[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dear blog, arrival was shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: arrival-poster.jpg (56KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
arrival-poster.jpg
56KB, 670x377px
>tfw got memed
>no imdb boards to read other buttblasted opinions

well, this was shit. dude, alien, time travel 2h for this shit rehashed gimmick

>finally over
>see it was done by meme director

I have only myself to blame
>>
I wouldn't go so far as to call it shit, but I'm with you. It was hyped as this masterpiece science fiction film. Watched it yesterday and it was an okay film at best. Nothing memorable or spectacular about it for me.
>>
>>80343496
they made the mistake of casting renner and the lazy eye negro
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 613x817px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 613x817px
Sounds like a case of Interstellar-itis.
>>
>>80343496
What's worse? Villenueves pretentious lifeless direction? Or Amy Adams' lifeless unemotive face.
>>
File: 1488915630266.jpg (44KB, 641x491px) Image search: [Google]
1488915630266.jpg
44KB, 641x491px
>We think according to to our language
>So if we learn a circular language we can perceive time circularly

BRAVO VILLENEUVE
>>
File: 1488916317827.jpg (10KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
1488916317827.jpg
10KB, 274x184px
>evil red-meat-eating military guys, who are probably huge racists that lift weights all day and drink hard liquor, hid a bomb to kill some aliens.
>(aliens that are unbelievably more advanced than humanity and could probably kill us on a whim)
>It's up to the linguist and physicist to figure out how to get these military MEATHEADS to see that the aliens aren't evil
Wow.
>>
File: 1488858442665.png (170KB, 301x363px) Image search: [Google]
1488858442665.png
170KB, 301x363px
First half was bretty gud. Shame about the second.
>>
>>80345020
there was literally no conflict, how can the viewer invest in the film if there are no stakes?
>>
>>80343496
>ywn marry Amy Adams

JDIMSA
>>
>>80343496
Most people enjoyed, including myself. Maybe you're just retarded.
>>
>>80345060
Their first contact involved several city-sized ships hovering ominously over various parts of the world.
>>
>>80345319
>b-but I liked it
And someone somewhere liked Suicide Squad...
>>
>>80343496
>this was shit

i don't think it was shit, just not very good. Perfectly average big budget drama
>>
>>80345402
they didn't a very good job, or even really try to, at establishing to overwhelming snese of dread that must have been experienced worldwide.
>>
>>80343496
I thought it was fucking amazing but everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Better than interstellar and the Martian, not as good as Moon though
>>
>>80346029
martian was really just one big meme. I can't even remember how it ended.
>>
Meme this,meme that...
>>
>>80343496
>time travel

Another one of these threads?
>>
>>80346029
Stronk woyman captain saves the day
>>
>>80346193
>saying "it's technically not time travel" means you negated the fact the movie sucks

another one of these replies?
>>
>>80343496
There was a shitload of cliche dialog and scenes in this movie and Amy Adams did nothing but huff and grunt while looking scared while Jeremy Renner's character got no development at all. I was enjoying the movie for the first hour, it did a good job of building suspense with the ayy lmaos, but then Amy Adams starts having magic psychic visions because she learned the ayy lmao language. That was dumb. The ayy lmaos building tension about a "weapon" which was actually the "gift" to humans of their magic psychic powers was a dumb cop-out. The white knight Ameriburgers being the paragons of peace while the Chinese and Russians being the harbingers of war was dumb. Also it's never really explained how they translate the ayy lmao language, a few scenes pass and suddenly Amy Adams is partially fluent in it. Overall it's a dumb pop-science movie like The Martian except that movie was done better. 5/10.

I feel like Arrival would have been much better if they weren't afraid to bore their audience with some real ayy lmao language theory, if it didn't have any of that psychic vision crap, and if the ending wasn't about Amy Adams saving the world from the evil Chinks with her psychic visions.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.