like it
>>
>>80388165
Always taught the director, Robert Schwentke was a yes-man for the studio. As in he will just film the scenes because the studio hired him to do it. He wasn't supposed to create a masterpiece out of it.
>>
John Boorman on Exorcist 2: The Heretic

>It all comes down to audience expectations. The film that I made, I saw as a kind of riposte to the ugliness and darkness of The Exorcist – I wanted a film about journeys that was positive, about good, essentially. And I think that audiences, in hindsight, were right. I denied them what they wanted and they were pissed off about it – quite rightly, I knew I wasn't giving them what they wanted and it was a really foolish choice. The film itself, I think, is an interesting one – there's some good work in it – but when they came to me with it I told John Calley, who was running Warner Bros. then, that I didn't want it. "Look," I said, "I have daughters, I don't want to make a film about torturing a child," which is how I saw the original film. But then I read a three-page treatment for a sequel written by a man named William Goodhart and I was really intrigued by it because it was about goodness. I saw it then as a chance to film a riposte to the first picture. But it had one of the most disastrous openings ever – there were riots! And we recut the actual prints in the theatres, about six a day, but it didn't help of course and I couldn't bear to talk about it, or look at it, for years.
>>
>>80388165
that's more like a commentary on how the production went instead of deliberately straight trashing him. And by the time RIPD came out, Reynolds is a more of a B or C celebrity at best
>>
William Friedkin on Exorcist 2: The Heretic

>Friedkin saw half an hour of the film: "I was at Technicolor and a guy said 'We just finished a print of Exorcist II, do you wanna have a look at it?' And I looked at half an hour of it and I thought it was as bad as seeing a traffic accident in the street. It was horrible. It's just a stupid mess made by a dumb guy – John Boorman by name, somebody who should be nameless, but in this case should be named. Scurrilous. A horrible picture." Friedkin later stated that this sequel diminished the value of the original and called it "one of the worst films I've ever seen." He later added, "That film was made by a demented mind".
>>
File: Jaws_the_revenge.jpg (120KB, 290x451px) Image search: [Google]
Jaws_the_revenge.jpg
120KB, 290x451px
Micheal Caine on Jaws 4: The Revenge

>"I've never seen it," Sir Michael, 83, said on ITV's The Jonathan Ross Show.

>"Somebody said, 'Have you ever seen Jaws 4?' I said, 'No. But I've seen the house it bought for my mum. It's fantastic!'"

>He added: "The bleeding shark didn't even work on that. I thought we were in trouble when the shark didn't work. You see the shark and a guy comes out of the mouth with a spanner!"
>>
>>80387522
solid dude. and handsome to boot

not that i loved memepool, but at least he had convictions about it, appears to know some background to the character at least
>>
Will Smith on After Earth

>Wild Wild West was less painful than After Earth because my son was involved in After Earth and I led him into it. That was excruciating. What I learned from that failure is how you win. I got reinvigorated after the failure of After Earth. I stopped working for a year and a half. I had to dive into why it was so important for me to have number-one movies. And I never would have looked at myself in that way. I was a guy who, when I was fifteen my girlfriend cheated on me, and I decided that if I was number one, no woman would ever cheat on me. All I have to do is make sure that no one's ever better than me and I'll have the love that my heart yearns for. And I never released that and moved into a mature way of looking at the world and my artistry and love until the failure of After Earth, when I had to accept that it's not a good source of creation.

>After Earth comes out, I get the box-office numbers on Monday and I was devastated for about twenty-four minutes, and then my phone rang and I found out my father had cancer. That put it in perspective—viciously. And I went right downstairs and got on the treadmill. And I was on the treadmill for about ninety minutes. And that Monday started the new phase of my life, a new concept: Only love is going to fill that hole. You can't win enough, you can't have enough money, you can't succeed enough. There is not enough. The only thing that will ever satiate that existential thirst is love. And I just remember that day I made the shift from wanting to be a winner to wanting to have the most powerful, deep, and beautiful relationships I could possibly have.
>>
>>80384761
inb4 Carrey whining over having sucked some A+ milf tits
>>
Kyle MacLachlan on Showgirls

>I was absolutely gobsmacked. I said, “This is horrible. Horrible!” And it’s a very slow, sinking feeling when you’re watching the movie, and the first scene comes out, and you’re like, “Oh, that’s a really bad scene.” But you say, “Well, that’s okay, the next one’ll be better.” And you somehow try to convince yourself that it’s going to get better… and it just gets worse. And I was like, “Wow. That was crazy.” I mean, I really didn’t see that coming. So at that point, I distanced myself from the movie. Now, of course, it has a whole other life as a sort of inadvertent… satire. No, “satire” isn’t the right word. But it’s inadvertently funny. So it’s found its place. It provides entertainment, though not in the way I think it was originally intended. It was just… maybe the wrong material with the wrong director and the wrong cast
>>
File: what did you say.png (1MB, 973x608px) Image search: [Google]
what did you say.png
1MB, 973x608px
>>80387162
>wonder

Did
somebody
say
WONDER?!?!?
>>
>>80386497
>sequels
how many has he directed?
>>
>>80383685
>unpofessional

How so?
>>
>>80383602
>Orson Welles thought Transformers was stupid.
What?
>>
>>80387348

You're the one who can't spot sarcasm or irony you autist
>>
>>80389173

Indiana Jones and The Lost World
>>
>>80389098
Kyle Mac is a pleb I guess. Explains why he wouldn't do more than a couple scenes of FWWM.
>>
Sylvester Stallone on Rocky 5

>"I'm greedy - what can I tell you? It was a mistake because the audience didn't want to see the downside of the character. They wanted him to remain on top. I should have known that. I fell into a sense of self-parody."

On Stop or My Mom will Shoot

>The worst film I’ve ever made by far… maybe one of the worst films in the entire solar system, including alien productions we’ve never seen… a flatworm could write a better script then STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT. In some countries – China, I believe – running STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT once a week on government television has lowered the birth rate to zero. If they ran it twice a week, I believe in twenty years China would be extinct.
>>
>>80385456
Kek
>>
>>80384292
>Katherine Heigl

She's ;ike that with almost everything that it isnt Greys Anatomy. Whats hilarious is that she hits up Shonda once a year about coming back and always gets turned down.
>>
File: orson.jpg (90KB, 1272x849px) Image search: [Google]
orson.jpg
90KB, 1272x849px
>>80389410
>Oh........yes......Transformers..........................It was more than meets the....eye.
>>
>>80389410
>You know what I did this morning? I played the voice of a toy. Some terrible robot toys from Japan that changed from one thing to another. The Japanese have funded a full-length animated cartoon about the doings of these toys, which is all bad outer-space stuff. I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen.
>>
>Ben Affleck on Armageddon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ahtp0sjA5U

Fucking hilarious.
>>
>>80388945
how does this faggot have the nerve to criticize that movie when it was him who insisted for his song to be in it and ruin pretty much everything consequently
>>
>>80384292
>Orson Welles thought Transformers was stupid.
what
>>
Joss Whedon on Age of Ultron

>“I was so beaten down by the process,” Whedon said. “Some of that was conflicting with Marvel, which is inevitable. A lot of it was about my own work, and I was also exhausted.”

>Whedon blames himself for the narrative that the project wasn’t perfect, and said he had failed.

>“I think that did a disservice to the movie and the studio and to myself,” Whedon said. “It was not the right way to be, because I am very proud of it. The things about it that are wrong frustrate me enormously, and I had probably more of those than I had on the other movies I made. But I also got to make, for the second time, an absurdly personal movie that talked about how I felt about humanity, and what it means, in very esoteric and bizarre ways, for hundreds of billions of dollars. The fact that Marvel gave me that opportunity is so bonkers, and so beautiful, and the fact that I come off of it feeling like a miserable failure, is also bonkers, but not in a cute way.”

>Ruffalo told the audience that after Ultron, he pleaded Whedon to do Avengers 3 and 4, Hulk 3 and Thor 3.

>“I’ve been begging him, and he said ‘I’ll never do it again,'” Ruffalo said.
>>
>>80389173
Just the Indiana Jones sequels and The Lost World.
>>
File: moreau5-xlarge.jpg (57KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
moreau5-xlarge.jpg
57KB, 1280x721px
where are you getting these quotes? I'm searching for Island of Doctor Moreau to see what Kilmer had to say.
>>
Hunter S Thompson on Tobey Maguire

Not going to lie, I fucking love this video

https://youtu.be/ZNZkKKkTM0g
>>
>>80389721
10/10
>>
Tom Clancy on the Sum of All Fears, with the director sitting right beside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrLIpxh_mbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVCQq-m3IUg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKLxmkSbSOk
>>
>>80384761
Jim Carrey was in kick ass 2??
>>
File: Taking-aim---Jim-Carrey-a-010.jpg (31KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Taking-aim---Jim-Carrey-a-010.jpg
31KB, 460x276px
>>80390263

Yeah Colonel Stars N Stripes
>>
>>80388945
And then he did Suicide Squad
>>
>>80389721
This is gold.
>>
>>80388462
John Boorman is a better director than William Friedkin, even if the Exorcist 2 was bad.
>>
File: 459849.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
459849.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
HBOs President of Programming on True Detective season 2

>“I’ll tell you something. Our biggest failures — and I don’t know if I would consider True Detective 2 — but when we tell somebody to hit an air date as opposed to allowing the writing to find its own natural resting place, when it’s ready, when it’s baked — we’ve failed.

>“And I think in this particular case, the first season of True Detective was something that Nic Pizzolatto had been thinking about, gestating, for a long period of time. He’s a soulful writer. I think what we did was go, ‘Great.’ And I take the blame. I became too much of a network executive at that point. We had huge success. ‘Gee, I’d love to repeat that next year.’

>“Well, you know what? I set him up. To deliver, in a very short time frame, something that became very challenging to deliver. That’s not what that show is. He had to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. Find his muse. And so I think that’s what I learned from it. Don’t do that anymore.

>“And I’d love to have the enviable certainty of knowing what my next year looks like. I could pencil things in. But I’m not going to start betting on them until the scripts are done.”
>>
>>80387522
Ryan was a good deadpool, but he never understood deadpool was annoying anti-humor and not supposed to be funny, most of the comedy is supposed to be juxtaposition rather than him monologuing - and even then still supported with action
>>
Quentin Tarantino on True Detective

>“I tried to watch the first episode of season one, and I didn’t get into it at all. I thought it was really boring. And season two looks awful. Just the trailer — all these handsome actors trying to not be handsome and walking around looking like the weight of the world is on their shoulders. It’s so serious, and they’re so tortured, trying to look miserable with their moustaches and grungy clothes."

Also I understand I am basically going away from my original subject but fuck it
>>
>>80390445
>casper knew this
>>
>>80390514
Basically how I felt about it too
>>
>>80390445
to think that this asshole still has a job and poor Nick Pizzamatso is probably off scrubbing toilets somewhere
>>
File: iron_man_2_02.jpg (381KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
iron_man_2_02.jpg
381KB, 3072x2048px
Mickey Rourke on Iron Man 2

>"It's like when I did Ivan Vanko in Iron Man, I fought ... You know, I explained to Justin Theroux, to the writer, and to [Jon] Favreau that I wanted to bring some other layers and colors, not just make this Russian a complete murderous revenging bad guy. And they allowed me to do that. Unfortunately, the [people] at Marvel just wanted a one-dimensional bad guy, so most of the performance ended up the floor.

>"Well, you know, it is f**king too bad, but it's their loss. If they want to make mindless comic book movies, then I don't want to be a part of that. I don't want to have to care so much and work so hard, and then fight them for intelligent reasoning, and just because they're calling the shots they ... You know, I didn't work for three months on the accent and all the adjustments and go to Russia just so I could end up on the floor. Because that can make somebody say at the end of the day, oh f**k 'em, I'm just going to mail it in. But I'm not that kind of guy. I'm never going to mail it in.

>"At the end of the day you've got some nerd with a pocketful of money calling the shots. You know, Favreau didn't call the shots. I wish he would have. And Theroux, we worked together to bring layers to that character, so, you know, I fight for that any time I'm playing like a bad guy."
>>
>>80390640
> one-dimensional bad guy
typical marvel, can't make it too complicated for the viewers and the kids!
>>
>>80387156
I thought it was pretty funny, mostly the scene with Elizabeth Banks and that gay fucking cartoon cat.
>>
>>80390742

Take the Wrestler special edition out of your ass, you sycophant.
>>
>>80384108
Batman and Robin gave birth to the mcu
>>
Laurence Fishburne on DC and BVS backlash

>“We’ve been waiting 35 years for these [characters] to show up on the screen. What were they doing over there? Marvel has been kicking their ass. This is the comic-book geek in me, who has a collection of comic books. I’ve been waiting to see these people on-screen forever.”

>“Look, I love what Zack Snyder does. Jesse Eisenberg, this little nebbishy guy, as Lex Luthor? For me, that’s a genius move. And the whole thing with Martha Kent and Martha Wayne? I don’t know, man, I must be sentimental but that’s some heartwarming [stuff] to me. So I don’t get it.”
>>
File: 47116524.jpg (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
47116524.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
Michael Caine on Jaws 2

>"I have never seen it [the film],” Caine once famously said, “but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."
>>
>>80390640
>>"At the end of the day you've got some nerd with a pocketful of money calling the shots
>(((nerd)))
>>
George A Romero on the Dawn of the Dead remake

>“I didn’t like it very much. Basically, because I was using the idea for satire. My film needed to be done right when it was done, because that sort of shopping mall was completely new. It was the first one in Pennsylvania that we had ever seen. The heart of the story is based in that. And I didn’t think the remake had it.”
>>
Jean-Luc Godard shat on all his 60's films, especially A Woman Is A Woman

Michael Caine on the Jaws sequel he did "I haven't seen it and it was trash but it paid for a nice house"

Ron Pearlman on doing DTV garbage like Scorpion King sequels "My wife likes shoes" kek
>>
>>80387709

I read this cracked article too
>>
Paul Verhoeven on the remakes of his movies

>Oh sure, I watch them. Somehow they seem to think that the lightness of say Total Recall and Robocop is a hindrance. So they take these somewhat absurd stories and make them much too serious. I think that is a mistake. Especially in Robocop when he awakens they gave him the same brain. He’s a horribly injured and amputated victim, which is horrifying and tragic from the very beginning. So we didn’t do that in Robocop. His brain is gone and he has only flashes of memory and needs to go to a computer to find out who he even is. I think by not having a robot brain, you make the movie much heavier and I don’t think that helps the movie in anyway. It becomes more silly or absurd, but in the wrong way. Both those movies needed the distance of satire or comedy to situate it for audiences. Playing it straight without any humour is a problem and not an improvement.
>>
Mel Gibson on Mad Max Fury Road

>“It’s visually spectacular,” Gibson said. “It’s crazy, but that’s George. He’s a scientist. He’s the Einstein of edit, and of being able to get the pieces necessary to make a truly compelling, in-your-face action sequence.”
>>
>>80389618
ha classic Oswell
>>
>>80390195
F

Based as fuck. Truly the greatest armchair general.
>>
>>80390195
>unlisted video
Is this your youtube? Good shit.
>>
>>80391590

Nah not mine, I just found them off an old Cracked article.
>>
>>80384232
>The only movie I liked that we made together was Transformers 1

Good taste, Shia.
>>
OP here, I am going to head to bed now. Hope the thread was somewhat interesting

I will leave you with Marlon Brando on Jews

>"You've seen every single race besmirched, but you never saw an image of the kike because the Jews were ever so watchful for that—and rightly so. They never allowed it to be shown on screen. The Jews have done so much for the world that, I suppose, you get extra disappointed because they didn't pay attention to that."

>"Hollywood is run by Jews; it is owned by Jews, and they should have a greater sensitivity about the issue of—of people who are suffering. Because they've exploited—we have seen the—we have seen the nigger and greaseball, we've seen the chink, we've seen the slit-eyed dangerous Jap, we have seen the wily Filipino, we've seen everything, but we never saw the kike. Because they knew perfectly well, that that is where you draw the wagons around."

>Larry King, who is Jewish, replied, "When you say—when you say something like that, you are playing right in, though, to anti-Semitic people who say the Jews are—" Brando interrupted: "No, no, because I will be the first one who will appraise the Jews honestly and say 'Thank God for the Jews'."
>>
>>80391740
Jesus. Even just slightly sort of critical of them and immediately the accusations come out and he's forced to backpedal. Fucking kikes.
>>
>>80384873
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rq-7zEVuwI
>>
>>80388049

I wonder how he felt when they went on to make two additional Death Wishes as identical to the third as the third is to the first and second.
>>
>>80391840
>>>/pol/
>>
File: grumpytommylee.jpg (39KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
grumpytommylee.jpg
39KB, 500x442px
>>80387709
>I cannot sanction your buffoonery
>>
>>80384472
I don't think that film is as bad as some people say it is, it's nothing compared to the series but what annoys me is the only good bits of the film are all the things the series got so wrong.
>>
>>80388945

I actually liked After Erf a bit
>>
>>80388945
>After Earth comes out, I get the box-office numbers on Monday and I was devastated for about twenty-four minutes, and then my phone rang and I found out my father had cancer.

man, that's a shitty morning.
>>
>>80383685
>>80383748
>not liking honesty
>wanting people to be corporate cucks
>>
>>80392038
Karma. He could have done anything with that money and influence, but he wasted it on making his dumbass son a psueo-celebrity.
>>
>>80392056

This no idea why people would get angry at actors slagging off their films

If we can do it why can't they?
>>
>>80390640
I don't care how messy the footage is, there's a shitload of dark and mature footage for this movie left on the floor after Disney told them to kiddify the movie, I really want to see it. Favreau didn't deserve that, the man has talent and it sucks to see his filmography sullied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSFjFGUZGIg
>>
>grr actors and hollywood have no integrity
>grrr how dare anyone in hollywood show a glimpse of integrity instead of sucking off Mr.Goldstein
/thread/
>>
>>80392271
>the man has talent
No, he really doesn't.
>>
>>80391368
I don't get it
>>
>>80385107
it really was though
>>
>>80385124
>Then I saw ALIEN VS PREDATOR and it was actually pretty good.

He's not lying either.

AVP was actually decent for an action/horror flick.
>>
>>80392340
>Chef
>Elf
>Iron Man
>not talented
>>
File: kek2.png (615KB, 518x936px) Image search: [Google]
kek2.png
615KB, 518x936px
>>80389721
>>
>>80392509
All shit
>>
>>80392509
None of those movies are particularly good, and their charms have nothing to do with direction. He's a classic point-and-shoot director with no real vision or integrity and that's why he's the perfect fit for Disney.
>>
>>80392509
He's not terrible, he's just not all that great. If anything he's a better writer.
>>
>>80392506

Watch the video though
>>
>>80390195
man i liked this move to but still. Tom Clancy is the man. Wonder how he would feel about his game franchise these days.
>>
>>80391191
Nailed it.
>>
>>80390640

This one pisses me off. You can sort of see that it was moving in that direction, you've got that line about making God bleed so that people won't believe in him, it's implying some slightly more complicated motivation for the character, like his plan was always more involved than it seemed. But then apropos of nothing he changes gears to "I'll just shoot him with some robots".
>>
>>80389762
He was unicorn in the 1986 film
>>
>>80389721
>even does a bit of the Sling Blade voice at the end
fucking lel
>>
>>80385124
kek Based James throwing shade on Alien 3 and Resurrection.
>>
Harrison Ford on Stars Wars

With Han Solo making a triumphant return ‘The Force Awakens’, it’s hard to imagine how negative the 72-year-old has been over the years about the movies that first made his name.

He balked at answering interview questions about ‘Star Wars’ for decades and wanted to be killed off in ‘Return Of The Jedi’, though now he’s probably glad George Lucas didn’t agree.

Famously, the actor said of the first script, “You can write this s***, but you sure as hell can’t say it,” while during a 2010 interview, he referred to his character as Ham Yoyo. During another appearance to promote ‘Return Of The Jedi’, he admitted, “Three is enough for me. I was glad to see that costume for the last time.”
>>
>>80392305
Yeah, the soccer moms really have invaded this place.
>Oh no, I can't believe he's being so mean to the director
Who gives a fuck, bitch? Back to tumblr with you.
>>
>>80392970
>Stars Wars
>>
>>80392970

Why does he hate Han Solo so much?

I wonder if he feels the same about Indy
>>
>>80385456
fuck this guy is great
>>
>>80393070
I think he loves Indy actually. He wanted to do a fifth one even recently I think
>>
>>80393084
The end is perfect
>...FOR THEM! LMAO
kek
>>
>>80392970
true what he says about lucas, he can't write for shit
>>
>>80392970
>>80393148

Ford can't act for shit either too, a match made in heaven
>>
>>80390854
base Morpheus
>>
>>80389721
What the fuck that doesn't sound like Bruce Willis.

Does he always fake a voice/accent in his roles?
>>
>>80392970
There's a scene in Empire I believe where he's has to say May the force be with You and you can tell be barely hides his contempt.
>>
>>80393305
Never mind, I'm a fucking retard.
>>
>>80391740
Gary Oldman did the same thing. Had to apologize to the jews to save his career
>>
>>80388945
>I got reinvigorated after the failure of After Earth.
So reinvigorated he went on to make Concussion, Suicide Squad and fucking Collateral Beauty.
>>
>>80385456
he has the gift of carefree bantz, no wonder Trump cares about him so much
>>
>>80385456
>calling out the director like that

Holy fucking shit I never heard that before.
>>
>>80385456
I've always heard he hates twilight but i never saw the interviews, that shit is great.

>you're in love with someone who's killed tons of people and says to you "i want to kill you everyday" but you don't care, something a bit wrong with you
>shit talks the book writer saying she had a fevered dream and wanted to self insert herself as bella, who is mentally deranged
>laughs at vampires using google to research vampire babies
Pure gold.
>>
>>80389471
Are you retarded?
>>
>>80389682
ORSON WELLES VOICED UNICRON?

WHAT?
>>
>>80393633
No, you are.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showgirls#Critical_re-evaluation
>>
>>80387013
Me too. I watched the movie several times and had the junior novel and read it like a hundred times in third grade.
>>
>>80393645
HOLY FUCK I CHECKED IMDB AND HE DID. I HAVE NO IDEA BECAUSE HIS VOICE IS SO HEAVILY MODIFIED.

Unicron used to scare the shit out of me as a kid.
>>
>>80390445
But True Detective 2 was kino because it gave us Vinceposting
>>
>>80387013
Box office revenue has little correlation to how much people liked it, because you pay for the movie before you see it.
>>
>>80393741
>word of mouth isn't a thing
>>
>>80390514
The first episode of S1 does indeed suck. But Quentin is a pleb.
>>
>>80391955
I kinda see where you come from, but what exactly are these
> the only good bits of the film are all the things the series got so wrong.
>>
>>80385366
are you new here? the stories Ryan and Patton have told of Blade Trinity are legend
>>
>>80393657
Oh so you are not just retarded but autistic too.
>>
>>80390854
Absolutely correct. Went up a notch in my mind.
>>
>>80392567
You idiot, Iron Man was made before Disney acquired Marvel, then in Iron Man 2 he hated the Dinsey producers so much he dropped the franchise. He's not a great director but don't talk about shit you know nothing about.
>>
>>80389548

lmao, top bants.
>>
>>80390767
If you take each story separate from each other , ignore the subplot of the brothers looking for a hidden website, they are each pretty good.

The Emma Stone is pretty funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK9xykZYJW4
>>
>>80394025
He hated Disney so much he went on to do The Jungle Book and The Lion King with them apparently.

If you think Jon Favreau is a good director, you are the problem with /tv/.
>>
>>80394127
>implying those standalone films based on popular IPs have the same Disney oversight as their precious MCU
>>
>>80384232
>Shia's pedo father pimped him out to Spielberg
>>
>>80393645
orson welles was unicron, leonard nimoy was galvatron
>>
>>80393868
I know its more of a niggle than anything but the first thing that springs to mind is how his vision is represented. I personnally liked how in the film his sight looked like echo location and how it showed sounds actually bouncing off objects to help him build a picture in his mind instead of the series having him basically not blind at all. I know you have to take Daredevil with a grain of salt over his blindness but I thought the film did a much better job of showing how his powers work in relation to his blindness where the series really weirdly switched between Cox's amazing portrayal of a blind man to a superhero who isn't remotely blind at all and has really good hearing.
>>
>>80394223
All major Disney films have the same kind of oversight anon, don't be wilfully ignorant. You're still splitting hairs, though. Even if Favreau didn't get along with his Disney overlords (which is a very suspect claim) he's still one of the blandest directors in the industry.
>>
>>80383602
Why would an awesome actress like Amy Adams do something like this?

When talented people do movies like this is it due to owed favours to producers, writers and directors for shit?
>>
>>80394331
Why did she do those fucking awful DC movies? No one knows
>>
>>80394331
yeah its either that, money, or just plain old bad taste.

altho production issues can also ruin good scripts
>>
>>80384962
Wasn't Salvation also the movie where Bale famously threw a bitch fit about a stage hand doing something and distracting him?
>>
I've seen Leap Year 9 times, AMA
>>
>>80387013
>>80393683
You have to admit that it's inferior to the first one though, which is what he said.
>>
>>80394569
Yeah.

YOU WANT ME TO TRASH YOUR FUCKING LIGHTS?
>>
>>80384584
>Studios are with 3 weeks to plan and create the outline, story and script for something for which $200 million is going to be spent

This is why movies are so shit. They seriously don't care. They expect that just because it's part of a franchise or known IP they can just slap it together and release it even if it's an absolute piece of shit.

Worst part is, they're right to an extent. That fucking turd made $830 million.

People really have no right to complain about Hollywood movie quality if they continue to go see them. What is wrong with people?
>>
>>80394585
why?
>>
>>80389548
>>The worst film I’ve ever made by far… maybe one of the worst films in the entire solar system, including alien productions we’ve never seen… a flatworm could write a better script then STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT. In some countries – China, I believe – running STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT once a week on government television has lowered the birth rate to zero. If they ran it twice a week, I believe in twenty years China would be extinct.

Those are some solid bantz
>>
>>80393497
sure lol. that apology was so heartfelt
>>
>>80394288
and i can do soundwave
>>
File: eddie-murphy-raw.jpg (22KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
eddie-murphy-raw.jpg
22KB, 680x478px
>>80389548
>I don't want to ruin in for you......but Rocky wins
>>
>>80383748
id honestly rather they come out and admit it then lie and act like everything they do is great. everyone does a job they dont like once in a while. it makes me respect them a little
>>
>>80392056
If they were honest then they shouldn't have taken the role. Cashing a check and then turning around and knocking the film is low down.
>>
>>80393955
It's possible that you just have bad taste.
>>
>>80394904
It's their job, man. They took the role because acting is how they pay their fucking bills. Most movies are done for money not making art or whatever ideal you are clinging to. Get a grip.
>>
>>80384761
>character oposes guns in the movie, doesnt even load them
>"yeah but there is still the presence of a scawy gun in the r rated movie so the movie is shit"
why are actors such cucks
>>
>>80394975
You can't have it both ways. If it's just a job then it's unprofessional to trash the movie after making it.
>>
>>80395051
I trash my old jobs and projects all the time.
>>
>>80388945
>All I have to do is make sure that no one's ever better than me and I'll have the love that my heart yearns for

And then he comes back and does Focus, which he went to shill on Top Gear and got beaten by Margot Robbie by 0.1 seconds.
>>
>>80391537
Motherfucker got the assumed details of a then-classified nuclear sub so correct that the DoD paid him a visit to investigate if he was a foreign spy.
>>
>>80395051
>>80395062
I work in crew, and while your cv is important, a huge majority of people get their next job by word of mouth.
Acting (from what I've observed and heard) is the same up until you become a draw, in which case the possibility of a mouthy public speaker is completely cast aside for the prestige or bank you bring.
The only thing actors have to worry about with public statements after that is if they slag off the top-tier movers. Unprofessional, insulting and illegal behaviour on set is regularly ignored or swept under the rug; impolite comments after a work is released are ignored (esp as they are usually not too far off the major perception). Just don't stick a knife into the major producers or casters.
>>
>>80395230
oh no, whatever will we do if these talentless fuckers can no longer rely on nepotism
>>
>>80395320
yeah. It's just unfortunately the case, it's one of those industries where you're hired based on who vouches for you plus is the perceived worth your presence brings work out greater than the negatives of having you attached.
The whole thing works like that beyond entry-level, for pretty much every department.
>>
>>80384873
Kek @mark choosing the part based on the intelligence of the character
>>
>>80383748
have you ever complained about your job before?

have you ever been employed before?
>>
>>80389618
This is a 1st class post and y'all niggers better recognise
>>
>>80395523

Yeah, of course. And if I were a part of a shitty movie, I'd complain to a bunch of people. I wouldn't open up to journalists about it, though. It's not like the random girl from Access Hollywood is a chum who needs to hear the unbridled truth. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
>>
>>80394948
Is this reverse day? Than I guess by all means you are a certified patrician and not at all an autistic contrarian.
>>
>>80394025
>>80394127
>>80394223
>>80394330

You faggots keep blaming Disney when the root of all the strife and shit creative decisions and low-balling of actors in Marvel up till Civil War came from Ike Perlmutter
>>
>>80395835
lol I'm sure that Jacques Rivette, Eric Rohmer, Jim Jarmusch, Jonathan Rosenbaum and all the other critics and industry figures that love Showgirls are just being contrarian too, right?
>>
>>80384292

I read Cusack was embarrassed because it made him seem dumb but it was one of his first big roles and i think he was too young to separate the role and himself.

>I wonder how he feels about One Crazy Summer.
>>
>>80395922
Are you this dense? The point is that you are calling the actor pleb for not liking a movie that is considered by most people to be one of the worst movies ever. And when have artists not had edgy or contrarian opinions? You on the other hand, are just a contrarian autist, who will pretend to like even the filthiest dogshit just to seem unique and patrician. Protip: you look like a tryhard nigger.
>>
>>80387709
Why did both Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey play their characters like The Joker?

By the way, everyone on Batman Forever hated working with everyone else. It was a gigantic disaster.
>>
>>80385837
My dick is diamonds man
>>
>>80387522
I hate Deadpool, but I gotta respect this nigga's integrity. Ryan Reynolds is a talented dude.

>>80387156
I've never heard a single fucking celebrity mention their work on this piece of shit, including Elizabeth Banks, who directed one of the segments.

>>80386497
There's also a quote of him saying "is all I'm doing is making these big budget silence spectacle pictures? I want to make movies with some talking that are about something"
>>
>>80396171
I was obviously taking the piss when I called Kyle Maclachlan a pleb. It's not surprising that he doesn't have good feelings towards the film when it and The Flintstones basically tanked his Hollywood career. Showgirls was mostly misunderstood by American audiences who derided the film for not being what they wanted it to be. It was well received in Europe, especially France and has since enjoyed a level of critical reevaulation in the states. You're an ignorant moron for dismissing the opinions of actual filmmakers and film theorists as retarded edgy contrarianism instead of actually engaging with their analysis of the film.
>>
>>80384108
>>80385107
>>80392379
It's a pretty funny movie. It's a comic book movie like the wacky batman comic books from the 1950s, or the 1960s tv show.

I like it.
>>
>>80385456
And he's friends with Death Grips. Pattinson is based.
>>
>>80396795
dropped
>>
>>80385313
>>80385372
Fucking GOAT. Snipes refusing to open his eyes is the icing on the cake
>>
>>80385837
>buff Biel

hhhhhnnnnngggg
>>
>>80396795
You had to ruin it. Fuck off /mu. Nobody likes you.
>>
>>80396358
>I've never heard a single fucking celebrity mention their work on this piece of shit, including Elizabeth Banks, who directed one of the segments.
Exactly. It's like the movie never actually existed.
>>
>>80390767
>>80394087
It's mostly "hahaha poop XD" humor. It's godawful.
>>
>>80388004
True
>>
>>80387522
>>80387899
Ryan Reynolds is pretty based desu. Seems pretty honest.
>>
>>80396259
>By the way, everyone on Batman Forever hated working with everyone else. It was a gigantic disaster.

Got any more stories about it?
>>
>>80397608
Not that guy, but everyone who's ever worked with Val Kilmer says he's an asshole, so I imagine much of it had to do with him.
>>
>>80390403
lol
>>
>>80393326
It's in a New Hope, I always thought that note of patronizing humor yet affection was what made the line. It's how Han would have talked to Luke.
>>
>>80389721
>how hard can it be?

my sides
>>
>>80389721
What are some other commentaries where the actors just rip on the film?
>>
>>80395862
Dr. Strange was done without Ike Perlmutter and it's the same old bland shit.
>>
>>80398177
I don't know about actors but I do know that one of the Final Ultimate Super editions of The Matrix Trilogy had commentary by critics who hated the films.
>>
>>80393866
No it doesn't
>>
>>80394331
Money.
>>
File: movieposter.jpg (35KB, 279x402px) Image search: [Google]
movieposter.jpg
35KB, 279x402px
>>80397711
>Not that guy, but everyone who's ever worked with Val Kilmer says he's an asshole, so I imagine much of it had to do with him.

Watch this for some insane Kilmer stories.
>>
>>80391191
Based Verhoeven.
>>
>>80393326
Can't believe I never really noticed that, in the way he says it. You guys are totally right though kek
>>
>>80390640

Ed Norton quit for the same reasons right?
>>
>>80399126
Yes. Pretty much everyone who's worked with Marvel once and wanted out did it for basically those same reasons, from Hugo Weaving to Patty Jenkins. Edgar Wright is probably the most famous case, though.
>>
>>80390558
pizzas fault for not realizing he couldn't plagiarize well enough on such short notice
>>
>>80389241
are you retarded?

go tell your boss you fucking hate your job and see what happens
>>
>>80391740
Great thread, anon. Thank you
>>
>>80385456
Didn't he and Kristen get along?
>>
>>80385372
I really miss this Patton Oswalt. You know, the one who was a good standup with amusing anecdotes who didn't spend his waking hours raging against the President and the world.
>>
>>80398766
Will do, thanks
>>
>>80385456
>It's a little bittersweet isn't it?
>FOR THEM!!!

This man knows the fucking business.
>>
>>80385456
this is fantastic
>>
>>80397005
>>80397116
Plebs.
>>
File: hejustdidn't.gif (155KB, 199x197px) Image search: [Google]
hejustdidn't.gif
155KB, 199x197px
>>80385313
>>80385372
>>
Kek so much shilling for ryan reynolds in this thread when literally everything deadpool said was fresh out of 9gag. You retards should get some taste
>>
>>80384761
says the degenerate that has aids.
>>
>>80393717
u fucking cuck
>>
>>80391740
What was that saying?
To see who's really in charge, look for who you're not allowed to criticise?
>>
>>80385372
thats the guy who murdered his wife, right?
>>
>>80399762
well this place is already 9gag tier so jokes on you
>>
>>80399295
I think they dated. And they both hated Twilight.
>>
>>80390854
>And the whole thing with Martha Kent and Martha Wayne? I don’t know, man, I must be sentimental but that’s some heartwarming [stuff] to me. So I don’t get it.”

Morpheus confirmed to no be an autistic weirdo that hates his mother.
>>
>>80398177
I dunno, but there's more gold in that commentary. At one point Ben recounts an argument he had with Bay about how Bay was mad that they never taught him to to anti-gravity flips in acting school and he talks about how Bay would constantly threaten to cut his entire role throughout filming, it's pretty hilarious.
>>
>>80388648
>memepool
deadpool was as good as a deadpool ever could've been. in fact it was better than it had any right to be.

>>80390488
this is just plain wrong
>>
>>80400020
basically what he's saying is that he doesn't get why the Jews, who run hollywood, never allow jokes about Jewish stereotypes even though they will happily trot out sterotypes of everyone else.

He says both at the start and the finish that he seems to think well of them, but the moment he laments their inability to be the brunt of a joke Larry King jumps straight to the ANTISEMITE.
>>
>>80400888

Trips of truth. Deadpool isn't meant to be some fucking masterpiece of cinema. It's just a flick. Turn your brain off and be entertained for a little bit, then go "goddamn, that was a stupid movie".
>>
>>80387013

Lost World gets a mind boggling amount of hate for some reason. It's not perfect but it's definitely not Batman and Robin like some people treat it.
>>
>>80392271
My God, RDJ can't act for shit
>>
>>80387156
I actually found this to be really funny, stupid but funny. Especially the whole Home School segmet with Naomi Watts making out with her son
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=76PFaGqG87M
>>
>>80400932
He absolutely DOES get why they do it.
>>
>>80384232

This is some pseudointellectual drek though. Shia was not that young and naive when he did Crystal Skull, and his cynical whining that his 'heroes' are human reeks with the same inarticulate self-importance as his other 'postmodern' art pieces.
>>
>>80385456
> mad bantz with Aussie Journo
Based
>>
>>80387522
>all shitty writing is because of le strike! pay us ot suffer the consequences!

lmao they're worse than jews
>>
>>80405552
I see this excuse bandied about all the time. Even when it's not even close to 2007.
>>
>>80388945

More theatrics from Will Smith. It's good that he has a routine for coping with failure and can meditate on it but it's pretty facetious to act like you've transformed into a hero for love and beauty after strongarming the industry into making a terrible film for your kid that he didn't want to do and wasn't ready for.
>>
>>80383602
my mom watches this movie at least once a week
>>
>>80405583
Most of the shit coming out in 09 would have been affected by the strike. Anything afterwards though is probably bullshit
>>
>>80390195
>the whole point of stealth phil...
Fucking based
>>
>>80405247
He would've been like 19-20 when it was being filmed
>>
>>80394904
It's only a problem if they do it while the movie is in theaters or still making a profit. If they mock the film a bit a few years later though, it's ok. Lots of actors will make fun of shit they made years after the fact.
>>
>>80390195
Tom had nothing to do with the making of the movie, he just wrote the original book. They included him on the audio commentary for shits and giggles.
>>
“A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere or everywhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it is mentioned. Twenty years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The bad penny first dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boys eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guess that one day they would explode.

‘I would love for you to do something for me,’ I said.

“Anything! Anything!’ the boy said rapturously.

‘You won’t like what I’m going to ask you to do.’ I said.

‘Anything, sir, anything!’

‘Well,’ I said, ‘do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?’

He bursts into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. ‘What a dreadful thing to say to a child!’ she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities.”

He made that last part up, apparently.
>>
>>80406008

The Kid thanked him as an adult for saying that
>>
>>80388049
It's funny imagining Bronson become more and more dissatisfied with Death Wish as they kept making more movies. He seemed to sincerely like the first one for being a legitimate look at violence and crime.
>>
File: 1488884254280.jpg (80KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
1488884254280.jpg
80KB, 500x747px
>>80388337
I wonder if it's any consolation to Boorman that Armond White appreciated exactly what he was trying to do and considers Exorcist 2 to be a good movie.
>>
>>80393070
because han solo sucks
>>
>>80394651

This is why im not giving these fucking whores my money, they are feeding us bullshit and they want to ppl pay for it and be happy
>>
>>80402745
If it's supposed to be a comedy shouldn't it have jokes though, last time I checked just saying cock or fuck doesn't count as a punchline. There was exactly one hole that landed in the film, the "Which one, Mcavoy or Stewart" and even that was mostly non contextual 4th wall breaking reference humor straight out of family guy.
The action set pieces were unimaginative bland grey looking garbage with the action itself being mediocre at best and elevated by cartoon like violence.
Its not even worth talking plot because you've already seen the generic "you experimented on me and now I will have my revenge" plotline 10000 times before so it's not like I'll have anything new to say about it.
Being genorious I would say it's a 4/10 flick and that's only if you like cartoonishly violent action scenes and then I would recommend you watch something like Machette Kills instead.
>>
>>80389978
lmao is this laila nabulsi with hunter? I've never heard this before, must be some top bantz in there
>>
>>80384873
>[Amy Adams]
can someone tell me what this means?
like with the brackets.

i've seen it a million times.

why is her name in brackets and not just "I was such a huge fan of Amy Adams"
>>
>>80406809
I think it means he was referring to Amy Adams but didn't actually say Amy Adams.
>>
>>80383602
That's funny, the location was the main reason I watched it and clearly the best part of it.
>>
>>80406868
ohhh. i get it. Christ it makes a lot of sense now.
>>
>>80406809
Because Marky Mark actually said something along the lines of
>I was such a huge fan of her.
But when it comes to the article, just saying "I was such a huge fan of her" doesn't tell the reader who the "her" is. So the writer changes that for her name. [] is generally replacing a generic pronoun
>>
>>80384802
>Still didn't stop him from signing a contract to all five movies though.

No shit he didn't turn down a millionaire's life. It's not like he hated shooting the movies, either. He had fun doing some stupid movies that made him rich AND made girls everywhere masturbate over him. He lived the fucking dream.
>>
>>80405247

I cut Shia a lot of slack. His parents were drugged up hippies who told him constantly growing up that he was going to be a star and support the family, and that one day he was going to meet Spielberg and Spielberg would love him and make him a top movie star. Then they had him working tv roles and being the sole breadwinner of the family. He "rebelled" by getting a house in the suburbs and driving a regular car as a 20 year old. He's not a serious person, but the dude earned his crazy.
>>
>>80393645
And the number of people that did not know this just halved.
>>
>>80389548
So is it true that Arnie tricked Stallone into doing Stop or My Mom Will Shoot by pretending he was after the role, making Stallone take it just to "win" over Arnie? I've heard it tons of times but never saw an actual quote from either of them that sounded true.
>>
>>80396795

SAVE ME MR GRIPS
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.