[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game of Thrones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: gameofthrones.jpg (51KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
gameofthrones.jpg
51KB, 320x480px
At what point, exactly, did it turn to trash?
>>
Season 2
>>
S3
>>
Season 4
>>
Season 1 episode 1
>>
season 5
>>
>>80369560
Season 4 is when it finally dropped into 0/10 territory. It was the season of what over how or why.

However the show had been in gradual decline since the end of season 1 already. Season 1 is also the only good season.
>>
>>80369675
There are still some really great scenes and overall solid acting in S2 and S3. There are even a few quality significantly good scenes in S4 as well, however, you are pretty much correct.
S5 was dogshit, S6 was utter tripe, and S7 is just going to be yet more of the same with added le ebin romance between Dany + Jon.
>>
>>80369588
>>80369621
>>80369629
>>80369638
>>80369640
>>80369675

You say that, but I bet you're stewing for S7 just like the rest of us.

>>80369560
It went off track when the books ran out but it never went to trash. S7 will be epic.

Winter is here.
>>
>>80369560
the exact moment is the episode where Stannis burns shireen. That's when it turned to absolute dogshit
>>
>>80369715
I don't deny it. You can enjoy something while simultaneously recognizing that it's not good.
>>
>>80369560
halfway through season 3 it dropped to a 6/10
got progressively worse until it was a 4/10, then a 3/10

it had some good episodes in the bad seasons though
>>
>>80369675
>It was the season of what over how or why.

that's a good way to put it. I just don't care about the characters in the show anymore; they don't seem to act rationally, or even in accord with their previously-established personalities. Davos, Jon, and Sansa are all great examples.
>>
>>80369715
>It went off track when the books ran out but it never went to trash

What?
They stopped using book material and changed a bunch of storylines around and removed many significant storylines entirely. That is legitimately no excuse at all.

D&D continually and vehemently destroyed and changed many characters for the worse, produced awful dialogue and storylines / story arcs of their own and generally have no regard for the source material at all.
There was and is plenty of material they could have and should have used, for the better, but they chose not to.

S7 will be shit like the last two.
>>
>>80369560
when they decided to say fuck it and threw in random crap instead of at least vaguely following the books outline
>>
S7 and S8 are going to be so poor. D&D clearly don't give a fuck about the series anymore and would quit entirely if HBO would let them.
>>
>>80369560

Season 2 but worsened exponentially from that point onward.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.