[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favourite creature from Kang Kong? Mine was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: skull-1.jpg (59KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
skull-1.jpg
59KB, 640x360px
What was your favourite creature from Kang Kong? Mine was the giant water buffalo

Loved this movie in general btw. I liked how they didn't just remake the original with all the lame dinosaur knock-offs but actually bothered to design original creatures. A real feast for the eyes. I recommend seeing it in IMAX
>>
>>80364119
Thanks shill

In all seriousness though, good monster movie with adequate pacing, good cinematography, and John C Reilly was the heart of the movie.

Nice subversion of trope with the boardwalk empire soldier guy blowing himself up with grenades, nice symbolism with chains, saying this Kong ain't a slave like dumb cuck from Jackson's movie.
>>
Is this the official King Kong™ thread?
>>
Walking Tree dude was pretty cool, too bad he didn't get to do much
>>
The giant ant that sounds like a bird.
>>
>>80365407
You can't be serious. It was shit.
>>
File: 1473470770379.gif (18KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1473470770379.gif
18KB, 645x773px
>>80365407
>>80365437
Didn't mean to sound so shill-ish, I just really liked the movie
>>
>>80365476
How much is Marvel^tm paying you?
>>
The giant stick bug made me laugh. It just gave the most "Well fuck you too buddy" reaction to that soldier
>>
The bamboo spider was cool at first but the scene went on way too long.
>hmm these humans are chopping my legs off I'd better just stand here and try to eat this one dude
>>
desu the skull crawlers were the worst monsters in terms of design
>>
>>80365474
they didn't even show these hellish tree ants
>>
>>80364119
Your favorite creature was the one that was just a slightly larger version of a regular animal that only showed up twice in the movie twice and didn't even do anything? Why?
>>
>>80365474
It's a fuckin ant
>>
I felt bad for the giant antelope.
>>
>>80364119
They need some giant ass killer hippos or something.
>>
>>80365697
I dunno, it looked cool and was the only thing that wasn't trying to kill everyone. It also advanced the character development on two separate occasions
>>
File: kong2.jpg (84KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
kong2.jpg
84KB, 1200x800px
>>80364119
This was my favorite creature. I was so bewildered by it. I couldn't tell if she was hot or not.
>>
>>80365860
she was not very hot, and she is a crap actress and her character was shit
>>
>>80365459
He made like a tree and got out of town.
>>
>>80364119
>design original creatures

>big stick bug
>big buffalo
>big spider

real fucking original.
>>
>>80365474
How did they learn to mimic the sound of birds?
>>
>>80365697
>why did you like Kino

Maybe you would enjoy little nicky more
>>
>>80366053
it wouldn't be kino if they wasted time talking about the anatomy of ants
>>
>>80366048
What sort of creatures would you design?
>>
>>80365474

>sounds like a bird but it's a fucking ant

Brule was the best character of the whole movie.
>>
>>80365689

That was the point. We had already seen some horrifying stuff, the idea of giant ants sitting in trees, whistling like birds to lull their prey into a false sense of security is just terrifying.
>>
File: john-c-riellyjpg.jpg (171KB, 1536x768px) Image search: [Google]
john-c-riellyjpg.jpg
171KB, 1536x768px
we got chase by some big lizards. I call em school crawlers cus they crawl outta th'ground. I told em t'listen to me cus I been on this friggin island for twenty eight ninety n-twenty eight years here. but go ahead n' run aroun' th' jungle.
>>
File: bl.jpg (530KB, 1349x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bl.jpg
530KB, 1349x2000px
>>80365921
She has nice bobbers though
>>
>>80366113
It they could spend the time talking about Vietnamese farmers, they can spend the time talking about giant fucking ants.
>>
>>80366173
ahn be sure t' go out at nigh-at too, even tho' I said dun go out at nigh-at
>>
>>80366173
The movie was an abomination, but John C Reilly's character and acting were really amazing.
>>
>>80366115
follow with the theme of primordial shit like kong, and weirder creatures, like a Deinotheriums, Arthropleura, definitely a Chalicotherium looking thing, Purlovia, Phiomia or Paracer. There are so many weird looking prehistoric mammals but they went with a buffalo.

I would've just loved to have seen an island full of mega fauna, a giant beezlebufo wouldve been especially cool to see even if it isnt original.
>>
>>80366370
and the island being just completely crowded with mega fauna and flora wouldve explained how kong could sustain his size, but there weren't any big plants for the herbivores to graze on.
>>
File: tumblr_okbt0apjla1twvalpo1_500.png (217KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okbt0apjla1twvalpo1_500.png
217KB, 500x455px
>>80366232
buncha dopes
>>
>>80364119
I really like that too. They didn't do ANOTHER reboot. Seeing them stay on the island was a relief. That fucking spider crab too, hell of a surprise. Way better than the 2014 Godzilla, too. We got enough focus on Kong, and the human action was actually interesting.
>>
File: 1489362183598.png (715KB, 720x719px) Image search: [Google]
1489362183598.png
715KB, 720x719px
>>80365860
>completely submerged into muddy shitty water in one scene
>next scene, maybe 10-15 min later
>her hair is perfectly dry and looks like she had time to style it and everything
>>
File: 1450404662813.jpg (70KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
1450404662813.jpg
70KB, 407x407px
>>80366930
>and the human action was actually interesting.

You're bad at hiding your shill level
>>
>>80366930
Yeah exactly

I was waiting for the insufferable yawnfest of poor little Kong being shipped off to LA/New York/Washington and the rest of the film being a one-dimensional narrative about how urban civilisation is fucking evil and nature is so much better and actually city people kind of deserve to die for being so decadent and complacent

Thank God that never happened and the humans just fucked off at the end
>>
>>80365407

>Thanks the shill
>is shill himself ("GOOD PACING")

bravo
>>
>>80365697
It actually showed up three times, first is the one in ops image, second is the one being eaten by a skull crawler and third is when that chick tried saving one but kong had to help her.
>>
How the fuck do these creatures don't crash/implode due to pressure?
>>
>>80369403
what
>>
>>80366249
>The movie was an abomination
No it wasn't kiddo
>>
>>80365921
Desu I felt she and Hiddleston had the same problem that the producers couldn't decide what character they wanted them to act as. So they keep being different people in different scenes, which makes them come across as blank slates.

"Alright Tom, you're a badass wild card. Kick some ass"
"Will do"
"Ah shit, we need the male lead to be a responsible caretaker. Just fuck everyone's shit up by leading them into certain death to save one guy's life even though the most we've foreshadowed your compassion for your fellow man is a single conversation with Generic Female Reporter okay?"

"Alright, what's my character?"
"You're a spunky female reporter"
"Do I actually have a character arc?"
"No, you're like-nice and animals like you apparently. You're barely any more phased than Hiddleston's character"

"Why am I here?"
"Because qt introverted, professional azn women are our new pandering technique for the ching chong audience. See: Independence Day: Resurgence and Transformers: Age of Extinction"
"My character barely has any personality traits!"
"HA, she thinks she actually needs to act!"

Seriously, as an actual chink-fuck that last part so hard. It's like how MonMu ruined the monstergirl pandering by being bloody blatent about it. If I wanted to watch azns, I wouldn't be watching a movie about a big black monkey.
>>
>>80366249
At least he seemed like an actual person rather than an amalgamation of of vague stereotypes.

General failure might've been interesting if they made him go full Kilgore instead of constantly M-MUH 'NAM

>>80366370
>ywn see Dolph Lundgren struggling to control a chariot pulled by two entelodons while battling a giant dimetrodon

>>80369403
Square-cube law doesn't exist in giant moster movies m8
>>
>>80370009

>toxic gas grenades go off right next to the unconcious guy
>Tom takes out a gas mask and borrows John C's legendary sword
>doesn't even bother to show him put on the gas mask fast and professionally as hell before diving into the cloud
>Tom turns into Mr. Foster for about 2-3 minutes and slices up birds
>when he gets through the other guy isn't actually in the toxic cloud and apparently is fine
>doesn't even show how they got back through it

That whole graveyard scene was weird as fuck. The one time someone tries to smoke, it creates a corpse gas explosion, but it doesn't happen again when they cover the entire area in flames.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.