[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Young Pope vs Game of Thrones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: really makes me think.png (339KB, 764x768px) Image search: [Google]
really makes me think.png
339KB, 764x768px
Popefags BTFO
>>
>>80347666
>different amount of reviews
>normies
>etc
>>
rottentomatoesgate when?
>>
>>80347666
Begone satan. TYP is kino, not like your grimdark edgy soap opera about strong womyn.
>>
File: spooky.gif (255KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.gif
255KB, 700x700px
>>80347666
>the Young Pope thread
>666
>>
>>80347666
This show immediately hooked me with Lenny's speech in the beginning. Then it turned out it was a dream, and boy was I disappointed. It turns out Lenny is an ultra conservative megalomaniac. Or something. From this episode, I have no idea what this show is trying to do. That speech in the beginning was the show I wanted and I really did not recover from the disappointment that this show is not going to be that.
>>
File: 1354475726767.gif (894KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1354475726767.gif
894KB, 200x189px
>>80347868
>>
File: 1482520507994.jpg (851KB, 1280x1491px) Image search: [Google]
1482520507994.jpg
851KB, 1280x1491px
>>80347666
I've never rated any movie or tv show on any sites like this. To people that do, why?
>>
>>80347864
>>80347868
>>80347912
OP here. I'm sorry jesus for shitposting about popekino. I can tell that you are mad by giving me satan trips. I am renouncing my atheism and going to church next sunday. Please forgive me.
>>
>>80347666
American critics are retarded, what's your point?
>>
>>80347666
The Young Pope has the best pleb filter ever designed. The first episode puts you in the exact same place as the Catholics in the show when they encounter Lenny. The show was designed to appear unpalatable to your average viewer. To those dedicated viewers that had faith, like a good Catholic, they were rewarded with a fantastic show.
>>
Did anyone else tear up a little during the endings of episodes 8 and 9? Also I was pleasantly surprised how Lenny was portrayed in the show. I was expecting House of Cards: Vatican edition with an atheist pope who was just after power. Instead the show gave us genuine moments of faith and beauty. I was really struck by the moment when Cardinal Voiello decided not to use his blackmail because he realized he had just witnessed a genuine miracle. With the exception of the pedophile Bishop every character had moments of redemption.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbb-mita0Hs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGkyDSM-JFc
>>
>>80347666
>muddled plot
Where normies actually confused by this show? The plot was pretty easy to understand as long as you paid attention.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.