[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

stop liking popular films

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: armond.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
armond.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
stop liking popular films
>>
>>80326516
>implying I ever started
I was born patrician
>>
>>80326516
>Roger Ebert
I was overjoyed when I heard that this charlatan had finally died, but I was also saddened by the fact that he hadn't suffered that much before deciding that he could insult film criticism no longer. The pain and suffering that he went through is only a fraction of the evil that he inflicted on the millions of cinematically illiterate teenagers. When I found out that the old fart had finally decided to not assault the public with his adolescent approach to art, I pulled off the framed picture of Armond White from my wall, kissed it reverently, and immediately embarked on a Korine marathon. Good riddance, you jawless hack.
>>
File: IMG_1396.png (2MB, 1242x2208px)
IMG_1396.png
2MB, 1242x2208px
Is /tv/ the most cucked board?
>>
Grown Ups and Grown Ups 2 both masterpieces according to Armond
>his boyfriend loved them
>>
>Armond is a contrarian
you dumb redditor
>>
>>80326971
He is one, but not for the sake of being one, but for the sake of the argument itself.
>>
Arnold likes popular films like Transformers and Adam Sandler.
>>
>>80327262
Adam Sandler isn't a film you fucking simpleton cunt.
>>
>>80326971
Honestly if those are his actual opinions I have even less respect for him than if he's just baiting the internet to get clicks and get paid.
>>
File: ramona.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ramona.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>80327407
This. He's a flick at best, maybe a joint on a good day.
>>
File: 1488333356751.png (458KB, 655x704px) Image search: [Google]
1488333356751.png
458KB, 655x704px
The misunderstood critic
>>
>>80326649
I've never read anything from Armond where he talks about a boyfriend, for all his intimate knowledge of film, and his extremely descriptive detail of sexual themes in films, he strikes me as a celibate gay negro. Like the contradiction of Christianity and homosexuality has left him celibate.
>>
>when he misreads a movie and thinks people are going to hate it so he praises it
>everyone comes out praising it
>or vice versa

Rare, but it's happened a few times now. Now he just backpedals and changes the review.
>>
>>80329150
He's not even a contrarian though, just look at this list, a bunch of Steven Spielberg movies, and a bunch of Foreign language or indie shit, that nobody except critics watch. It might be "contrarian" to like Brian De Palma, but makes objective kino

http://alumnus.caltech.edu/~ejohnson/critics/white.html
>>
>>80328215
that's hilarious.

it's also funny how obviously guilt tripped every single reviewer on rotten tomatoes is. all you have to do is appeal to the left and you get good reviews, it's an utter disgrace.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.