[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Avengers box office surge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: avengers surge.png (108KB, 673x656px) Image search: [Google]
avengers surge.png
108KB, 673x656px
What is the cause of this? How could the box office revenue increase by over 1500% 3 months after the movie was released?
>>
disney sent a bunch of paki's to go watch it
>>
I guess it's because it re-opened in 1500 theatres, but why would they do that?
>>
>>80378933
look at the Theaters/Change column you dipshit
>>
Oh shit, it might be international markets getting the film later
>>
>>80378973
because people still wanted to see but a lot of theaters had stopped showing
>>
>>80378933
I'm pretty sure Marvel inflates their numbers, this very same thing happened to Civil War when they were at 800 mil, it jumped to 1 billion on a Sunday
>>
>>80378973
http://movieweb.com/marvels-the-avengers-returns-to-theaters-august-31st-with-the-promise-of-new-footage/

>it's an OP can't use google thread
>>
>>80378973
second run
>>
Jewish accounting.
>>
>>80379013
>it's fine when Marvel does it
>but when WB releases extended editions on home video OMGGGGG
>>
>>80378933

>its a Marvel-drone-doesnt-understand-cinema-episode

Shocker
>>
>>80379046
>talking about theatrical BO
>"but when WB releases extended editions on home video"
I think you may have played yourself, homeboy
>>
>>80379013
>new footage
>post credits scene of them eating a kebab
I bet you marvelshits ate it on toast
>>
>>80379013
That's the cheapest gimmick i've ever heard of. They keep footage out of the original so they can re-release the movie a few months later with it.
>>
>>80379013
I noticed it, to a lesser extent, on other big movies. Is it just that they often do second runs on labor day weekend?
>>
>>80379013
>He thinks that numbers aren't independently tracked by third parties
>>
>>80379075
>releasing an extended cut on theaters to boost box office isn't worse than releasing extended footage for people who buy the bluray
>>
>>80379122
It isn't any worse. You don't have to go watch the movie again just to see 10 minutes extra pointless scenes. Just like you don't have to buy the blu-ray (which costs more) to see those scenes.
>>
>>80378960

>a company paid itself money so there could be one very obvious data blip and to be not #1 on some internet net site's top grossing list.

Woah. So this is the power of a best makeup Oscar.
>>
>>80379122

Buying the blu-ray would be more expensive to the consumer though so they're actually costing themselves money. Unless you live in some weird country/state where blu-rays are cheaper than movie tickets.
>>
>>80378933

What is the labor day holiday for 600$, Alex?
>>
>>80379013

This never happened. It wasnt even a re-release as it never left theatres. It was merely a re-expansion for the labor day holiday.
>>
I'm always saddened by any box office thread on /tv/ as its quite clear the majority of you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>80379844
Would you mind explaining this phenomenon to us plebians?
>>
>>80379844

This board Is full of literal retards
>>
>>80379925
The world is full of literal retards. /tv/ only represents a small part of it.
>>
>>80379122
Well for one it costs less. And two people saw The Avengers several times in theaters; getting a screening with an extra ten minutes for the same cost sounds like a perk, not a negative.
>>
>>80379888

How about the fact that idiots are discussing a extended cut release of The Avengers that NEVER happened?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.