[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Logan thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0101.jpg (107KB, 314x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0101.jpg
107KB, 314x466px
So what timeline does this movie take place?

It's not the one where the events of DoFP happened since professor X references how he met Logan in X1.

It's also not the one where the X-trilogy happened since Logan takes place in 2024 and the Sentinels turned the world to shit in 2023 of that timeline.
(Also why didn't the metal skeleton poison him in DoFP)

Is there a 3rd timeline made for the events of Logan in which the events of the X-trilogy happened and the sentinels didn't take over?
>>
Logan takes place in 2029*
>>
>>80326941
Thanks.
Point still stands tho
>>
>>80326907
Logan takes place in 2029.
It happens in the same timeline as DoFP as Professor X still met Logan in X1 of the same timeline, his adventures in the past were to just stop the Sentinels from existing then the timeline went the same way it originally did with Logan loosing his memory.
The Adamantium only started poisoning him because his mutant healing factor was being suppressed by all the gene treated foods.
>>
>>80326957
Yeah, Logan stands up on its own.

I've never seen any x-men movies but I do have an idea who and what they do to some extent.

So I think of it as a standalone movie.
>>
>>80327049
But Logan met professor X during his adventures of the past. Logan may have lost his memory but professor X would have remembered meeting Logan in DoFP.
Does professor X just not tell Logan that they met in the 70's?
>>
What's the relevant watching order for Logan anyway?

t. >>80327059
>>
Anyone else just some kind of visceral enjoyment from watching kids just utterly fuck up grown adults?
>that girl who literally shredded a guy to bits with a storm of leaves and bark
>>
>>80327191
Basically every Xmen movie not including First Class.
>>
>>80327273
no since it's an overdone and obnoxious trope in anime
>>
>>80326907
Yeah, the continuity is fucked, but I'm glad they didn't slave over the details, and instead just made it a great fucking movie.
>>
>>80327377
I don't watch anime so that must be why I like it
>>
File: IMG_0102.jpg (150KB, 871x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0102.jpg
150KB, 871x1200px
Tfw Logan is more of a sequel to Origins than it is a tie in to the other X-men movies.
>>
Yeh its fucked. It takes place only 5 years after the "good end" of DoFP. About the only complaint with the movie (besides the overall depressing story and ending)
>>
>>80327191
watch xmen 1 and 2
first class and days of future's past

rest are shit
>>
File: IMG_0103.jpg (222KB, 700x1047px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.jpg
222KB, 700x1047px
Could it be possible that Origins and Logan are the only movies in the franchise to actually happen?

We see that both the nurse, Laura, and the other mutant kids carry around X-men comic books in Logan and they sort of have a lack of experience in the real world.

All the other X-men movies have a more comic-book-like and light hearted tone and more fantastical mutant powers.
Sovertooth, for example, looks a lot more fantastical and cartoony in X1 than in Origins.
Logan even says that most of the stuff in the comics are exaggerated and downplays the Statue of Liberty events in X1.

Maybe all the other X men movies besides Logan and X1 are a mixture of the comic books in the movie and some stories the mutant children tell themselves to cope.
>>
>>80327995
I meant to say "Origins" instead of "X1" in my last sentence
>>
>>80327493
Is the Deadpool in this movie similar to the recent Deadpool film?
>>
>>80327146
Did you even watch DoFP? in the end Logan wakes up on the same date that he got sent back in the beginning of the movie and remembers everything that happened, excluding the events of the time jump since they happened slightly differently than in the original trilogy, he walks into Xavier's office perplexed that all of his friends are still alive and the school is still running, Charles even says "You're back!" when he realized that logan "woke up"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.