[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did /tv/ think of The Mentalist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: Patrick_Jane.jpg (13KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick_Jane.jpg
13KB, 240x300px
what did /tv/ think of The Mentalist?
>>
>>80371297
pretty good
it supposedly went to shit the season after he took out red jogn
i heard that faggot started shoehorning his own political beliefs into the show
>>
Psych was better.
>>
>>80371409
Yes it was so fucking werird, stopped watching after that. Also red john was kind of a let down
>>
>>80371297
I enjoyed it, very comfy
They went on longer than they should have though

>>80371437
Every time someone mentions Mentalist I see posts about Psych, but I honestly always thought it was really bad and don't get why people like it
Is it for black people or something?
>>
>>80371512
Psych is funny, but The Mentalist was always better. Just had more flesh and better developed characters
>>
File: Psych148.jpg (24KB, 495x330px) Image search: [Google]
Psych148.jpg
24KB, 495x330px
>>80371512
>>
I didn't like the reveal to be honest
>>
>>80371297
i liked it the stuff with "not-Scientology" church was awesome

i still remember the scene where he blow up a bag in his hand loudly and noticed the undercover cop there in like 5 second

those kinda scane is pretty clever to write, to make me remember them is by itself an achievement
>>
If the show ended at the end of season 3 with Bradley Whitford being red john, it would have been great imo.

Was a good episode, good build up, the meeting was super intense and emotional. The jane just gunning him down in public, getting a cup of tea, and just chilling as the cops came for him was a good way to end it.
>>
>>80371297

Biggest chins in business
>>
>>80371584
It definitely was a high point, but I would've died if they didnt follow it up. It's one of the times where I was glad that I could binge watch it and dont have to wait for a new season.
>>
Jane was a great main character, the episodes were fun

the Red john reveal was shit, other wise the show was comfy as fuck
>>
File: 32455.jpg (25KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
32455.jpg
25KB, 450x300px
this guy would have been a way better Red John than the Sheriff. They should have let the Red John storyline go after this.
>>
I had no idea The Mentalist and Rigsby was from england
>>
File: large[1].jpg (27KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
27KB, 500x341px
>that final episode where Jane gets arrested and Kevin Spacey and the dwarf from Always Sunny coerce him into doing gay stuff but he ends up getting fucking murdered in some motel

that took a turn
>>
>>80371297
Jaime Oliver is a terrible chef.
>>
File: 5.jpg (189KB, 1348x899px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
189KB, 1348x899px
My fav procedural. It was like House M.D - Cop edition. Van Pelt was my waifu
>>
>>80371297
amanda righetti frustrates me sexually to a very high degree
Ive never wanted a fridge so bad
>>
>>80372068
Mentalist is Australian I think

>>80372235
>>80372241
I liked how she became more and more thiqq as the show went on
>>
>>80372235
>>80372241
>>80372256
bet you guys loved the foot fetish episode
>>
The episodes with Morena Baccarin was blueballs kino, Simon Baker can be very charming.
>>
Asian dude was based

I didn't like it as much when they moved to Texas but it was pretty kino still. When he ran off to live in Mexico etc.
>>
they killed the fat guy for no reason
>>
>>80371812

I always suspected the cult leader to be red john desu or at least to work with red john
>>
>>80371297
Strawberries and Cream would've been a GOAT series finale.

I'm still mad they copped out. Fuck you Bruno.
>>
>>80371812
Wait, that's not Red John? I stopped watching after this.
>>
>>80371297
that bitch in it 10/10 idk why isn't she in more movies/shows

also would be nice such skills what Jane has (wtf has he a girlname?)
>>
>>80371297
Was he supposed to be unlikeable in every way?
>>
>>80372256
She was pregnant at one point, and the show tried to hide it by her taking a computer course and ALWAYS being behind a desk or something. It was amusing to watch, since it became obvious after awhile
>>
Simon Baker is a hard 10/10, I liked when he flirted with women.

Not even gay.
>>
This thread is proof stockholm syndrome is real.

Show was hot garbage, but they made enough of it to condition you to like it.
>>
File: 1743153.jpg (31KB, 620x200px) Image search: [Google]
1743153.jpg
31KB, 620x200px
How did Mentalist do in terms of ratings?

I thought they got the finale right at least. A regular episode that wrapped everything up.
That's how it's done. Not saving every fucking thing for the last fucking episode cramming years of character development and happenings into one rushed episode.

I thought the Red John reveal was a bit anti-climactic. It would've been better if it was Malcom Mcdowell because it made more sense. He was supremely connected, influential, smart, rich and borderline supernatural abilities which Red John displayed on many occasions.
>>
My fav detective show although Red John wasn't handled too well.
>>
The whole show was carried by Patrick Jane.
Based asian cop Cho was based, his interactions with Rigsby where fun at the start, then somewhere became boring. Van Pelt was meh. Rigsby was meh. Teresa qt3.14 best cop, best girl, would totally marry and love was only ok, even though she was best girl (except for Lorelei, but you can't hang on to guest star waifus, you KNOW they gonna leave the show or die). The FBI chick Kim was good in ONE ep, her first. Then she got standard uptight-FBIitis. I didn't understand it.
But no one was on Simon Bakers level

>>80372563
I liked the one episode in Mexico, but after that it became kinda dull. And the timing was odd, since Jane killed Red John mid-season and then the show had this epilogue of sorts. It was annoying as hell that they had another typical clichéd "Cop shows civilian consultant boundaries, civilian consultant breaks boundaries and shows how he operates best when not given any"-shtick every show like this has.
Also that FBI chick Kim was nice in that episode and in it alone. She was laid back undercover chick, trying to probe Jane while he's on his post-murder vacation. Afterwards she got basic "I've got to take control of my wild card consultant, even though I know it won't work"itis.
>>
>>80371297
Should be called The Autist desu
>>
>>80375002
It's called a guilty pleasure, son. I know it was garbo and that it had blatant flaws, but you can still enjoy something like The Mentalist for what it is
>>
>>80375002
>t. Game of Thrones and Walking Dead fan
>>
comfiest cop show ever.
I used to watch it every week with my parents, it was the best of the genre.
Now they watch shit like Scorpion & MacGyver, they get mad because I refuse to sit through it with them
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.