[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with all the quips? Why can't we get a serious JLA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: Justice-League-first-image.jpg (176KB, 1024x540px) Image search: [Google]
Justice-League-first-image.jpg
176KB, 1024x540px
What's with all the quips? Why can't we get a serious JLA?
>>
Because you faggots complained about MoS and BvS being too serious. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>80371118
This. I still have hope that Snyder has put his own personal stamp on the material though.
>>
>>80371051

ever read a superhero comic?
>>
File: me.png (679KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
679KB, 480x650px
>>80371118
yup, just like everybody complaining about Prometheus being too mysterious and about engineers so now the next is just another resurrection shoot em up
>>
>>80371118
Grimdark =/= Serious.
BvS is as non serious as it gets with its nonsensical characters, retarded oneliners, the whole dream sequence charade, the Youtube trailers and having the WW theme start playing every time she shows up. It's just as childish as the Marvel flicks, only it was the kid that sits at the back of the class, wears trenchcoats and collects knives
>>
Because plebs didn't get BvS
>>
>>80371051
>I want a movie about humans, aliens and demigods, (who fly around in flashy costumes, rescuing people from mad scientists) to take itself seriously!
>>
>>80371118

>film is a convoluted mess of baby's first religion philosopy
>some confused look-how-clever-i'am-symbolism (in particular the dore painting)
>"Martha..."
>Lex is an autistic head ledger
>"granny's peach tea"
>batman v superman fight because...reasons
>"Martha..."
>last minute slapped on cgi blob monster
>"Martha", okay we're friends now
>cheap ass unnecessary death scene for emotional exploitation
>"She with you?"
>"I thought she was with you?"

yeah sorry we ruined the movie for you senpai
>>
>>80371293
Case in point>>80371457
>>
>>80371347
>id rather have all of my movies wink and nod at the audience every 5 minutes.
Its ok. Snyderkino might be a little to bigboy for you
>>
>>80371555
I hope they actually go that way with post-resurrection Supes.
>>
>>80371555
>if you don't like DC movies then you like Marvel movies
I wish you retards would fuck off back to /v/ with your console war mindset
>>
>>80371574
What? Sad? Angry? Colorless?

He was that already.
>>
>>80371457
The same Pajeet shitposting the same shit days on end. When does the Disney contract expire?
>>
>>80371597
99% it's the same Marvel payroll Pakis doing the shitposting. It's become routine on /tv/ to the point where it's an concentrated effort to push a narrative.
>>
>>80371051

>WAAAAAAH, BvS is too serious and grimdark!!!!!!!!! Lighten up the mood!!!!!!!!
>WB adjusts
>What the fuck?!?!?! Why are there jokes?!?!??!?!

>>80371118 is 100% on point, you stupid fucks complained and wanted a lighter mood and now that you have it, you complain even more. This was a smart decision on WB's part but only because the crowd it has to please is borderline retarded like half of this board

you sad fucks will never be satisfied with anything

>>80371151

I hope so too. I actually liked the jokes in MoS and BvS which rather came as a surprise. I am only a bit worried about Barry but I love Ezra Miller being Flash so I will try to save my judgment till the movie itself
>>
>>80371648
The same Marvel Pajeets whining about BvS not being as FUN FUN FUN as Marvel are now whining about Justice League having jokes. They're mostly here to push a narrative of DC being bad and you should be a good goy and pay for the next Kevin Feige-produced focus-tested garbage by Marvel.
>>
>>80371597
I like how you generalized my post into Marvel vs Dc.
Marvel fox has done wonders with taking the xmen franchise seriously.
Go fight your dc vs marvel war somewhere else.
>>
>>80371644
Has it never crossed your mind that a movie that a movie that almost nobody liked would be heavily criticized and ridiculed on a discussion board about movies without cooking up some conspiracy theory about paid Indian shills?
>>80371718
Yeah, except Fox actually made some good movies, unlike DC that has only made grimdark turds with shit editing so far
>>
>>80371457

according to that logic, symbolism shouldn't have been used in 99% of movies that had some in them. just because it is more obvious doesn't take the meaning away

>"Martha..."

my only gripe with the movie. switching "Martha" with "mother" would have been fine and it would have had the same effect

>"granny's peach tea"

why do so many people bother with this? is it because "they used piss in a BvS movie!" or is it just because people think Lex' character went overboard? I found it rather morbid in a slightly funny kind of way

>"Martha", okay we're friends now

except that there was no mentioning of them being friends in any way. it's more that they are sudden brothers in arms which I don't expect you to understand since you are probably some neckbeard who has never had any friends

>cheap ass unnecessary death scene for emotional exploitation

what the fuck do you think why people die in movies? 90% of deaths in movies that aren't mass murdering scenes are just for emotional exploitation. that is almost ALWAYS the reason
>>
>>80371737
>a movie that almost nobody liked
There we go. The Marvel Poos literally exposing himself by spouting this corporate smear campaign bullshit. I hope you suffocate on your own feces, Poo.
>>
File: another_day_another_shill.png (855KB, 1914x912px) Image search: [Google]
another_day_another_shill.png
855KB, 1914x912px
>>80371457
Post the pic again bro, you're dying to
>>
>>80371701

I actually prefer DC but still go and see every Marvel movie since I still have some hope that there could be a good one coming up. especially Civil War and Doctor Strange left me thoroughly disappointed and that comes from someone who was a major Iron Man fan in Phase 1. It all just feels so forced and funny at times where there should be actual seriousness.

Call me pathetic but I find "jokes" like Martha telling Batman "I figured. The cape." much more believable and funny than the constant quipping in Marvel's movies. The sole exception I can think of is Ant-Man which was actually funny due to Rudd and Douglas

Are movies in the tone of Iron Man 1 and Incredible Hulk too much to ask for?
>>
>>80371811
Why is this allowed? Why are the mods passive to this? Every fucking day, I see the catalog bombarded with this Marvel Paki propaganda. Every fucking day, for years now. How the fuck has not ONE mod acted? What the fuck will it take?
>>
>>80371737
Grimdark buzzword thrown out twice now in this thread.
You're also contradicting your earlier post when you mocked comic movies for taking themselves seriously.
>>
>>80371829
That's because the jokes in BvS aren't done at the expense of the story but come off as actually fun lines expressed by the character. When all of New York is breaking down in Avengers, the actual Avengers are in good mood throwing jokes and shit at each other as if it was just another day in the park. Completely breaks any sense of immersion because Marvel producers are too insecure to actually invest in a decent story that doesn't interrupt every 20th second.
>>
>>80371832

because Mods are retarded. It doesn't even matter whether you're a Marvel or DC fan. company wars are bullshit

I like to discuss both and even if I dislike something, one can argue normally instead of shitposting

the mods don't know how to moderate this board for shit. every single bait thread, be it DC or Marvel, should be deleted instantly
>>
>>80371832
I literally don't know. Every day at any given hour there are at least 3 or 4 shill threads. Be it giving DC (or Warner in general) shit or praising objective turds like fucking Beauty and the Beast or Iron Fist or whatever. No way Hiro is not getting paid for this
>>
>>80371864

I feel like "I'm always angry" and MAYBE "I'm bringing the party to you guys" are the only acceptable joke lines in Avengers 1. everything else, especially the stuff coming from Black Widow, is pure horse shit

I was so looking forward to Age of Ultron but the first 10 minutes are basically a complete joke. everything is made fun of and suddenly the mood changes and then again, we get quips. it's not just that the jokes are really bad, I could live with that one somehow. it's just that the tonal shift is way too big.
best example is when in guardians of the galaxy, after the whole nova corps is literally blown up, the characters joke about killing people. everything is just a big joke, it feels like I am watching an episode of Two Broke Girls
>>
>>80371946

to be fair, there are a lot of threads shitting on Marvel too. shit goes both sides. people should be banned regardless of which side they are on. it just totally keeps one from having proper discussions, whether it be about capeshit or about proper movies
>>
>>80371118
The writer of Justice League said in a interview BEFORE BvS was released that JL is going to be lighter.
>>
>>80371969
This board has been plagued by Marvel shills for months now. Ever since few months before BvS, there was a narrative to push DC in as bad light as possible whenever they could. They even went on a spoil campaign to the movie to the point where the mods had to step in and make spoilers bannable.

If you think the occasional thread that pokes fun at shitty Marvels can come close to the elaborate narrative pushed against DC, you would be mistaken. This shit is organized and it's done on routine.

At any random period of the day, count the amount of negative DC threads. Then do that the next day. And the day after. And less than a week after you will have seen a pattern that tells you it's a select /v/-like shitposters doing this every time.

They are spamming the shit out of this board non-stop with this shit. Why the mods haven't properly shut it down, I don't know.
>>
>>80371457
>>batman v superman fight because...reasons
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO REDDIT
>>
>>80372040
The mods let thinly-veiled pedo threads stay up for an hour. they could not care less about the substance of these threads anymore.
>>
>>80372040

>This board has been plagued by Marvel shills for months now
>Ever since few months before BvS

kek what? have you even been here before Man of Steel released? people were hating on the movie based on trailers that were goat-tier. there is literally zero way to please these people. they were hating just because

I mean that Marvel has a smear campaign going on is pretty clear, even if it's not an active one. I never witnessed a petition making its rounds just because a movie got bad reviews on Rotten Tomatoes but BvS had one. Reviews were unforgiving to the max

>elaborate narrative pushed against DC

I think there is a difference between shitposting here on /tv/ and /co/ and actual paid reviewers giving a solid movie bad reviews.

>This shit is organized and it's done on routine

you're right on that one. Marvel actually gives incentives for reviewers to give their movies good reviews and other companies bad ones

>flight tickets
>meet n' greets with stars
>hotel rooms

those are acceptable and normal ways of manipulating reviewers. I can't say that I wouldn't recommend WB doing the same but whatever suits them best I suppose

>At any random period of the day, count the amount of negative DC threads

I think it's just manchildren being bored. Disney wouldn't be THAT pathetic

>They are spamming the shit out of this board non-stop with this shit. Why the mods haven't properly shut it down, I don't know.

100% with you on that one
>>
>>80371051
Why would they need quips? The whole DCEU is a giant joke.
>>
>>80371051
because WB thinks fun = quips.
>>
File: shills.png (333KB, 1736x811px) Image search: [Google]
shills.png
333KB, 1736x811px
>>80372040
This is the thing, the same narrative is being ppushed with clickbait articles. They post screencaps from youtube comments, gawker or collider articles. Have you ever seen something like on /tv/? People using fucking collider tweets as arguments, in any not DC smear thread? I don't know if they are shills or not but I'm 100% certain those guys aren't from /tv/
>>
File: 1370289032407.jpg (267KB, 1425x868px) Image search: [Google]
1370289032407.jpg
267KB, 1425x868px
>>80372122
>I think it's just manchildren being bored. Disney wouldn't be THAT pathetic
Disney most likely just hires marketing agencies to the shilling for them. It's not Disney directly. Usually it's better to just contract some Indian company and have them run their shit while your own hands are clean. Disney knows what's happening but they're not doing it directly and if the "marketing" firm gets find out, Disney can just push the responsibility on them.

I think the inconvenient truth is that there's more than just fanboys pissing at each other here.
>>
File: relief.gif (762KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
relief.gif
762KB, 245x150px
"critics" and "reviewers" have ruined capeshit (and film in general) way worse than the quips or grimdark ever could.
>>
>>80372231

well, actually your method assumes direct involvement but I feel like a passive approach like grooming reviewers is a bit more effective

reviewers have statistically significant influences on the masses, even if it isn't that strong. people won't listen to some shills on the internet who are just shitposting. that rather has the opposite effect
>>
you can't have serious fiction surrounding a man who dresses up as a bat and punches his arch nemesis, a clown, unless its going to be about serious mental disorders.
>>
>>80372390
>>80372231
They do both. Disney invest heavily on internet marketing and that's how most reviewers pay their bills. Let's see what NYT had to say in their reviews of that Rogue One piece of shit:

> The spoiler warning sent by the Disney empire instructed journalists to “continue to be our partners on this journey,” and defiance is unthinkable, even if “partner” is taken as a synonym for “shill.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/movies/star-wars-rogue-one-review.html?_r=0

If they pressure the New York fucking Times, what wouldn't they do to the flick filosopher and the rest of meme reviewers making 600 bucks a month with a couple of banners
>>
File: bought reviews.jpg (211KB, 732x960px) Image search: [Google]
bought reviews.jpg
211KB, 732x960px
>>80372702
>Whether that is enough — whether the fractures in the Rebel Alliance and the power struggles in the imperial ranks quicken our pulses and engage our emotions — is the big question, but it really isn’t a question at all. Millions of people will sit through this thoroughly mediocre movie (directed with basic competence by Gareth Edwards from a surprisingly hackish script by Chris Weitz and Tony Gilroy) and convince themselves that it’s perfectly delightful. It’s so much easier to obey than to resist. The spoiler warning sent by the Disney empire instructed journalists to “continue to be our partners on this journey,” and defiance is unthinkable, even if “partner” is taken as a synonym for “shill.”

This is disturbing as fuck. They have journalists by the balls. Little wonder that Rotten Tomatoes looks the way it does.
>>
>>80371555
>id rather have all of my movies wink and nod at the audience every 5 minutes.

No, but I'd rather a movie based on a childrens' hobby be a bit more self aware. Grimdark comic books are just as cringy as the movies based on them.

I liked BvS for what it was, but it could have been so much better if Snyder dialed back the derp and had a bit of fun. It seemed like Eisenberg was the only one who realized he was a supervillain and went all in while everyone else was pretending they were in some mopey, high art nonsense.
Marvel at least has it's shit together.
>>
>>80371555

whats wrong with that?
>>
>>80371051
Why is Wonder Woman always between Supes and Bats? Does she wanted to get dp'd by them?
>>
>>80373548
Diana did spend untold eons without knowing the joys of dicks.
>>
is the trailer out
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.