[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1977 animaton with a $3 million budget is better than a live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: hobbit.jpg (105KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
hobbit.jpg
105KB, 600x421px
>1977 animaton with a $3 million budget is better than a live action trilogy with a $600 million budget

how did peter jackson fuck up this bad?
>>
>>80351514
but $3 million in 1977 is now worth more than 1 billion
>>
>>80351514
by not having the great songs
>>
File: 1487096314807.png (127KB, 601x508px)
1487096314807.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>80351761
>>
>>80351761
$3 mil is worth $12,021,732.67 in 2017 and $11,366,039.60 in 2012.
>>
>>80351514
the hobbit is much more suited to animation, you can give it a more "childrens story book fairy tale" as well as have total control over the visual style without it looking like utter garbage
>>
>>80351807
yeah the songs are better in 1977 for sure

one thing i like about the 1977 version is that it doesn't take 500 hours for the dwarves to arrive and then to go on the adventure. takes like 20 minutes in 1977 version
>>
>>80352003
yeah, the whole movie works better as a single piece, because that's how it was written. also, for some reason whatever company owns the soundtrack won't re-release or let it be posted online.
>>
>>80352133
the entire soundtrack is on youtube at least
>>
The animation wasn't that good, and wasn't some of it rotoscopped?
>>
>>80352425
Not in The Hobbit and why are you asking leading questions when you haven't seen it? Doesn't that make you a fucking punk fuccboi poseur?
>>
>>80351514
always these money comparisons. The fault obviously lies with the script, not the productionvalues
>>
>>80352500
I saw it a while ago, but I do remember having some rotoscope, I think I'm confusing it with the lord of the rings cartoon.
>>
DOWN DOWN TO GOBLIN TOWN DOWN DOWN TO GOBLIN TOWN
>>
That film is fucking kino
>>
>>80352425
You're thinking of the 1978 LOTR.
>>
>>80351514
they probably didnt pay their animators. happen a lot

those art betas are too pussy to do anything about it
>>
>>80352425
>That rotoscoped balrog in LOTR 1978
Fucking kill me.
>>
>>80351968
This.

I've said it before but The Hobbit should've been a single 2 & a half hour (3+ hour extended) movie done the same way as Tintin

They could've kept the actors and their likenesses and the links to LOTR while being able to also be much more childish and cartoony without it coming off so wrong as it did.

Also PJ needed to remember Bilbo was the main character. Focusing so much on side shit like Bard not only reminded me of the worst stuff from his King Kong (like the kid on the boat etc) but Bard using his son's face to fire an arrow just came off as retarded not heart warming and I don't think PJ realised this while making it
>>
>>80352178
was, it got taken down the day after I youttube to FLAC'd it
>>
>>80352895
i just listened to it though
topkek on your lossless
>>
When will we get a film adaptation of the truest Tolkino?
>>
>>80351514
Lena Dunham is even ugly as a cartoon.
>>
>>80352711

I know multiple animators that would uppercut you to the moon, clown. Shut the fuck up before I give them a call.
>>
>>80351514
I think Jackson's Hobbit wouldn't have been nearly as bad if the jews hadn't forced him to make it a trilogy. Otherwise he wouldn't have had to put in so much filler shit.

If you compare Jackson's LotR to the Bakshi version, Jackson is the clear winner.
>>
getting stoned to this film is really something else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dQ5c5SIYnc
>>
>>80353216
agreed, the lotr trilogy is incredible.
I do enjoy the animated ones as well though, they're well done (including rotoscope), sound, voice and story progression are all good. Solid movies but nowhere near peter jacksons
>>
>>80353056
I literally bully animators for a living. They don't do shit.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.