[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the great debate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: seinfeldvsfriends.jpg (56KB, 570x306px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeldvsfriends.jpg
56KB, 570x306px
the great debate.
>>
Friends = Reddit
Seinfeld = 4chan
>>
There's absolutely no debate here.
>>
>>80331497
Seinfeld is better written but too grim, Friends is lame but basically a good time and you might get a chuckle when Chandler shows up.
>>
Frasier.
>>
They're both terrible.
Seinfeld is far more overrated than Friends though.
>>
>>80331544
Literally the same comedic formula as The Big Bang Theory. Seriously, break down the gags and it's the exact same DUDE NERDS LMAO shit except replace nerds for yuppies.

Kill yourself stupid hipster.

Cheers however is legitimately well-written, that show is basically like treasure.
>>
>>80331544
This
>>
chandler was good before he became more normie
>>
File: sfr.png (65KB, 626x389px) Image search: [Google]
sfr.png
65KB, 626x389px
>>80331512
>>
>>80331585
>>80331585
Shame on you
Frasier is a fucking national treasure. Just because it took the timeslot of your simpsons reruns doesnt mean its baf.
>>
one of the first websites I found on the world wide web was something that hosted wav files or something from the show, i wish i could go back and download every file again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ1fPfIIgkI
>>
Seinfeld 100%. Friends is completely background noise tier.
>>
>>80331623
I can't believe you got fooled by that shit. Fuck me /tv/'s dumb. Go rewatch an episode and actually analyze the jokes and you'll see they're the same stupid sitcom fare as The Nanny, just dressed up in a different costume.
>>
Seinfeld
>>
>>80331766
I'm not dumb because i like other shows than you do. Frasier is a good show because the actors carry the show so well. The jokes are clever and yes its sitcom comedy so it looks like a lot of other sitcoms. If we follow your logic we can say Friends is shit because it looks like How I Met Your Mother. Youre the idiot here so fuck off
>>
>>80331497

Seinfeld characters:

>the anal one
>the dumb one
>the loser
>the girl

Friends characters:

>the dumb one
>the dumb one
>the dumb one
>the dumb one
>the dumb one
>the dumb one
>>
>>80331838
>The jokes are clever and yes its sitcom comedy so it looks like a lot of other sitcoms.
The jokes are not clever, they're bog standard sitcom style jokes. Seinfeld is clever comedy, although I'd never watch it because it's depressing. And neither Friends nor Mother is particularly good, but crucially both the actors and characters in Friends were more endearing.

Now that you mention it Mother was sort of like an unholy blend of Friends and Seinfeld. All the shitty jewish neurotic nonsense of Seinfeld with all the simplistic stupidity of Friends. Plus the intolerable Barney character. Man that show was fucking bad.
>>
>>80331956
That's not true. Ross is the neurotic one, Rachel is the ditz, Phoebe's the dingbat, Monica is the female-
Huh, I just realized Joey and Rachel are kind of the same character.
>>
File: IMG_7859.jpg (237KB, 990x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7859.jpg
237KB, 990x800px
Take your pleb shit off my board
>>
>>80332028

the point is any plotline on seinfeld had to be written for a particular character, while on friends you literally could have applied any story to any of them
>>
>>80331497
debate?
>>
>>80332125
The George and Jerry plotlines were pretty interchangeable to be honest. And Elaine and her crazy bosses had a definite Steinbrenner/Kruger feel. The only ones that were distinct were Elaine in relationships and Kramer's stories cuz he was crazy.
>>
>>80331497
All the jokes aside, both of these are extremely mediocre and quite dull in their formulas. It's all the same post modern "Ha ha things are bad and we are smart for recognizing that without doing anything about it" trash.
>>
>>80332181
Have you even watched Friends? It's a -
No, you're just a shitposter. The shows are very different. Seinfeld is pessimistic as fuck, Friends is almost mindlessly optimistic.
>>
>>80332181
Why do aspies have to bring up postmodernism every time in their critiques of popular entertainment?
>>
>>80332181
So? I love pointing out what's wrong and not doing anything about it. The "not doing anything about it" part is what makes it all so satisfying.
>>
>>80331544

Frasier and Friends. Both are the only comedies I enjoy binge re-watching.
>>
>>80332053

I can't enjoy a show where the main cast members are pukegustingly ugly.
>>
>>80332181
>parrots words in attempt to mask irl inferiority

>>80332231

he's not being aspie. he's being attention whore.
>>
>>80332016
>>80332016
Every sitcom has standard sitcom jokes you idiot. Ita about whether those jokes are good or cheap.
>>
>>80332686
>Every sitcom has standard sitcom jokes you idiot. Ita about whether those jokes are good or cheap.
Seinfeld didn't.
>>
>>80332686
Always Sunny doesn't, neither does Workaholics. King of the Hill was an animated sitcom and didn't have them either.
>>
>>80331497
Seinfeld is funnier
Friends is better overall

That's it.
>>
>>80332762
Dumb fuck
>>
>>80331497
married with children and scrubs are literally the only good sitcoms to have existed. actually is scrubs even a sitcom?
>>
Monica>Rachel>Phoebe>the dirt>the worms inside of the dirt>Elaine
>>
>>80332916

I FUCKING DISAGREE IT SHOULD BE

Monica>Rachel>Phoebe>the dirt>the worms inside of the dirt>>>>>>>>>>Elaine
>>
Seinfeld was good but the second half of the series should have had all the jokes that were good condensed into just one final season. Friends was unfunny from the start but maybe it's comfy for some people.

Also Elaine is a whore.
>>
>>80332447
>He doesn't wan't to fug every single cast member of Golden Girls
Pleb.
>>
>>80332053
>thank you for being a friend
>>
File: download (6).jpg (63KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
63KB, 500x637px
>>80331497
>not cheers x seinfeld
>>
>gf tells me I NEED to watch friends if I like Seinfeld
>she hasn't seen Seinfeld much at all and probably wouldn't pay attention if I put it on

Why are girls inherently fucking plebs
>>
>>80333991

You should already know she has questionable taste if she's dating you, anon.
>>
Would you a Janice, /tv/?
>>
>>80334111
One-night stand? Hell yea
Date? Hell no
>>
patrician tier
seinfeld

woman tier
friends

i think i'm too good for reddit tier
frasier
>>
>>80334026
I bet you're the guy I stole her from. Sucks for you
>>
>>80331497
Seinfeld, Friends is shit.
>>
Probably improve it since Chinks hate jews and balcks.
>>
>>80334401
Truth
>>
>>80331497

Seinfeld for the lulz, Friends for the Anistonopolis fapz.
>>
>>80334514
I am. That reminds me, how is my son doing?
>>
Seinfeld is comfy,Friends make me hate my life,everyone is having sex all the time and they are all best friends for life.
>>
File: pivottoman.png (465KB, 625x312px) Image search: [Google]
pivottoman.png
465KB, 625x312px
PIVOTING THIS THREAD
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.