[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will he ever come back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: rick.jpg (76KB, 720x468px) Image search: [Google]
rick.jpg
76KB, 720x468px
will he ever come back?
>>
>>80381175
who's Rick Moranis?
>>
>>80381175
I think he would have if the real Ghostbuster sequel had come together, but I doubt he'll make a leap back into comedy. Maybe if Mel Brooks does another movie, though that's highly unlikely.

At least he got out on top and didn't become a joke.
>>
>>80381175
He's dead
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/rick-moranis-died.30272/
>>
>>80381175
His pussy whipped friends won't let him
>>
File: 1450382046299.png (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1450382046299.png
29KB, 400x400px
>>80381175
>Moranis took a hiatus from working in the film industry in 1997 after the death of his wife Ann from breast cancer in 1991. He later explained that he began to pull out of making movies in about 1996 or 1997. "I'm a single parent and I just found that it was too difficult to manage raising my kids and doing the traveling involved in making movies. So I took a little bit of a break. And the little bit of a break turned into a longer break, and then I found that I really didn't miss it."[16] After having declined an invitation to do a cameo appearance in 2016's Ghostbusters reboot, Moranis clarified in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that he had not, in fact, retired from film acting, but instead had become selective about future roles, or as he put it, "picky".
>>
John Oliver killed him.
>>
>>80381175
He's said he would for the right project.

He just found that, after he dropped out long ago to raise his kids (after his wife died), he didn't really miss acting.

He has enough money to just do what he wants... which is make goofy jewey songs for his own amusement, and a few other people want to buy.

Seems comfy. I do miss his presence in comedies, though.
>>
>>80381175
Only Mel Brooks could bring him back.
>>
>>80382798
Mel needs to make one more movie before he's gone. Write, direct, and produce it. I checked his IMDB and his latest project is some fucking cartoon
>>
He has done a lot of work as John Stagliano.
>>
>>80382827
The comedic timing of his movies doesn't resonate with modern audiences very well, unfortunately. It works great for the stage, though. People can enjoy older ones, since they're able to keep in mind the timeframe it was created, but would likely hate it now.

Also, while he didn't do exclusively parodies, he likely wouldn't be able to do a new parody. The Scary/Epic/Superhero spoof movies pretty much killed the genre.

The closest "Mel Brooks"-type humor we've seen in recent times was in Django Unchained, with the racists arguing over wearing the hoods. So maybe it's not too late for that kind of humor, who knows.
>>
>>80381175
I hope not.

Rick "retired" at the absolute top of his game. So he'll always be remembered for kino movies like Spaceballs, Ghostbusters, Honey I Shrunk etc and Little Shop of Horrors. Kino.

Imagine if De Nero had quit the biz before he went "comedy." He'd be seen as an auteur instead of autist.

Nah, Rick got out at the right time. Most actors end up watching their reputations going to shit in dogshit movies.

Not everyone can be Clint Eastwood.
>>
>>80382443

He dug his own grave with that comment.

To say you are that 'picky', if he turned up in a Jack & Jill 2 it would be just too insulting.
>>
>>80383361
I doubt Rick Morranis would give too much a shit if idiots in the media wanted to pick apart his comments at some later time.
>>
>>80381175
>GOD DAMN YOU HALF JAPANESE GIRLS
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>80383537
Some of them are very appealing
>>
Would he come back for a Little Shop of Horrors remake?
>>
>>80383288
Clint Eastwood is a living miracle
>>
>>80381175
Little Shop of Horrors remake
>>
>>80381175
>jewish
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>80383580
>>80383653
it doesn't need a remake but a sequel could be nice
>>
>>80383288
I agree. Loved his movies as a kid.
>>
>>80383990
>mfw years later after rewatching Little Shop of Horrors again I noticed Rochele, Chris's mother from Everybody Hates Chris is one of the singers.
>ans has an epic voice

Wow.
>>
>>80384246
i'd say get rick, the singers, steve martin, john goodman for john candy's replacement (RIP), and as many of the others as possible. new music, new story, do whatever the fuck they want. it'd be fun even if it didn't do well. i'd just like to see that cast together again
>>
>>80384412
forgot bill murray
>>
File: morrissey b&w.jpg (26KB, 496x279px) Image search: [Google]
morrissey b&w.jpg
26KB, 496x279px
>>80382323
Why did you link to a Morrissey fansite?
>>
File: tmp_4994-QOEje5G159735266.gif (388KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4994-QOEje5G159735266.gif
388KB, 500x260px
>>80384412
Sadly current year gender politics would ruin any sequel or remake.

Still, we'll always have the original.
>>
>>80384566
You mean the remake of the original? That's why a remake starring Moranis doesn't make sense because he was already in the first remake
>>
File: 1487630413300.jpg (51KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
1487630413300.jpg
51KB, 415x392px
>>80384455
>there are Morrissey fansites
>>
File: Morrissey.jpg (21KB, 474x594px) Image search: [Google]
Morrissey.jpg
21KB, 474x594px
>>80384660
Better than that. Morrissey openly despises that particular fansite, and has tried to shut them down.
>>
>>80384566
>Sadly current year gender politics would ruin any sequel or remake.
what
how
>>
File: Tourettes-Guy1.jpg (79KB, 479x350px) Image search: [Google]
Tourettes-Guy1.jpg
79KB, 479x350px
I don’t even know who the fuck that is, but fuck him too!!! Fuck him hard! I hope the next movie he’s in, he gets blown up into a million pieces! There would be Rick Moranis shit everywhere!

Fuck you Rick Moranis! Fuck you and your pussy whipped friends! 4 eyes!
>>
FUCK HIM AND HIS PUSSY WHIPPED FRIENDS
>>
>>80384716
The more you ignore him, the closer he gets. You're wasting your time.
>>
>>80382443
his kids are like 30, fuck him he's ust alzy
>>
>>80384723
There's no fucking way they'd allow the sadist dentist to keep beating the shit out of Audrey, even if he does asphyxiate himself.

All-white main cast? Please.

Woman simply wanting idilic 50s house and family? Femmies on suicide watch.

It goes on.
>>
>>80381175
He'll be back in Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money.
>>
>>80381175
If he has half a brain cell he'll never return to that cesspool that is Hollywod.

He's done everything right.
>>
>>80381175
>>
>>80385031

sad but true
>>
>>80385031
>All-white main cast? Please.
Levi Stubbs was Audrey II.
And having some of the human cast be non-white outside of the chorus wouldn't ruin the movie.
>There's no fucking way they'd allow the sadist dentist to keep beating the shit out of Audrey, even if he does asphyxiate himself.
As long as it wasn't played for laughs like in the original movie, it could still work.
>Woman simply wanting idilic 50s house and family? Femmies on suicide watch.
I can't refute that. Audrey is a very dumb and subservient character.
>>
>>80382827
It'd probably turn out really shitty like his animated show
>>
>>80385088
I hope so it would be a decent send off for a pretty gud career so long as Mel Brooks and Bill Pullman return too
>>
>>80385681
How the fuck would you parody Star Wars today when Lucas and J.J. already beat you to the punch?
>>
>>80385741
you underestimate based MEL

>non-binary gender fluid main character
>gets told to fuck off and nut up and shut up by a grizzled lone star
>Mel Brooks is supreme leader Snark with a heavy Jew accent telling Dark Helmet the empire is falling in ratings and needs to be more PC
>Empire is filled with an army of fembots to be seen as more progressive
>rick moranis is flanked by 2 six foot tall DD created blonde models everywhere he goes
>the black side kick gets killed
>hero learns to man up and save the day

shit would be glorious
>>
>>80385526
"Could work" and "allowed" are different concepts. It's not a question of would audiences like it, but would the PC lobby let it get through in the first place.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.