[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well...at least it was better than Warcraft.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

Well...at least it was better than Warcraft.
>>
no it wasn't
>>
>>80357443
it wasnt which is pretty pathetic considering warcraft had no A listers
>>
>>80357443
warcraft wasnt bad at all, ive never played that game and enjoyed it. i liked the wizard shit a lot
>>
>>80357443
i also never played assassins creed. is it like the plot of the movie? like the missions you go on are flashbacks or recreations from the past as well?
>>
>>80357443

It felt really bland. Literally nothing stood out about this film except the fact that Fassbender is a good actor.

At least Warcraft had some pretty fantasy magic shit to look at.
>>
>>80357694
Aye
>>
>>80357770
cool
>>
>>80357443
no it fucking wasn't. This was fucking abysmal. Warcraft was just mediocre shit.
>>
>>80357694
It's a poor man's version of the plot from the first game or two. You're a dude that they put in the animus to find the location of the apple of eden. There's all sorts of backstory about aliens and stuff that they don't get into in the movie.

Also, they don't have a hotel full of trained assassins hanging out playing basketball, it's just the one dude.

They're flashbacks that he sees in his mind.

There's probably three different wikis devoted to all the lore, but I never finished 3 I think it was where they wrapped up the main plot.
>>
>>80358043
interesting, ill give it a go sometime
>>
this movie was for praticians like White, not for plebs
>>
>>80358179
The first one is a little tough to get into mechanically, but I played it on a projector and it was glorious. The sidequests can get really tedious so I'd recommend skipping a 100% completion and just powering through the main story.

Once you've finished that the second game is a fucking masterpiece. You really feel like you're exploring Renaissance Italy on vacation while being a master thief and killer.

Then there's two standalone expansions or whatever you want to call it that are fairly similar mechanically but move the story along.

It's actually 5 games through to finish the storyline. AC1, AC2, AC: Brotherhood, AC: Revelations, and AC3.

If you want the full story there's a shitload of content. Sorry for the wall of text.
>>
>>80358535
nah its cool on the txt wall, ive always wanted to play it but i work a lot and lately ive been able to play long games. i literally just started playing skyrim and i like it. assassins creed is next
>>
>>80358535
also, are the mechanics like "hitman" or "GTA"?
>>
File: michael-fassbender.jpg (163KB, 600x735px) Image search: [Google]
michael-fassbender.jpg
163KB, 600x735px
>>80358614
Enjoy!
>>
File: aNeoqMw_460sa.gif (986KB, 447x228px) Image search: [Google]
aNeoqMw_460sa.gif
986KB, 447x228px
>>80358643
GTA honestly. The only Hitman mechanic is the ability to hide the body, and select missions where you steal the clothes of some fucker, but those are a rarity.
>>
File: d%2526d+movie[1].jpg (38KB, 1032x738px) Image search: [Google]
d%2526d+movie[1].jpg
38KB, 1032x738px
>>80357616
Really? Warcraft was Dungeons & Dragons-tier but without the self-awareness. Yes, THAT D&D that people like to pretend doesn't exist.
>>
>>80358773
>>80358701
THANKS!
>>
Alright lads, what game would've been better off adapted into movie form?

I was thinking Black Flag but it would've been way too short to do it justice unless it's a one-off adventure of Edward Kenway.

For a whole story, it would be best for either Unity or Rogue. Hell, those two are already connected.
>>
>>80358043
Just two actually. The other is a fandom wikia. The current one hasn't been as well updated as it used to be for some sections.
>>
>>80357443
also better than Silence
>>
>bland brown and bloom action movie
or
>best depiction of mages/magic in any movie ever
Pick one. Even with its downsides, parts of Warcraft are the most visually impressive thing I've ever seen
>>
>>80357443
This was probably one of the worst flicks I've seen in recent memory.
>>
>>80358886
They should have just made a tv show instead with each season focusing on a different period and the present day part used to keep everything together
>>
Warcraft was bad but atleast somewhat visually interesting. Ass Creed was bit more competent but flat as Angelina's tits.

Both are awful.
>>
>>80359062
Yeah but who would have the budget for that? Granted Black Sails did work because the producers poured enough money for it but I guess if ubi won't make a sequel for it, they could go the Netflix route so they can do R-rated without alienating the underaged fans, but they won't get a lot of money from that.
>>
>>80359010
The short film they made for ACII was better than the actual movie.
>>
>>80359107
that was based on a video game?
>>
>>80359107
Dude that The Crown series has 122 Mil per season budget. Some other by Baz Luhrmann clocks in at 113. They wasting mad money. Not that they would or should in this crap, mind. Look at Marco Polo.
>>
>>80359402
No but it premiered like a year after Black Flag and word of the show spread around mostly through the Black Flag fandom, like in the same time the Ezio trilogy released Brotherhood then the following year a tv series focusing on the Borgia rule premiered.
>>
>>80359489
>The Crown
Jesus, the brits really wants some great Elizabeth series. I should check that out next time.
>>
>>80359489
>Marco Polo
How exactly do Netflix shows gain dosh anyway?
>>
>>80359499
oh ok, nice doubles
>>
>>80357657
>i liked the wizard shit a lot

well that settles it, warcraft is a great film because of "the wizard shit"
>>
File: 1434235533860.jpg (437KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1434235533860.jpg
437KB, 1508x1493px
>>80357767
>Fassbender is a good actor.
>>
>>80359696
get off your high horse , faggot. go back to red dit
>>
>>80357694
The first Assassins Creed is actually the best story wise I thought it would make a decent movie, probably because all the other dumb elements come in the second and third game.

All there is,is a normal dude in the future, he signed up voluntarily to explore the memories of his ancestors. And his ancestor is tasked to kill several people from the templar order who seem to have a good plan for the holy land, and you're never sure if you're on the right side. Video game stories are really bad so this was a good example of moral ambiguity. Assassins Creed II gets rid of this and it's basically just dumb teenage fulfillment fantasy

There's no magical McGuffin and knights Templar actually belong in this time period.
>>
>>80359899
Yeah, it's a shame it's considered as the most boring due to the tedious investigations. The Templars weren't completely evil too. They adapted this into the Kenway Saga, which they discarded in Ezio trilogy and the Unity games.
>>
more like ASS ASS ins creed
>>
>>80357443
Warcraft was actually pretty good
>>
>>80360166
i dong get it
>>
>when gul'dan takes his shirt off
>>
>>80360237
you seem confused
>>
>>80360319
youre mom is confused
>>
Has there ever been a good video game movie?
>>
>>80360454
world of warcraft, and mortal kombat
>>
>>80360454
Angry Birds and Doom
>>
>>80360573
>>80360604
>this is what millenials and underages actually believe
>>
>>80360634
joke is on you, im actually 56
>>
File: 1.jpg (10KB, 279x291px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
10KB, 279x291px
As someone who has played most of the Warcraft games and every Assassin's Creed game, both films were garbage for the same reasons

>Frenetic pacing
>Too much explanation of some things and not enough of others
>Weak story adaptations

The biggest crime though was Warcraft nullifying all of its hefty CGI spending with some awful costume design and makeup. Garona was Rachel-whatsherface-in-Star-Trek-2009 tier and all the armor looked like plastic LARP shit.

Assassin's Creed had decent costuming and the parkour was alright but the camera-work made it all in vain. Both historical and modern storylines were absolute trash too, waste of a good cast.
>>
>>80360820
calm down
>>
File: 2.gif (3MB, 192x333px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
3MB, 192x333px
>>80361193

No

Video games aren't exactly high art but they do have some interesting stories to tell if people would actually do them right in movie form
>>
>>80361303
ff7 had the best storyline
>>
>>80361470

Too anime for general theater audiences though, unless you want them to Ghost in the Shell it
>>
>>80361599
i loved ghost in the shell, did they really butcher it?
>>
>>80361958

We don't know yet, people are rightly wary of how it will turn out
>>
>>80362060
i fucking loved the score, it was nice.
>>
>>80357443
>better than Warcraft.
Gul'dan was fucking based you nigger. He made the whole movie worthwhile.
>>
Warcraft was okay-ish
Asscreed was bad because of the animus plot, if they worked that better hnnng something good could be pulled out... but meh let's fuck things up
Too many things to explain in a small amount of time really kills things.
>>
File: fassbender1.jpg (200KB, 2048x704px) Image search: [Google]
fassbender1.jpg
200KB, 2048x704px
THE KING OF THIS BOARD
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.