[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this what killed summer blockbusters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: marvel in billions.jpg (251KB, 1175x679px) Image search: [Google]
marvel in billions.jpg
251KB, 1175x679px
Is this what killed summer blockbusters?
>>
>>80334057
>posts list of blockbusters
>killed summer blockbusters
what?
>>
>>80334057
Where does the X-men fit into all of this?
>>
Yes, we need to go back to our patrician summer blockbuster Michael bay flicks.
>>
>>80334743
Marvel wish they were as good as Bay films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8i8mVxt258
>>
>>80334057
I look at the image and I feel like puking..

Why do people continue to eat this shit up?
>>
>>80334057
it killed auteur blockbusters
>>
File: bought reviewers.jpg (125KB, 758x876px) Image search: [Google]
bought reviewers.jpg
125KB, 758x876px
>>80335096
An elaborate marketing scheme that feeds into social media and critics as to increase peer pressure to watch every movie as to "fit in".
>>
>>80334743
Bay is an auteur with a vision. I don't like the Transformers movies but outside those Bay is great.
>>
>>80334057
>Is this what killed summer blockbusters?

No?
>>
>>80334057
I don't think it killed them

planet of the apes, edge of tomorrow, mad max, some x-men, all good recent summer blockbusters

what did we have before? harry potter, transformers, 20 different will smith movies, a bunch of shitty fantasy to cash in on lotr and gladiator, and even worse superhero movies than mcu
>>
File: Hulk-splash.jpg (98KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk-splash.jpg
98KB, 658x370px
>>80335193
MCU marks the absolute low point of superhero movies. We used to have movies by auteurs like Raimi, Lee and Del Toro. Now we have superhero movies made by Disney shareholders who have directors by the ball unable to express a single thing without board consent.
>>
>>80335224
Lee's Hulk was shit.
>>
>>80334057
I thought legion belonged to marvel, too?
>>
>>80335363
No it wasn't. Much better than MCU cartoon quips Hulk.
>>
>>80335224
I've only seen maybe three of them, and they were terrible, but no worse than what came before. better even

honestly if you're gonna make a soulless sequel to every fucking movie with no artistic integrity, you may as well get it done by a boardroom and not have a hot mess like x-men origins or spiderman 3, or all of the other shit from the 2000s no one even remembers like fantastic four or daredevil

>We used to have movies by auteurs like Raimi, Lee and Del Toro
no one stopped these guys from making blockbusters. in fact pacific rim is another good one to add to the list. the mcu has made people more hungry for self-contained genuine movies
>>
>>80334057

I am legitimately excited for Thor: Ragnarok. Planet Hulk meets What We Do In The Shadows.
>>
>>80335193
but back then at least superhero films got the ratings and reviews they deserved.
>>
>>80335504
true, but I don't see how that not being the case any more has killed summer blockbusters. if anything it's led to movies being created in opposition to disney's approach

I don't know, if you really care that much about rotten tomatoes or whatever you get what you deserve
>>
File: russo_brothers_.jpg (197KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
russo_brothers_.jpg
197KB, 1296x730px
>>80335378
>no one stopped these guys from making blockbusters
The studios did. They don't want to take risks hiring directors like that anymore. Better to hire some hack TV directors and then boss them around because they have zero integrity.
>>
>>80335372
That's a joint effort between Marvel and Fox, but isn't apart of the MCU universe. Plus this list is old as fuck.
>>
Summer blockbuster killed itself by being too fucking expensive of a thing. Studios don't even pay for the CGI but the budgets have tripled in just twenty years.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.