[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who killed his wife? Was Sammy jakins really himself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Memento_poster.jpg (29KB, 268x394px) Image search: [Google]
Memento_poster.jpg
29KB, 268x394px
Who killed his wife? Was Sammy jakins really himself?
>>
>>80374137
>In an interview with Chuck Stephens for Filmmaker in 2001 Nolan also stated:

>The most interesting part of that for me is that audiences seem very unwilling to believe the stuff that Teddy [Pantoliano] says at the end and yet why? I think its because people have spent the entire film looking at Leonard's photograph of Teddy, with the caption: "Don't believe his lies." That image really stays in people's heads, and they still prefer to trust that image even after we make it very clear that Leonard's visual recollection is completely questionable. It was quite surprising, and it wasn't planned. What was always planned was that we don't ever step completely outside Leonard's head, and that we keep the audience in that interpretive mode of trying to analyze what they want to believe or not. For me, the crux of the movie is that the one guy who might actually be the authority on the truth of what happened is played by Joe Pantoliano ... who is so untrustworthy, especially given the baggage he carries in from his other movies: he's already seen by audiences as this character actor who's always unreliable. I find it very frightening, really, the level of uncertainty and malevolence Joe brings to the film
>>
>>80374137
i think so.
>>
If he was really a cop, why did he keep trying to steal Leonard's car?
>>
Are we just going to ignore the glaring plot hole that if he fabricated most of the Sammy story, then he shouldn't have such a consistent recollection of his condition?
>>
>>80374468

Like Sammy, his mental condition is psychological rather than neurological

He is physically capable of forming memories and recalling them. His condition is selective and treatable
>>
>>80374468
he worked as an investigator with people who lost the physical ability to form memories, and when he lost his mind he picked the one condition he knew most about and faked having it. his wife knew this and killed herself, with his help, trying to provoke him to snap out of it.
he makes up a story about murder and brain injury and goes with it.
cop figures out what he has and uses his grudge to kill people for his financial benefit.
this makes sense to me.
>>
>>80374137
Didn't he overdose her unknowingly. Once she was gone it fucked with his memory loss and he started creating new scenarios evey day.
>>
Sammy is Lenny
>>
>>80374701
So he's just batshit insane, pretty much? I don't like that theory.
>>
>>80374915
that's my Memento. the one i enjoy the most. feel free to have your own
>>
According to IMDB

Who killed Leonard's wife?
>This is a difficult question to answer, since we are not even sure of all the facts. She could have died in the attack, though it is also possible there was not an attack or that Leonard does not even have a wife. It is all a matter of what one takes as fact and what one concludes from that fact. There is also the exposition which indicates (and can be supported via the character's actions at the end) that Leonard's wife died from an insulin overdose. She survived the attack/rape and went on living her life, however, she could not deal with her husband's (Leonard's) condition. She wanted to kill herself and she used Leonard as a proxy. She set Leonard up to give her multiple shots, and died from the overdose. Even though it was a "suicide by proxy", both Teddy and Leonard believe that death was a result of the attack and thus the 2nd attacker is still culpable for her death.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.