[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Professor X dies a meaningless death by a fucking Wolverine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 44

File: Logan.png.jpg (270KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Logan.png.jpg
270KB, 1000x563px
Professor X dies a meaningless death by a fucking Wolverine clone, so does Logan. Absolute dogshit flick.
>>
>>80338974
sik bait
>>
>>80338974
It was pretty well written moment. I was surprised.
>>
>>80338974

Life sucks and then you're die, that's real live anon.
>>
>>80338974
I was thinking that too. I feel like they did not use Professor X enough.
>>
thats the point of the movie dumbass, we all die meaningless
>>
It's to show Logan this is how real life is. No grand death carrying a nuke into space to stop an alien invasion you just get jigged and die. The end.
>>
>>80338974
that was the point. Logan gave Prof one last perfect day and right as Logan was about to learn the power of family everything came crashing back to reality
>>
Wtf there weren't enough quips and bright colors used!
>>
>>80338974

>Xavier brain blasts the other X-Men to death just so we don't have to ask any questions about where the fuck everyone else is
>Nosferatuman could have resolved the plot by not being a retard who leaves his gun in the front seat when he's trying to execute an unconscious guy
>Mexican Nurse woman needed Wolverine's help to move a child to North Dakota when at least a dozen other children made it there without any trouble
>She also writes coordinates to the exact location of their hideaway on random photographs and shit
>Shithead doctor in charge of engineering mutants routinely visits probable warzones because he's batshit crazy
>Logan's healing factor is failing because... age?
>The entire first 30 minutes dedicated to elevating the film to an R rating

There was a lot more dumb shit in this film, /tv/ just eats it up because it's grimdark "kino" where everyone dies.
>>
>>80338974
ebin
+1 upvotes!
>>
>>80340305
This movie gets graded on a capeshit curve and as capeshit it's top tier as a movie on its own it's average.
>>
What was X-24's problem?
>Stands around and let's Charles give a speech before killing him
>Walks past Logan without attacking him at first
>Throws a fit when he sees his creator get killed
>>
>>80340485
>What was X-24's problem?
rage, I think they said it explicitly on multiple occasions
>>
>>80340529

oh, thank you for reminding me

>Dr. Dickhead says you can't foster rage or whatever
>Periodic cuts to Laura screaming like a banshee in sadness/anger
>>
>>80340173
Id be surprised if prof x suddenly had a piano fall on his head too, doesn't make it a well written death.
>>
>>80340305
His healing factor is failing because the adamantium in on his bones has been slowly poisoning his body.
>>
>tfw only cam footy
>>
>>80340574
But her rage was uncontrollable and worse for them, directed towards the people who created her. X-24 could be controlled and his rage channelled by the scientist guy.
>>
>>80340669

Get a job
>>
>just watched the movie
I-im not crying
>>
>>80340584
you should kys
>>
>>80340204
They used him plenty. They just didn't use him well.
>>
>flick
Uhhh, it's actually kino
>>
wolverine clone was stupid otherwise good
>>
>>80340874
>it wasnt me it wasnt me
>>
Why did they give x24 a haircut that makes him look like Sabretooth?
>>
>>80340971
>our boat...sunseeker
>>
>>80340971
>it aint me starts playing

DROPPED
>>
File: 1488800428540.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488800428540.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>80340971
>There's water
>>
File: 1483393435718.png (180KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483393435718.png
180KB, 500x500px
>>80341234

>Daddy

call me a faggot or a retard but it caught me off guard. I teared up.
>>
>>80341355
I held it up fine

the X killed me
>>
File: 300px-Wheatley.png (116KB, 300x307px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Wheatley.png
116KB, 300x307px
Beware the light
>>
>>80341234
:(
>>
>>80340305
>This film may have been well acted, thoughtful and emotionally heartfelt, but the tired, neckbeard, cape bullshit side of it had PLOT HOLES, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>80341355

Yeah that did it for me.
>>
>>80341429
>enemies off guard, I can suicide bomb the bad guys, huh? Dude lemme throw out a quip real quick lmao

Cool quote but dumb scene
>>
>>80338974
Xavier's scene was sadder than Logan's j thought.
I really liked it.
Can't wait to get it in 4K.
>>
>>80340305
This so much. /tv/ is so easily impressed with /v/-tier pseudo dark plot it's kind of cute, makes me think that the number of edgy teenagers posting here is more than what it seems.
>>
>>80338974
So if Wolverine was being slowly poisoned by the Adamantium, does it mean that Sabretooth is just fine and dandy? His healing factor might be a little slower, but he should be fine right?
>>
>>80341827
Agreed
>not dropping the grenades and then saying it
>>
File: 1481862713690.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
1481862713690.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>>80340305
>Xavier brain blasts the other X-Men to death just so we don't have to ask any questions about where the fuck everyone else is

maybe he did, but it's not important because the question of what exactly happened to all the other X-Men isn't important to the film

>Nosferatuman could have resolved the plot by not being a retard who leaves his gun in the front seat when he's trying to execute an unconscious guy

he was sort of a bumbler and played by Stephen Merchant, didn't seem out of place to me. plus the rest of the guys with guns were coming anyway, pretty sure 90% of the same stuff would have happened

Mexican Nurse woman needed Wolverine's help to move a child to North Dakota when at least a dozen other children made it there without any trouble
>She also writes coordinates to the exact location of their hideaway on random photographs and shit

it actually struck me as strange that Transigen was so focused on recapturing Laura when there was like a dozen other escapees in ND. I would have thought that they would purposefully let her lead them to the others but no

Shithead doctor in charge of engineering mutants routinely visits probable warzones because he's batshit crazy

agreed lol. that shit was 100% 90s movie

adamantium poisoning, it's implied. but perhaps also age

my biggest objection to the plot was the fact that Wolverine somehow didn't insist upon not staying with the black family. I feel like it wasn't believable that he would just acquiesce to Xavier's desire for a pleasant night (although I agree that it was important) when there was such a clear and present danger not only to them but also to the family. feel like that part of the movie should have been written differently.
>>
>>80341923
he wasnt poisoned by the adamantium dummy did you even watch the movie

GMO food supressed his mutant healing gene so he couldnt heal off his bad lifestyle
>>
>>80341900

t. 20 years old and officially not a teenager
>>
>>80342018
T_T
>>
>>80341981
>my biggest objection to the plot was the fact that Wolverine somehow didn't insist upon not staying with the black family. I feel like it wasn't believable that he would just acquiesce to Xavier's desire for a pleasant night (although I agree that it was important) when there was such a clear and present danger not only to them but also to the family. feel like that part of the movie should have been written differently.

I agree, and this is where continuity and context comes and kicks this film directly in the fucking teeth.

Neither Xavier nor Logan are characters who are irresponsible enough to endanger an innocent family just for their own selfish desires to forget that they're wanted men for a few hours. It's utterly ridiculous to me that Xavier, even in his most senile state, would allow other people to come to harm and it seriously took me out of the experience because of how clearly I could read the writing on the wall. There simply HAD to have been a better way to write that scene because all it did in the end was make me extremely frustrated with Xavier's character
>>
File: 1480691770003.jpg (139KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1480691770003.jpg
139KB, 1023x682px
>>80341987
>GMO food supressed his mutant healing gene so he couldnt heal off his bad lifestyle

really? that was it? I knew there was some sort of underlying GMO and near-future automation world building going on, but when did they imply that it was affecting the mutants?

also, on the subject of world building, wtf is Hypno? it kept showing up on posters and advertisements in the film and it was the name of the drink that Laura stole from the convenience store. I could hear several people around me in the theater saying "Is that a beer can?" but no it was this shit I've never heard of called Hypno. seems very out of place in a film that had so much product placement (Pringles, Chrysler, Ford)

not only that but during the scene where Logan is helping X go to the bathroom, there's a clear shot of a sticker that says Hypno and it has a QR code on it.

deepest lore???
>>
>>80342209
Hypno is probably an anti mutant drug or something
>>
>>80342169
i just think it was more of X trying to teach and help logan be a normal human being since most of the dialogue between the two had to do with that. trying to make logan feel a sense of purpose and whatnot.

they just thought they wouldnt be caught up to so fast. i only would have been angry with the sense if X didnt take his meds since that could mean he could have a seizure and kill the family
>>
File: dredd disgust.jpg (65KB, 642x481px) Image search: [Google]
dredd disgust.jpg
65KB, 642x481px
>>80338974
>not understanding the thematic value of an old, dying Logan facing his greatest fear - his own killer feral instinct made flesh

X-24 once again proves himself as the GOAT pleb filter.
>>
>cloverfield lane
>logan
>both are 10/10 movies until the ending

is this going to be a trend in Hollywood? tarnishing great movies just to tag on the squeal possibility scenes? cant you just do it with after credits bonus scenes? no one wanted to see stupid faggot fat fuck nigglets running around. the movie isnt about helping dumb faggot kids. its about logan. cloverfield isnt about aliens, its about goodman.
>>
File: 148934509d1048.jpg (98KB, 786x395px) Image search: [Google]
148934509d1048.jpg
98KB, 786x395px
>>80342018
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>80340305
that's why his hair is thicker than ever, oh wow just gray a bit...

this film is dogshit and plebs bought it because it had good drama
wolverine dies to a shitty clone haha
xavier dies to a shitty clone haha
where the fuck is magneto haha
im fucking killing myself no-
>>
>>80338974
>Entire X-Men series features Logan's story involving his guilt and his past catching up to him
>he dies and his best friend dies because his past literally catches up and kills them
Yeah man, totally meaningless.
>>
>>80338974
They were both on the verge of death at the start of the movie, X-24 merely gave them a solid conclusion.
>>
>>80341981
>because the question of what exactly happened to all the other X-Men isn't important to the film
it kind of is

because it's like

"hey, absurdly powerful friends. Help"
>>
>>80342556
there's little thematic value and a mouse could pick that up. You are a pleb that eats this shit up
>>
>>80342018
FUCK
>>
>>80342018
>No Caliban

He didn't deserve it!
>>
>>80341827
Yeah that was the only time I got annoyed for an actual reason that wasn't nitpicking.
That's when the movie felt the most like Marlel Quipshit
>>
I know it's complete nitpicking asshole memery but for the entire movie I couldn't shake thinking "why do the bad guys stick around and fight they're getting slaughtered", like fine I'll give you that the Bald Bearded Muscular Guys(tm) are highly trained with the mission as their primary goal, but why did the Fédérales and the Cholos not run after the first one of them got viscerally and brutally murdered?
>>
I thought Prof X getting stabbed wasn't the best, only because I thought it was a dream and so so the next minute until they pulled up in the car I didn't think it was real. Then it was like "oh shit, that happened, let me just take in Prof X getting fucking stabbed now". That's probably on me though.
>>
>>80342169
I think people are forgetting that Xavier was also complaining that he couldn't keep moving at the pace they were going.

Also, I'm not exactly sure WHY, but it seemed to be a running joke that Wolverine gets convinced by people who tell him they're leaving "at dawn". It happens with Xavier, and it happens with the kids at Eden.
>>
>>80346967
Are you literally retarded?
The movie gave no indication of it being a dream. There were zero dream sequences or flashbacks, or anything like that.
>>
>>80346618
He's inside hiding from the Sun.
>>
>>80342556
>>not understanding the thematic value of an old, dying Logan facing his greatest fear - his own killer feral instinct made flesh

Rendered utterly meaningless because [spoilers]it's Charles who kills the X-Men, and not Logan.

And it's Charles who's threatening the lives of people around him with his seizures, too[/spoiler]
>>
>>80347149
When a younger looking Logan appeared I figured Charles was having some mental episode, dream type thing, I was wrong.
>>
File: unbelievable.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
unbelievable.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>80338974
>not seeing the impact of his death on Logan
>"It wasn't me... It wasn't me"

you got me to reply at least
>>
>>80338974
>the characters deaths weren't """"MEANINGFUL"""" so the movie is shit.

kys OP
>>
>>80343771
underrated
>>
>>80346902
I mean did you see those rims, ese?
>>
I think the film jerked itself off too much because of its R rating. Like they really wanted to get their mileage out of that rating so it boiled down to DUDE ULTRAVIOLENCE LMAO.
>>
>>80341355
Faggot
>>
>>80340305
Metal poisining, probably that modifed food that's killing mutants and yeah just old age. What's wrong with his healing factor failing because of old age? Nigga is nearly 200 years old, fought in 2 world wars and survived Nagasaki bombing at ground zero and still lived to see 200.
>>
What was the plan with the Sunseeker?

Sail into the ocean and kill themselves?
>>
>>80347149
>>80346967
I also started off thinking it was a dream but this might be partly because I couldn't handle Charles going out that way.
>>
>>80341355
Retard
>>
>>80349395
I guess so
>>
>>80348045
Stop watching PG-13 movies your entire life. That movie wasn't even close to ultra-violence. Most of the scenes were disturbing more than gory. When he stabbed those dudes in the hotel there wasn't a whole lot of blood and guts, but those were some of the most brutal deaths. Hell, the most brutal death in the movie is entirely bloodless. That dude getting wombo combo'd by the little mutants at the end. There was nothing gory about that but it made me far more uncomfortable than anything Logan did.

Also
>Your only real method of attack is claws that can cut through anything
>Only way to stop people is running or killing them, when running isn't an option...

I found it more ridiculous no bloodletting was done before this point.
>>
>>80349395
that's exactly what it was
>>
>>80347286
Yeah, Charles motivation and backstory would make much more sense as Logan's.

Here Logan is the same bitter asshole he usually is, but cranked to 11. Learning to love is something we've seen him do already. Overcoming the shame and guilt of a lifetime of violence while embracing his new mortality is much more compelling than just having him fight till he drops dead. His death didn't seem significant to him, there needed to be a sacrifice involved, some acknowledgement that he is choosing to die to make it really stick.
>>
>>80340874
>tell her everything's alright, and there aren't any more guns in the valley.
>turns the cross
>>
>>80338974
This is how low standards have become.

>Not as bad as all the other terrible Xmen movies
>Must be a masterpiece
>>
>>80348045
It wasn't even THAT gory. People lost limbs and whatnot, but it wasn't like they were ripping each others guts out.

The worst of it wasn't even from Wolverine or X-23. The guy who probably got it worst was the dude that got liquified by the whirlwind of treebark
>>
>>80341355
Me too almost
>>
I remember watching the animated Xmen series. Not the original but the ones in the early 2000s. I remember the episode with x23 and it was my favorite episode along with the final Apocalypse storyline.

I liked this movie.
>>
>>80349767
You are desensitized to violence if you don't think this film was gory.
>>
They've covered the girl's bones with adamantium just like her father.

Won't this prevent her bones from growing? Is she going to be stuck in that body for the next 30 years before she too dies of adamanitum poisoning?
>>
>>80349992
I'm not sure if you're baiting.

The movie states that Laura's adamantium is only on her claws.
>>
>first two acts of the film is the most downbeat blockbuster I can recall watching, a capeshit film dealing with themes of mortality, aging, regret, and shame better than it had any reasonable expectation to

>final third is every X-men ending but with more blood. Logan just drops dead after taking too many hits, all villains are killed unceremoniously. His death has more to do with basic morality trying to save children than any deeper reflection on his life and impending death, or his relationship with Laura

What went wrong?
>>
>>80350167
>His death has more to do with basic morality trying to save children than any deeper reflection on his life and impending death, or his relationship with Laura

He's a broken down old husk and he know she could keel over dead any second. Saving those mutant kids and giving them a fighting chance to not end up a killer or a pawn for someone wanting to use them is all he's got left in him. If you couldn't glean that from him taking that X factor drug and going on a suicide mission then I suppose that's your own problem. The whole movie set it up fine. They didn't have to beat you over the head with it at the end
>>
File: 123123.png (33KB, 126x120px) Image search: [Google]
123123.png
33KB, 126x120px
>>80350443
>>He's a broken down old husk and he know she could keel over dead any second. Saving those mutant kids and giving them a fighting chance to not end up a killer or a pawn for someone wanting to use them is all he's got left in him.

But he was supposed to get away. He was supposed to live out his days on the ocean with Charles and Caliban.

it's not fair.
>>
>>80350443
I get all that, I just felt the movie was reaching for bigger things for a while before settling into a pretty underwhelming heroic sacrifice bit

Charles was the much more tragic character, and a much better performance too. Stewart doesn't seem to be getting enough credit for the range he puts into Xavier
>>
>>80340584
haha true
>>
>those spics getting decimated at the start
>>
X23 tells Wolverine that in her nightmares people hurt her, Wolverine tells her that in his nightmares he hurts other people. X24 is Wolverine's living nightmare of being a mindless killing machine. It's practically spelled out in the movie but plebs still don't get it.
>>
It should have been Sabretooth, desu. Huge missed opportunity.
>>
File: 1488492983854.jpg (19KB, 426x314px) Image search: [Google]
1488492983854.jpg
19KB, 426x314px
>>80341355
I just got back from seeing it. Fuck that killed me
>>
>>80350788
He's long dead.
>>
>>80350788
He'll be in the sequel, Laura and the MeX-Men
>>
>>80338974
A fucking masterpiece. If only Marvel and DC trash were even half as good as this
>>
>>80346967
I knew he wasn't talking to Logan the second they showed his shadow and not his face. Too obvious
>>
This movie has the GoT effect. If you kill some plot relevant characters for some fast drama, you can fool the plebs that the overall bad plot is also interesting and great.

Everything outside of the story surrounding the death of the X-men, Xavier and Wolverine was meh tier.
>>
>>80338974
This movie was a kick in the balls. Dont care what most people think about their deaths, it was perfect.

They sacrificed themselves to give a new generation a better chance.

The whole fucking thing is so damn down to earth and tragic, its beautiful.

I give it the terminator 2 award.
>>
>>80351361
Maigold said brining him back was originally planned. Wolverine would go looking for him to help out, only for him to get killed off quick.
>>
>>80347286

Why is it meaningless just because wolverine didn't kill the x-men?
It's been a defining point of his character's history since the beginning
>>
>>80350167

None of that sounds wrong to me
>>
>>80350530

I think that's really what lies behind most people's complaints about how his death was dramatic or meaningful enough.
>>
>>80351580

Didn't notice till xavier did
>>
>>80338974
who better to kill wolverine than wolverine?
>>
>>80340640
Which while more or less accurate to the comics, makes no sense. Adamantium has to be chemically inert or you could dissolve it with acid, which you can't. Therefore it can't be poisonous. A more realistic approach would have been to state that it kept him from creating new red blood cells by blocking access to the bone marrow.
>>
>>80352422
And thats why it has so much impact. Charles Xavier, who fought for mutant rights and saved the world nonetheless several times over, just dies an old sick man who gets stabbed. No heroics, no recognition, just a shallow grave in the woods.
>>
>>80350608
>Charles was the much more tragic character, and a much better performance too. Stewart doesn't seem to be getting enough credit for the range he puts into Xavier

Totally agreed. Especially when you see how fucking blandly McAvoy plays him.
>>
>>80352640

Yeah that's how i felt. Totally consistent with the tone of he film.
You're just like " Fuck. That sucks." And where in most superhero movies you'd be thinking xavier and wolverine would recover, in this one you're just like "yeah, that's the end of that"
>>
Gonna miss the Jackman bros, I hope they don't cast some manlet
>>
>>80352883
its strange that hes also in my favorite movie ever. the fountain
>>
>>80353005
the fountain is seriously underrated kino
the graphic novel is lovely too
>>
>>80352883
I really can't see anyone else doing it. It's not like Batman or Bond where a new guy plays him every decade, he's been the only Wolverine ever and has been him for 17 years.
>>
>>80353311
can't seem anyone else bringing the heart that he did to it either
>>
>>80353311
I like the idea of Loli Wolverine taking the mantle, but how can she go from this, to the standard capeshit style X-Men movies?
>>
File: the-fountain-movie-image.jpg (700KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-fountain-movie-image.jpg
700KB, 1920x1080px
>>80353078
its literally a 10/10 movie. only one i can think of other than the fellowship maybe

one of my lifes great regrets that ill never get to see it in imax for the great music and visuals
>>
>>80350752
evil clone storyline isn't creative or good its like one of those most played out tropes in history
>>
>>80352506
Batman
>>
>>80338974

i thought the pic in op was rick from twd. whelp
>>
>>80340974
Gave it a bigger connection to Logan's past
>>
File: 1486014726391.jpg (157KB, 998x810px) Image search: [Google]
1486014726391.jpg
157KB, 998x810px
>>80352506
professor x who mind bullets him as a mercy killing to save logan from the immense and constant pain hes in at the end of his life

and then x meditates and drifts off into the aether to play chess with ayyliums for the rest of time
>>
>>80352640
There's water.
>>
>>80340204
Just because he wasn't fighting some mega villian on the astral plane? Go kill yourself you dweeb
>>
>>80340584
Why be a cunt?
>>
>>80349395
Out on the ocean, Xavier cant hurt anyone if he has a seizure and Logan is tough enough to subdue him when it does happen. When Xavier dies it would have been Logans cue to blow his brains out.

How is none of that obvious?
>>
>>80355895
because the current gen can't understand subtly and needs everything overly explained to them
honestly every question i've seen here about the movie was answered in the movie if you paid attention and connected the dots
>>
>>80340974
They say he's just a new born so that's probably all its grown. He'd probably never had a single haircut yet
>>
>>80355964
This. I loved how they didn't spoonfeed everything to you. Most people probably missed the fact that They spread the virus through corn products and it affected living Mutants as well as the mutant gene. Thats why Logan was susceptible to adamantium poisoning
>>
>>80340305
This makes sense, and is huge for the character. Killing off a bunch of students isn't just an excuse. It shows the severity of the situation
Corn spread a virus to get rid the mutant gene, it also weakened living Mutants, making Xavier lose control and Logans healing to go down so He could get poisoned
>The entire first 30 minutes dedicated to elevating the film to an R rating
The entire movie was R, it wasn't tacked on
>>
>>80340305
You're right about the questions about where the other x men are but the movie is based on a comic where Logan was the one to kill all the x men (villain mindfucked him he thought they were intruders in the x mansion) so the prof x subplot was an adaptation of that comic story. At least they somewhat approached the source material
>>
>>80338974
>the final Wolverine movie is also the one that ends up proving Magneto right
JUST
U
S
T
>>
File: 1489276751986.jpg (215KB, 651x647px) Image search: [Google]
1489276751986.jpg
215KB, 651x647px
>Kids are trained to be merciless violent killers
>They all run away like cockroaches instead of fighting
>They all gang up on one dude instead of helping Logan against Clonegan
>Implying the Canadian government would accept a bunch of illegal test-tube mutant babies
>Implying the Canadian government wouldn't want to kill these rogue child soldiers as well
>>
>>80356555
>tfw magneto most likely already died of old age by then
>>
oh no kid movie spoiwews
>>
>>80346902
The cholos did run
>>
Anyone got a good rip to watch?
>>
>>80357121
Your local cinema has a pretty good one
>>
>>80357121
Its like 8 dollars for a theater ticket.
>>
>>80357189
>https://solarmovie.sc/movie/logan-19736/595786-8/watching.html
Yeah, no
I'm good with paying the jews
>>
>>80357243
thats 3 gallons of gas
>>
>>80357260
This is like the most creatively satisfying hollywood movie in a while, and its a superhero movie. If you don't support it, we'll keep getting Marvel-tier shit
>>
>>80357287
And its chump change. Even if you work below min, wage, that isn't jack shit
>>
>>80341355
retarded faggot, crying over something that isn't REAL, pussy disgrace to manhood.
>>
>>80338974

X did died tons of time like a shit in the comics, even know is death and is fucking was even stolen by Red Skull.
>>
>>80357260
>>80357307
i saw it in the theater first for $5 matinee, and then watched the cam the next day, the cam is shit and really you miss out on the performances and weight of it all
generally i don't mind cams but here i think it really is a disservice
>>
>>80357243

Costs $20 here, then I have to buy the seat next to me so no one sits next to me
>>
>tfw I didn't expect Hugh to be this good
What are some essential Jackman kinos?
>>
This movie sucked dick.
>>
File: 2523532.jpg (68KB, 680x830px) Image search: [Google]
2523532.jpg
68KB, 680x830px
I can't wait for Marvel to reboot the X-Men in 10 years or so because Hollywood is fucking shit.
>>
File: 1440581856095.jpg (25KB, 420x564px) Image search: [Google]
1440581856095.jpg
25KB, 420x564px
>>80341355
I cried like a bitch when Professor X died.
Logan's death didn't really hit me that hard.
>>
>>80341981
>because the question of what exactly happened to all the other X-Men isn't important to the film

In Old Man Logan, which this is very loosely based off of, Wolverine is the one who killed off the X-Men.
>>
>>80357803

granted. but this movie is not Old Man Logan
>>
>>80357692
>reboot
they already set up the next group of xmen
>>
>>80349605

What on earth are you talking about? He literally took the entire serum knowing full well it would kill him in order to save the new mutants from being captured and becoming the weapon they made him. He made the ultimate sacrifice.
>>
>>80357543
>then I have to buy the seat next to me so no one sits next to me
Autism is a hell of a drug.
>>
File: The Fountain_seed.jpg (64KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Fountain_seed.jpg
64KB, 1920x1080px
>>80353005
>>80353078
>>80353657
Hell yea mates.
>>
>>80338974
>a wooden branch peirced through Loagns adamantium back bones and rib cage
WOOD IS NOW STRONGER THAN ADAMANTIUM, THANKS LOGAN,
retarded writing
>>
Why where they vulnerable in Mexico and the U.S., but Canada is a safe haven?
>>
>>80357927
They'd be committing to setting the next X-Men in the near-future then. This movie is already 2029, when all those kids grow up we will be in the 2030s.

Also, all of the kids were sorta ambiguously bi-racial and had accents, except the fat black kid. He was black as night and had a typical fat american kid accent, was kinda taking me out of it.
>>
>>80358508
He got stabbed below the ribs. There are no bones there. Bones are adamatium, not muscles or skin you fucking shit
>>
>>80338974
I like that just before Xavier dies, he kinda remember what happiness is after what seems to be several hard and painful years.
But the random clone kinda cheapens it. Also the movie doesn't build up very well to the death of Xavier.

I would have preferred that the movie spend more time at the beginning developing the Logan/Xavier situation. I know that in comparison with other cape heroes movie this one had less action in it, but i feel it's still to much to let enough room for psychological and character development. The pitch is great, but is should have been made more clear that Logan doesn't have the means to fight anymore and must hide and keep a low profile. Instead he's still kicking ass, why didn't he just kick some bad guy ass, take their money and buy his boat ?
Same thing with Xavier situation. It doesn't seem as hopeless as it should have been. 20 seconds of him going retard on his chair and the "seizure" isn't enough. Especially so with the foreshadowing when Caliban explain that Xavier was having telepathic conversation with someone.

Having Logan refusing to fight just like in Old Man Logan could have strengthened the meaning of the movie. Removing Caliban and cutting on the action scene to make more room for Xavier and showing the harshness of watching someone you care about fade in front of your eyes because of old age/medication. Especially when you don't have the means to make it easier for him. I also feel like more care was needed on the dilemma that Laura bring. Giving Xavier salvation and closure before a certain death, or Logan selfishly holding onto the last friend even if it mean the later living in alienating and degrading conditions.king.
>>
>>80358617
>all of the kids were sorta ambiguously bi-racial and had accents
just what hollywood wants
>>
>>80359009

Still keeping on the no fighting Logan, it would have been cool as a spectator to feel the frustration of seeing the wolverine voluntarily making it harder on himself and then at the death of Xavier, watching him loose it and finally getting his claws out, only for him to struggle in a gut wrenching but touching way.

Also, having Xavier nearly getting killed at the beginning, coming back from the brink of death, then having him killed by Logan clone would have been more heartbrea
>>
>>80359009
>But the random clone kinda cheapens it
This. It's goofy, especially at the emotional crux of the film.

Agreed on Logan fighting as well, which is what I meant in this>>80349605
>>80357979 post. Logan was just a weak version of himself all film. The green shit got him up to par to save the kids, a desperate act but one that never seemed outside the realm of possibility for him. I never once doubted he would act to save them. His decision to do it doesn't mean much when he is fighting past his possible breaking point all film
>>
>>80340174
>film adaptation of heroes best known with adjectives like "Uncanny" and "Amazing"
>boring sepia tone filter low-budget road flick

The trick to making superhero kino is to just make a movie not about super-heroics.
>>
>the boob scene
>>
>>80359159
And also I didn't feel like the movie did a great job at showing how each blow and gun shot is devastating to him now, at least not during the fight scene as the aftermath is clearly shown. Maybe some slower cut and clearer choreography like those in Nolan's Batman movie.
>>
>>80338974
Guzzle down a bottle of bleach you utter pleb.
>>
>>80349929
you haven't seen a single intensely violent movie, if you think this one is "gorey"
which is more reasonable, anon is emotionally stunted, or you haven't seen a lot of movies?
i'm wagering the latter
>>
Nah. It was by Far the best xmen film
>>
>>80355627
No, pretty much what this>>80340907
guy said though.
>>
>>80359742
by some metrics, that isn't saying much
>>
>>80359686
I agree with you. Here the violence is quite mild and even felt overused. If your movie doesn't need gut wrenching violence or over the top gore, just use keep on a normal level.
>>
>>80359949
I think this problem will slow down once R-rated movies come back into the fold again. Execs are so goddamn nervous though that they assume every R rated movie has to be John Wick to make money.
>>
>>80343771
DELETE THIS
>>
>>80360460
Just went and re watched The Raid 2 after Logan and it's one gritting fight scene after another. Granted that this film is 90% about fighting, but what i wouldn't give for more classic Hollywood action film with good fight scene like John Wick or Dredd.
>>
>>80360589
I watch Dredd once a year. I feel your pain. That movie could have been inserted perfectly into the 80s and nobody would have noticed.
>>
>>80341987
It's both you dumb cuckold. The adamantium has been killing him for decades but his healing factor negated it, now that the anti mutant chemicals have weakened his healing factor the adamantium is fucking him up.
>>
I don't like the GMO poisoning at all, it's more tragic and dramatic to have the source of Wolverine's power be what kills him. It's symbolic, the thing that lets him kill so easily is tormenting him mentally and physically
>>
>>80355698
How am I being a cunt?
>>
>>80360838
Did the Dredd sequel campaign went anywhere ?
>>
>>80361137
I don't think so. The petition got a bunch of signatures and whatnot but it still never found someone to foot the bill.

Damn shame. If they had just waited a few fucking years until after Deadpool and now Logan they could have made Dredd into a hit. But it was just too far ahead of its time for capeshit. Everybody still had Marvel cock deep in their throats. People seem to be getting bored of the same old though judging by the success of these movies.
>>
>>80361061
But...that's literally what happens in the movie! The GMO are stoping the mutant gen from spreading, that's why no more mutants have born in like 20 years.

Logan in being poisoned by adamantium and his body can no longer regenerate, meaning that he is also roting little by little
>>
>>80341923
correct
>>
>>80340584
>missing the symbolism entirely
>>
>>80356742

They were going to join the Canadian X-men. They're like American X-men but they wear plad and say "eh" a lot and are way too nice.
>>
logan was ok at best
people think it's a great movie because of the gore & deaths
>>
how exactly did giving wolverine more adamantium heal him?
>>
>Proclaim to hate capeshit
>Get mad when Wolverine doesn't go out like some badass

I don't get it.
>>
>>80364362
What?
He gave his life to fight one last fight to protect Laura.
>>
I kinda liked that the last arch was dumb action with a super pissed off Logan fucking shit up. A homage to those other terrible X-men films
>>
>>80357692
10 years is optimistic as shit dude, I give them 3 max
>>
>>80365048

They need a roided out man-let wildman to play the next wolverine. As great as Jackmen was, he wasn't anywhere close the body-type Logan should be.

Currently there is no A-list celeb that fits that bill.
>>
>>80338974
>professor x death meaningless
Debateable

>logan's death meaningless
You're a fool
>>
>>80365137
It's just bait.

Both had purpose and were both emotional.
>>
I need da gurl
>>
>>80365217
what accent did this guy have? it was cool af.
>>
>>80365308
Texan
>>
>Has over a hundred years of military training
>Fights by angrily waving his claws around with no strategy
What was his problem?
>>
>>80365308
what? just texan? it didnt sound like a stereotypical texan one... i kinda feel like doing that drive pasta and start acting like this dude.
>>
>>80365308
Southern

Texan to be specific
>>
File: IMG_8058.jpg (34KB, 638x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8058.jpg
34KB, 638x332px
>>80365217
>mfw his death

This film really shit the bed overall. I still liked it, but not really because of the film itself. It'd be worthless without 17 years of setup.

>Smartphone voice-over exposition
>Generic Science Man Antagonist
>The entire Final Act/Everything after X-23 takes the wheel
>>
>>80365364
dying
>>
File: Audible kekking.png (232KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
Audible kekking.png
232KB, 500x456px
>>80343771
Well earned (you)
>>
I think the least believable part of this movie was that the eugenicist trans-national shadow corporation was afraid of the Canadian government
>>
>>80341981
>>80342169
I agree, but you can rationalize that by saying that at that point we didn't know that the "tracker" was still alive, from their point of view.

They didn't know they were being chased that closely
>>
File: limmy.png (78KB, 274x315px) Image search: [Google]
limmy.png
78KB, 274x315px
>Big Tex and Monsanto Nazi were barely scratched by a grenade going off just a few feet from them
>Caliban died for nothing
>>
>>80367535
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this.
>>
File: Spagpepe.jpg (30KB, 570x421px) Image search: [Google]
Spagpepe.jpg
30KB, 570x421px
Wolverine dies because he's like 200+ years fucking old at this point and he's been fighting off metal poisoning 24/7 since he had adamantium moulded around his skeleton you dense cunts he has an INCREASED healing factor not a fucking limitless one you absolute retards kys.
>>
>>80338974
Im not that much a fan of X man, so deaths did not have se impact in me.
But yeah, I think they were done perfect. Dinner scene, everyone chills and stuff, Logan gets new bff, and shit gets real really fast. I liked the part in the end were the black guy shoots Logan clone, and then turns to kill Logan.
If I have one problem with thia movie, is that it took two really shitty wolverine movies, before we could get amazing one.
>>
>>80338974
Should have been sabertooth, but all the previous films shit all over the his character that it wouldn't have made the same impact. I would have been happy with at least omega red than a cliche clone.
>>
>>80367966
Honestly thought it was Sabretooth at first.
>>
>>80343771
Go to hell
>>
>>80356742
The move to Canada really bothered me.
Why does crossing the border mean Transigen can't come after them? What they were doing was already illegal in Mexico and the US.
>>
>>80356742
>>80368053
Because the renments of the X-men are in Canada lead by Cyclops.
>>
>>80368102
Charles killed him.
>>
>>80368146
No Charles only killed seven x-men and he never said Cyclops was one of them.
>>
>>80368102
If they're willing to fuck with Wolverine and Professor X, why on earth would they be intimidated by Cyclops? Why would the X-Men only operate in Canada?
>>
>>80362952
what was the symbolism?
>>
Professor X goes fucking senile due to Alzheimers, having seizures that set off his powers, killing several x-men which are implied to be main cast members. Logan flees to Mexico with him to keep him safe and others safe from him. He locks him in a fucking shed where between his meds he goes off his rocker and lives a very undignified life. He openly criticizes Logan, as he can't remember the event where he killed innocent people, questioning why the fuck he's living like this.
Logan is trying to make money so they can buy a boat and be away from people, somewhere safe for the two of them.
Then all the shit that sets the movie happens, the two of them bond some more and Charles remembers what happened. He tells Logan he finally understands him, he's a responsible, caring man who puts his life down the shit shoot to take care of the man who took him in and helped him over the years - and is effectively a father figure.
But it turns out Charle's isn't talking to Logan. He's talking to a clone who stabs him and kills him. In his final moments while Logan holds him in his arms, Logan tearfully keeps saying it wasn't me - he can't stand to think that Charles thought it was him who killed him.
Charles' last words are about the boat. When they can finally be happy and safe.
Logan buries him by a lake. There's water.
>>
File: 1485912456311.jpg (29KB, 652x457px) Image search: [Google]
1485912456311.jpg
29KB, 652x457px
>its a "/tv/ hates it because its comic book related" episode
>>
File: MY LOGAN MEME OC.jpg (135KB, 748x710px) Image search: [Google]
MY LOGAN MEME OC.jpg
135KB, 748x710px
Just did this
>>
File: im fine.jpg (63KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
im fine.jpg
63KB, 550x825px
>>
>>80365308
Kentucky. That's where Boyd is from
>>
File: 2.jpg (100KB, 550x834px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
100KB, 550x834px
>>80368637
>>
>>80368637
>>80368693

Probably the dumbest moment since Wolverine was called Logan for the first time
>>
File: 1451185021065.png (52KB, 134x181px) Image search: [Google]
1451185021065.png
52KB, 134x181px
>>80338974
>he doesn't understand the significance of the clone
>>
>That scene when Logan is trying to tell Charles that it was not him who stabbed him, hoping that in his death he will know the truth.
I did not want that feel.
>>
>>80368748
I doubt you did.
>>
>>80368748
understanding the significance (personification of his rage & animalism) didn't make it feel anything less like a Terminator Genisys-esque, hacky twist, especially with the lack of nuance he was introduced with. Even in the theater I felt like they had jumped the shark, it was needless to make it as pulpy as it was.
>>
>>80342209
they put in corn syrup
no mutant births and affects powers
its why logan was dying from adamantium poisoning and charles had autistic spasms
>>
>>80369452
*genetic modifications to wipe out mutants in corn syrup
>>
>>80338974
>meaningless death
his life was already meaningless
>>
>>80368639
This. Can confirm. Am from that hellhole.
>>
>>80342209
>t when did they imply that it was affecting the mutants?
the prof who did it said in the woods.

So basically Logan and co should've just go living on BIOfoods, and they would've get better... lol. Retards should've hide on a farm, being famers instead of that desert..
>>
>>80367535
this made me really mad for what was otherwise fairly good
>>
>>80368184
I'll leave the analysis of Xavier's death to someone else I saw it just as a manifestation of brutal realism - no matter who you are you can die like a bitch, without warning, fighting or second chances, but the symbolism of Logan's death is pretty obvious: he was killed by himself - but at the same time someone he used to be and regrets having been (violent merciless beast), someone he almost got turned into (an actual complete walking weapon), and thus someone who is an enhanced version of himself (merciless, complete, purposeful, and also stronger and younger).
An embodiment of his inner demon.
>>
>>80340305
>>80341900
I don't think Logan is a bad movie. But it's completely overrated? Like, Westerners are so easily impressed by darkness and grittiness. It's like their life's blood. Add that to any movie and it gets an automatic +2 points.
>>
File: 1462153365198.jpg (63KB, 524x456px) Image search: [Google]
1462153365198.jpg
63KB, 524x456px
>>80369676
>killed by an old him who he has already overcome within the runtime itself and in several films before
>people see this as meaningful
also
>doing the brutal and sudden death thing that countless dramas have done before and better
>some that this film is openly borrowing from (Children of Men, The Road)

I have no goddamn idea why people are calling this a masterpiece.
>>
Okay /tv/
What the fuck is in Canada if its based of the Comics?
That young guy was on the radio to someone in their little base of operations confirming co-ordinates.

Someone fill me in here.
>>
>>80369883

It was a macguffin, it has nothing to do with the comics, don't let anyone tell you it's stupid shit like Alpha Flight or whatever.

This movie isn't a giant easter egg hunt.
>>
>>80340305
add the shitty
>I'm big bad government corporation bountyhunter, but STOP THEM BEFORE THEY GET TO TE BORDER BECAUSE I CANT/WONT GO THE BORDER EVENTHOUGH I'M THE BIG BAD
>>
>>80338974
thats how youre going to judge whether this movie was good or not? sad
>>
File: 1479968282558.jpg (93KB, 1179x883px) Image search: [Google]
1479968282558.jpg
93KB, 1179x883px
>>80369339
It was absolutely necessary. Without the clone, there would have been nothing concrete to show that X-23 had "killed" his past (symbolized by the clone). Not only that, but the only other person who would have killed Charles is the ebul company scientist guys and that would have completely ruined the idea that the type of life Logan and Charles live, leads to the death of innocent, regular life (Black Family), emphasized further by the fact that the X-23 and Logan had to forcefully segregate themselves with their own kind to obtain any sort of peace.

Take out the clone and have the PMC guys kill Xavier and you basically nullify any depth the latter half of the movie had.
>>
File: 1468936758569.jpg (72KB, 305x346px) Image search: [Google]
1468936758569.jpg
72KB, 305x346px
>Contrarians starting to hate the first good capeshit we've had in years because they cant think of any other way to be relevant other than shit talking something that is objectively decent at worst
>>
File: capeshit brains.jpg (288KB, 852x1530px) Image search: [Google]
capeshit brains.jpg
288KB, 852x1530px
>>80370017
>>
>>80369978
maybe it's late but these arguments actually got to me. I think they could have handled it a little more tactfully but conceptually it works, and honestly strengthens the movie in retrospect.

I just.. I wanted him to go to canada and live a happy life, you know? Why couldn't he be strong enough to overcome his old life, all the shit he was put through?
>>
it was a great movie (for a being a superhero movie).
shits all over the recent super hero flicks

-no quips
-action scenes where i can actually see what the fuck is happening
-no RDJ
-no quips
>>
File: nope.gif (420KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
420KB, 400x300px
>>80370017

> Corporate cum guzzlers pretending just because it's not hot garbage like every other capeshit movie it should be deified and not receive any criticism whatsoever.
>>
>>80369978
Uh I think you mean X-24.
X-23 is his daughter...
>>
>when you want to find a way to kill off wolverine so you set the film in the future where wolverine is old and weak
>>
>>80371552
Why wouldn't putting him in an adamantium cage at the bottom of the ocean or launched into space work?
>>
>>80338974
I really liked Xavier's death. The poor guy was out of his mind, and in his one lucid moment shows complete remorse and horror at his own actions, killing off the other X-Men. All he has left in the world is Logan, and his biggest fear is that he'll lose him, too.
When in this rare, lucid moment, his surrogate son, all he has left in the world, also turns on him, stabbing him through the chest, Xavier has finally got what he believes he deserves. It's a horrific moment, and it's far more complex than you're making it seem.
In this moment, he is in a safe place, of sound mind, and with the one person in the world who loves him, and who forgave him.

It's merciless, and it's visceral, and if it didn't affect you on an emotional level, that's okay, but to speak of it in such a contemptuous way is a little unreasonable, I think.
>>
>>80359165
>saving a gang of innocent children who just want to live a free and happy life from marauding hitmen
>not super-heroic
?
>>
>>80338974

You are pathetic

As if you didnt get choked up at

>This was without a doubt the most perfect night i have had in a very long time.....and i don't deserve it...do I?

or

>So...this is what it feels like
>>
>>80369676
(not to mention the adamantium bullet meant to be used for suicide is what kills the clone)

Im not crazy about the whole clone thing that was going on, but the metaphor is definitely there.
>>
>>80371922
>when she starts calling him "daddy"
I was fucking sobbing, the "this is what it feels like" line was obviously necessary in some form, but weak af compared to the whole father-daughter thing getting nailed shut. Brutal.
>>
>>80340305

DC cuck on suicide watch

>the post
>>
File: 1eastwood.jpg (22KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
1eastwood.jpg
22KB, 700x467px
>tfw people watch a movie and can't understand why character is dying when it's explained 3 times and has a plot macguffin tied to it

Some of ya'll need some good ol' fashioned kys.
>>
File: 452226.jpg (81KB, 1009x782px) Image search: [Google]
452226.jpg
81KB, 1009x782px
>>80340305

Agreed, the second half is particularly Schlocky only with extra 'fucks' and head stabbing.

I still enjoyed it but it's nothing more than good by Capeshit standards
>>
>>80372215
>second half particularly shlocky
meh, only the clone. most everything about the whole family thing up until the clone shows up is literally the least shlocky parts of the movie
"Here's Wolverine at the dinner table!"
"Here's Wolverine helping a dude fix his water!"
It was domestic as fuck, thats why it was like the best part of the movie
>>
>>80371842
100% agree
>>
you lads needs to look up what schlocky is cause this movie aint that
>>
>>80356450
>The entire movie was R, it wasn't tacked on
It felt like all the violence and cursing was tacked on and unnecessary. Does it really add anything to make the fight scenes a bit more graphic and have Wolverine say a naughty word now and then?
>>
>>80372524
>Does it really add anything to make the fight scenes a bit more graphic and have Wolverine say a naughty word now and then?
It's always felt a little silly in X2 and The Wolverine where he's stabbing and hacking goons all over the joint and we never see any blood.

There were three parts that sort of stood out to me as unnecessarily "adult".
>the first word in the entire film being "fuck"
>Xavier saying "fuck" somehow felt really wrong
>the random bitch showing her tits in the limo

Everything else felt fine to me, honestly.
>>
Anyone else think of /tv/ when Laura was riding the mechanical pony?
>>
>>80359165
Sepia? Only in the desert scenes, which is naturally sepia. The rest wasn't sepia.
>>
>>80371842
So much this.

Xaviers arc is what elevated this movie from mediocre tier to great tier. And if only the third act was better the movie would have been Godtier
>>
File: safaf2323trw34t34t4.jpg (260KB, 734x672px) Image search: [Google]
safaf2323trw34t34t4.jpg
260KB, 734x672px
>>80338974
The Wolverine clone was Wolverine but in his prime and berserk all the time.

There's not many superheroes let alone movie characters that would be shamed to die fighting that.
>>
EVERYONE I KNOW GOES AWAY
>>
>>80365076
tall western cowboy look that huge jackedman gives him is superior
>>
>mute character finally says something
>"you can talk?"
>>
>>80340305
>>Nosferatuman could have resolved the plot by not being a retard who leaves his gun in the front seat when he's trying to execute an unconscious guy
He was never going to execute him, his job was just to go dump him away from the compound while Logan and Charles get ready to leave.

I swear you retards have the attention span of a goldfish sometimes.
>>
>>80340305
>>Logan's healing factor is failing because... age?
Adamantium poisoning you fucking idiot.
>>
>>80373091
DR ZEUS DR ZEUS
>>
File: dr zaius.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dr zaius.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>80373148
>>
>>80373148
beat me too it
>>
>>80352638
Maybe the strength of the metal degrades over a long time, and it's slowly seeping into his blood
>>
>>80372524
The R rating also helped them make a more "mature" movie where they can go at a slower pace in scenes and didn't have to make a movie for an ADD audience that needs to have constant action and quips every 10 minutes to keep people's attention
>>
>>80372300
>>80372215

X-24 is pleb filter.
>>
>>80373376
>didn't have to make a movie for an ADD audience that needs to have constant action
So why did they?
>>
>>80371842
this
>>
>>80342169
>Neither Xavier nor Logan are characters who are irresponsible enough to endanger an innocent family
Xavier was pretty much gone by this point in time, he pretends to be ok but he probably cant even remember what they were running away from.

and Logan is old as fuck, half blind and also loosing his shit.

yeah the whole scene is still contrived as fuck, but reasons to why they would stop to rest are there.
>>
Movie was rated MA15
>>
File: IMG_1122.jpg (26KB, 263x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1122.jpg
26KB, 263x350px
I really liked the movie and think it's one of the best comic book movies. One of the things that just got to me was that it just felt way too tragic. Which is good sense that was the tone of this movie and it did a good job. It's just for me it kinda ruins all the other x movies for me thinking that all the times they saved the world and prof x building a safe haven and wolverine finding peace, just all ends tragically. Again I know that's what the movie wanted but personally I just wanted to see the x men have a happy ending, like despite its flaws I liked the way it ended in apocalypse. I still liked this movie regardless and just like to view it as a complete solo wolverine/xmen film that has nothing to do with the previous films and has no connection. Cause this movie being a depressing bummer kinda makes all the other xmen movies a bummer

Also one thing I had to wonder about this was if Xavier had a seizure in the mansion and killed the men shouldn't Jean have been able to counter the professor and keep him more in control since she was more powerful than him?
>>
>>80373556
But she was killed by Huge Actman in the 3rd movie
>>
>>80373582
She was basically revived in apocalypse though.
>>
>>80373650
But that's a different timeline
>>
>>80373729
How could it be a diff timeline? It's all a part of the same time line since wolverines helped change the past. I just prefer seeing this film as completely solo. And all the other films ended with apocalypse.

Just like how Daren Aronofsky wanted the wolverine to be when he was about to direct it. Just have it be its own thing and is not a continuation of the previous movies
>>
>>80373582

Days of Future Past wiped out many of the events in X-3 including her death.
>>
So is Logan set in a alt timeline or is it in the DOFP one?
>>
>>80372976
Man that comic was dumb...well, almost all crossovers are dumb
>>
>>80374913
I thought that just created a separate timeline or something. Like the star trek thing.
>>
>>80374993
People reckon alt because in the good future of DOFP there are clearly kids in the mansion, but in Logan they say there hasn't been a mutant born for 25 years.
>>
>>80373556
>Apocalypse
You mean days of future past?
>>
>>80373729
Logan is in the same timeline as the ending of DoFP, in fact it happens 3 years after DoFP ending scene
>>
File: 1472902953667.jpg (63KB, 688x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472902953667.jpg
63KB, 688x500px
>>80375209
>Even in the supposed best timeline Wolverine never gets a happy ending
NOOOOO
>>
>>80375209
>>80375039
>>
>>80375209
How? The statue of liberty never happened in the new timeline and yet Charles remembers it.
>>
>>80338974
oh, I thought magneto and phoenix killed professor X in x-men 3
>>
>>80375286
Dude, I know it makes no sense but they're in the same timeline, writers and director said it.
>>
File: 1473346483754.jpg (116KB, 1159x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473346483754.jpg
116KB, 1159x900px
when Logan finds Charles stabbed by the clone and keeps saying, "It wasnt me Charles, it wasnt me" ;_;
>>
>>80375183
Oh yeah that's what I meant.

Well regardless I prefer seeing it as stand alone and separate. Comics do it so the movies can be seen that way too

Plus the whole timeline is pretty fucky anyway so I like to see it my way
>>
>>80375428
>Aint me starts playing
If they pretend to make a sad scene why do they ruin it with this comedy gold moments?
>>
>>80375039
>>80375209
The director admitted that he fucked this up on twitter. I doubt they really know what they're doing.
>>
>>80375311
Because it did, History went downt he same just a bit different,
>>
>>80375525
Kek
>>
>>80350891
no it didnt
>>
>>80375209
Timelines are sort of irrelevant to the film.
All that matters is the here and the now of the narrative, and the sense of an ending regardless of the precise details of what came before.
>>
>>80375758
>Coherence is stupid
Ok

They could have said "this is it's own timeline" though, it's pretty easy, only 5 words that even a kid can mutter, yet they stressed the fact that it isn't its own timeline and that it's very tied to the other movies
>>
>>80375932
>"Not in this timeline!"
>Logan winks at the camera

bit much
>>
>the black kid had lightning powers
ALWAYS WITH THIS
Why is it always lightning powers?
>>
>>80376464
I meant the writers and the director, not the actual characters

I assumed this movie was its own thing...till those mongs started spreading the notion that this was tied to DotFP ending
>>
>>80375932
I thought I saw in IMDb that the director said this was stand alone
>>
>>80369883
nothing it just represents a place outside the control of the people after them.

You can take your merc company into mexico but you can't take it into Canada.
>>
>>80376852
No, that was Hugeman, he said this movie was it's own thing, Mangold "corrected" him saying he didn't mean as separated from the other movies in a different timeline, that Logan takes place exactly 4 (?) years after DoFP ending blablabla
>>
Fuck you.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.