[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was worse than X3 holy shit. Even the CGI was worse lmao

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 21

File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
This was worse than X3 holy shit. Even the CGI was worse lmao

>every scene is rushed
>terrible Jean
>JLaw reading-cue-cards style of acting
>pointless Quipsilver subplot
>pointless Moira tension
>Havoc running towards Apocolypse to shoot him instead of just shooting him lmao
>>
>>80309748
yeah this was bad. it felt like 2 hours went by and nothing happened, the characters didnt DO anything that really mattered. theres no cause and effect going on from one scene to another.
>apocalypse destroys cairo to build a giant pyramid for no reason. no one reacts to this at all except staring, no one even mentions it.
>and then when four teenage x men show up he all of a sudden can only repel attacks.
>build up magneto going evil(again) cause his wife and kids(who werent in any other movie) died and force us to care by having fassbender cry on screen. then he gets talked into switching sides(again) without quicksilver even telling him hes his dad which was the only thing that could save the scene.
>they NEVER mention jubilee by name and she kind of just vanishes.
>psylocke, angel and storm are thrown in there and they dont really do shit either.
>phoenix saga butchered and thrown in there as a deus ex machina again. x men 3 which was terrible somehow did phoenix better.
they were right when they said "the third one is always the worst" in a feeble attempt to call ROTJ bad when being part of this atrocious excuse for a movie.
>>
>>80310021
They were being self-aware. It wasn't a jab at ROTJ.
>>
File: 1485738698760.jpg (213KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
1485738698760.jpg
213KB, 800x797px
>>80309748

>Charles did I ever tell you the time my wife and daughter were killed by a bow and arrow? Yes a bow and fucking arrow, I was so mad I took my daughters metal locket that has photos of my parents in it and killed everyone around me with it. Its a good friend
>>
This should've been a trilogy.
>>
It's mind boggling in a way since DOFP is actually really good.

Lawrence looks even more disengaged, Sophie Turner is awful, Apocalypse does basically nothing. Not even Fassbender can save this as I think he's reaching Lawrence levels of done with the franchise after an amazing performance in DOFP.

This is the worst capeshit movie since Amazing Spiderman 2. Just kill this fucking franchise please.
>>
>ten second cameo of Wolverine

What the fuck?

>barely any Quicksilver

What the fuck?

>Olivia Munn can't act for shit and barely says much

What the fuck?

>Apocalypse can stop Quicksilver's speed

What the fuck?
>>
>>80309748
Stil somehow better than Age of Ultron
>>
File: 1422831888126.jpg (19KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1422831888126.jpg
19KB, 240x200px
>>80311501

I glanced at the image after opening in a new tab, forgot about it, fucked around briefly with brightness/contrast settings and clicked on the tab again to make myself jump because only then did I notice his eye is visible
>>
>>80312437
You need to fix the settings on your monitor, I can see the eye just fucking fine.
>>
>>80312485

Don't swear at me!
>>
>>80312289
Wolverine was added in reshoots, most likely after they realized what a steaming turd the movie was.

Also Munn turned down the Vanessa role in Deadpool for this which is extra hilarious.
>>
>>80309748
yeah this movie was awful, fucking arrow kills both his daughter and his wife lmao
>>
Although I enjoyed x3 I realize it's a sub par movie.

This was a train wreck though. Mystique was once again the worst part. Magneto was butchered. Apocalypse was wasted and now they have to try to salvage it in the next one without wolverine who has been proven to be the only think keeping these movies afloat. Sad!
>>
>>80312855

Also can someone tell me why striker was seconds away from the mansion before it exploded? He landed just as the crew was regathering. Was he just randomly deciding to attack them at that very moment before it blew up? Why? Why did he barely react to it exploding in front of him?
>>
>>80312616
Wow. Deadpool dodged a bullet there
>>
File: bryan-singer.png (201KB, 1160x640px) Image search: [Google]
bryan-singer.png
201KB, 1160x640px
>>80309748
D R O P P E D R
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>80312616
Morena Baccarin is actually talented and tons more beautiful.
Glad they got her instead of Olivia Munn.
>>
>>80312976
Shit writing. The movie obviously wanted to do a sendoff for McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, and Hoult, while at the same time try to make people care about the new teens. A common talking point amongst reviewers was that the teens were really intriguing and people wanted more of it. The First Class crew were retreading things we already saw.
>>
>>80313066
The fact he's a homo pedo wasn't enough?
>>
>>80309748
agreed.and just as it was with x3, it's a sign this cast has run its course. at least we got first class and days of future past

they need something new, and not just memepool. no idea what x-force is, but maybe it's exactly what I'm after

I also hope they go full retard with continuity and just start making whatever random movie they want and play it off as being a different timeline like with logan
>>
>>80313265
I'm fine if they stick with X-23 and the new mutants.
>>
>>80313265
>I also hope they go full retard with continuity
They've done that with everything since x2
>>
I know Fassbender's a cash cow, but Magneto didn't really need to be in that movie.
>>
>>80313392
>Fassbender's a cash cow
not really anon
>>
>>80313495
He's their only A lister now that Jennifer Lawrence's puckered bunghole sunk her career.
>>
>>80313618
that doesn't have anything to do with it
>>
>>80309748

Yeah, I watched Days of Future Past and this one back to back and the drop in quality was fucktastic.

I watched them with a gf who loves shit like Hunger Games and nearly idolizes Jennifer Lawrence and even she was literally cringing during every "Mystique you're a TRUE HERO, everyone looks up to you, you're the CHOSEN ONE" scene.

The "Quicksilver Evacuates the House" scene was also awkward. They obviously wanted to recreate that one scene from DOFP but it clashed with the tone of Xavier's House blowing up and Havoc dying. Like it should have been a solemn moment but they added a minutes comedy sketch straight slap in the middle.

The dialogue was abysmal overall too. The bad acting from Sophie and co. didn't help at all.
>>
File: the true xmen villain.jpg (21KB, 220x338px) Image search: [Google]
the true xmen villain.jpg
21KB, 220x338px
The through line here is stupidity and terrible decisions. Singer left his own trilogy and bowed out of X-3 so he could make a Superman movie; out of a script he worked on while on vacation in Hawaii. Which, you know, if you're going to work on something, WHILE on vacation, you should totally focus on Superman and not your next X-Men installment. Jesus fucking Christ.

Apocalypse does not fit in the X-Men franchise and is definitely the outlier. The villain needed to be someone or something different, something that would actually fit in line with First Class and DOFP. The movie itself, in closing out this trilogy, needed to start in 1973 (where we last left off with Mystique and Wolverine) and showcase all the events leading into 2024 in the new timeline.

This would give audiences a sweeping view of ALL alternate events so that we would know what is different between the two timelines. Put McAvoy and Fassbender in aging makeup, show the audience their progression. Remake scenes from the first X-Men, show us the Liberty Island incident and how it happened, yet occurred differently than before because of time travel. (just as an example)

At the end of DOFP, Charles tells Logan they have a lot of catching up to do, and even asks what the last thing he remembers is.

Apocalypse is such a fucking mess. Magneto's family should have never been killed. It's okay to have him outed by the local police. It's okay to have him and his family be threatened, but don't kill them. Instead, how about having them escape? And with no where to go, Magneto would return to Xaviers school with his family, seeking help from his old friend. Have the two actually team up against a government threat.

Or some other problem.

And even worse, after Logan, the series has been tied up nicely with a bow. But now Kinberg is going to make yet another prequel, in the form of a sequel to Apocalypse; a movie that HE himself will be directing. 17 years of this shit.

17 FUCKING YEARS
>>
>>80313392
Magneto and Mystique should have just stayed out of this movie. The movie should have focused more on Cyclops, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Quicksilver and Nightcrawler. Also casting Sansa as Jean Grey was a huge mistake. She has a resting bitchface and no charisma.
>>
File: angle.jpg (35KB, 327x430px) Image search: [Google]
angle.jpg
35KB, 327x430px
>>80313024
>Munn was also offered a role in a very different “X-Men” spin-off — that of Ryan Reynolds’ girlfriend in “Deadpool,” which had the biggest February opening ever for an R-rated movie. Its box-office haul is inconsequential. Munn says she didn’t want to be the girlfriend. Not again. She wanted to fight. To make noise. To kick butt.

yeah how'd that work out
>>
>>80311501
That image is horrifying but Kurt Angle made it better
>>80313851
>>
>>80309748
>tfw I saw olivia munn was cast as psylocke and completely ignored this film and will never watch it

From the moment she was cast I knew ot would be shit how dense can you be
>>
File: itstrue.gif (459KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
itstrue.gif
459KB, 250x188px
>>80313894
>>
>>80313943
She wasnt the only reason that the movie was bad though. I would argue that she was one of the lesser reasons for the movie being shit.
>>
>>80311322
I saw it as a jab at X3 more than anything.
>>
>>80313844
I actually would not have objected to Apocalypse if his evil plan wasn't a fucking carbon copy of every other evil villain plan.
>>
File: IMG_1175.jpg (489KB, 759x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1175.jpg
489KB, 759x981px
Terrible fucking movie most predictable and boring shit ever

Literally nothing was good about it
>>
>>80309748

That is the shittiest superhero film i have seen in some 5 years.
>>
>>80314000
Her inclusion as that character inparticular proves the casting had gone to shit, and the moment a "hero" movies casting has gone to shit it proves its gonna be shit.
Casting in a film is usually the last thing to go to shit, the moment it does, everything else follows
>>
The main plot should have been Charles trying to rebuild his school after DofP, only there's some other group snatching his recruits out from underneath him. Turns out it's a cult, run by Apocalypse, and he's pitting young mutants against each other in order to build an army of the strongest to conquor the world.

Still kinda generic, but not as Saturday Morning Cartoon generic.
>>
File: arc.gif (101KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
arc.gif
101KB, 425x425px
There was literally nothing wrong with X3.

I've never heard a single legitimate reason why it's a bad movie.
>>
>>80314062
He is the basic bitch of all xmen content, you cant really build up to him after 5+ films
>>
The point of this movie was for singer to cast twinks for him to fuck in their trailers
>>
>>80314243
how old are you anon?
>>
This movie should have been about Genosha.

Fight me.
>>
>>80314216
>a fighting to the death tournament held in a super secret location pitting mutants against each other
>literally bloodsport+X-men

PURE kino
>>
File: 1484345985638s.jpg (4KB, 250x133px) Image search: [Google]
1484345985638s.jpg
4KB, 250x133px
How can you hate X: Apocalypse?

Name ONE (one) movie that showcases Eric's powers better than this one.

You (u) can't.

Also this one had fucking NIGHTCRAWLER whooping all kinds off ass; You've really must have the worst taste if you're willing to call this one the worst of the worst.

and the quicksilver scene? C'moooon maaaan.
>>
>>80314441
everything you mentioned is reddit

also the best magneto scene is when he steals back his outfit in DOFP
>>
>>80312245
>DOFP is actually really good
wew no

it's a giant mess also, not as bad as Apocalypse, but still pretty shit and unwatchable
>>
>>80309748
It was pretty bad, but I don't think you're remembering X3s hysterical dialogue. And I'm one of the few defenders of that movie, I think it had a couple of really good scenes. It's still hard to top "Charles wanted to build bridges" or "I'm the juggernaut, bitch". Apocalypse had good performances and some neat scenes but the narrative was all over the place.
Jennifer Lawrence really killed it, I don't understand the need to give her a more prominent role in the story. She's the Halle Berry of the new X-men movies.
>>
>>80313167
She is, that movie benefited from not having Munn in there. She most have sucked just the right dicks to get that much attention. Psylocke's costume was on point, though, it would have been nice to see her body swapping origins, but I guess it would have required dialogue (and a british accent).
>>
>>80314258
Nah, you can do Apocalypse right. Like they did in the comics, shadowy figure at first THEN you find out he's a fuckpowerful ancient mutant god.

They blew their load early with the whole "ancient evil awakens" in the first act and then Expoy-lips just running retard all over the world for the rest of the movie.

Should have been a third act "oh fuck" reveal.
>>
>>80312520
FAGGOT
>>80313618
He's a prominent B lister. Lawrence went out of fashion faster than the beanie babies.
>>
>>80313265
X-force kills threats to mutant kind so that the real X-men don't have to deal with them later.
>>
>>80314243
The dialogue and scatterbrained story didn't help.
>>
>>80314677
Cable is always right because he knows how everything turns out in the end.
>>
>>80314441

>showcases Eric's powers
I guess, technically, Magneto makes the most "epic" use of his powers by fucking with the entire world in Apocalypse, but the idea of it aside all we're actually seeing is Magneto floating in air making piles of garbage fly around him. Then when he's actually using his powers for combat, he's just pouring random metal chunks into Apocalypse's shield to disappear. It all just looked so weird, shitty, and boring despite how much the writing wanted to hype it up.

>Nightcrawler kicking ass
Yeah, that was cool, but we already saw that in X2. Ditto for Quicksilver. Doesn't make those scenes bad, just less impressive.
>>
>>80314705
It's like there were two different movies going on at the same time, and neither of them were very good.
>>
Why did angel go inside the ship rather than just shooitng it down with his knife wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8fGZhq1qP0
>>
File: XMen132.jpg (47KB, 630x472px) Image search: [Google]
XMen132.jpg
47KB, 630x472px
Everytime they try to Phoenix it fails. I think because the cartoon was so good.
>>
>>80314862
>Why did angel go inside the ship rather than just shooitng it down with his knife wings
To scare them off, I guess. And cuz it looks kewls.
>>
What's sad is that the slo-mo Quicksilver action scene almost makes up for everything that shitty about the movie.

They really should have spent more time building Apocalypse up as a threat in other movies instead of making him a cheesy villain of the week.

I wonder if Infinity War will end up like Apocalypse.
>>
>>80312855

I dunno, DoFP would've been better without Wolverine
>>
>>80314902
>I wonder if Infinity War will end up like Apocalypse.
Different studios, so it's doubtful. The Russo bros. can direct some fine shit when they're not getting jerked around by the studio.
>>
>>80314886
I think it's because you can't really into Phoenix without also into cosmic/Shiar era X-Men, which would be a hard left turn for the movies.
>>
>>80309748
>build-up for Quicksilver to tell Magneto he's his son so he still has family to live for
>he drops spaghetti and refuses to say it
>Magneto does his heel turn anyway

typical autistic NEET
>>
>>80314441

X2 did Nightcrawler and Magneto's abilities better, not just big dumb CGI cities being destroyed like in every capeshit ever

Quicksilver scene was based though
>>
>>80314441
i'm embarrassed for you anon.
>>
>>80314997
>typical autistic NEET
That's why he's so relatable, though. What would be funny is if he was a fatass fedorer neckbear with his powers.
>>
if they make another of these they need to recast jean. dumb the talentless angloblob before she goes full lohan
>>
>>80315109
dump*
>>
The truth is nobody wanted to do this movie. Singer and the cast regarded X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST as the "natural end" of the franchise throughout the production, but the hype was so solid Fox changed the ending and added a stinger alluding to Apocalypse.

Singer didn't want to be there. Fassbender didn't want to be there. Lawrence didn't want to be there. Hoult didn't want to be there. McAvoy probably didn't want to be there either but he's a bro and gave it his all. They added and scrapped characters on the fly to advance the plot, they kept trying to make the movie bigger to compete with the scale of the MCU and the DCEU and in the process made it hollow. They kept making mistakes.
>>
I feel like they've painted themselves into a corner with the whole "new decade every movie" for the soft reboot franchise.

It's just going to be awkward as fuck if they get to the 90s/00s and McAvoy and Fass still aren't anywhere as old as Stewart and McKellan were.

Their best bet is loosely-connected movies like Deadpool that skirt the obvious continuity problems.
>>
File: smug pepe.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>80315086
>next movie opens in 2017 with a 40+ year old neckbeard, fedora quicksilver shitposting on 4chan using pepe memes
>>
>>80315249
What I think is, if it even gets a sequel because the box office was shit, they will tone down the threats and portray Mr. Sinister as more of a subversive villain. Things can get pretty ugly with cloning and such, and they can set up dark phoenix and other fun stuff. These movies are better when they're smaller and self contained. I think Salsa can pull off some decent dramatic scenes and was a victim of the script in this movie. Kid Scott was kind of great.
Now that they have the basic cast all established, they can start working on their chemistry without earth-shattering distractions, or a giant laser shooting into the sky.
>>
>>80315456
A silver fedora and flame cargo pants, I need this in my life.
>>
>>80315339
no one cares anon, continuity never mattered in the xmen movies and the plebs will line up for whatever shit they make regardless.
>>
>>80315339
Honestly I'd like it if they just kept making what-if spinoffs for each character like they did with Logan. Just tell the story of each character joining the Xmen or their major story while saying "fuck the continuity we're telling Jean Grey's story I don't care what happened in the last one"
>>
Friendly reminder he did nothing wrong
>>
>>80315764

Well he certainly didn't do anything right...
>>
>>80314902
The writers are claiming that Thanos can be viewed as a main character. I mean, since Avengers 3 and 4 will be running close to 5 hours combined, there should be screentime for him. Even if the movie looks like shit, I can feel comfortable knowing that the Russos will at least give a reasonable amount of development and time to its main characters.
>>
>>80312289
I liked the movie. But the Wolverine cameo was stupid. Hugh Jackman was quitting, why are you trying to set him up for future movies?
>>
>>80315764
Oscar Isaac was chewing the scenery like nobody's business. He was wasted on that role.
>>
>>80309748
Here is an idea. How about instead of making another movie keeping continuity, how about they just go full "fuck the continuity" and show the future where Apocalypse won and focus on Cable and the future mutants. Deadpool and Wolverine can even make cameos. Have it be like a dystopian terminator style future but have Cable be sent back in time.
>>
>>80315556
>>80315670
nfortunately I feel like they're going to keep upping the ante for the main franchise in the face of Infinity War and Justice League.

Our best bets are going to be the solo character spin-offs. I know it'll never happen because Hoult's over it and there's no big draw to the idea, but I'd like to see a smaller-scope movie starring or focusing on Beast and his shift from awkward nerd to classy, world famous scientist. Like he breaks off from the school to go work at the Brand Corporation and gets tangled up in some kind of conspiracy.
>>
>>80315895
>Hugh Jackman was quitting, why are you trying to set him up for future movies?
Oh they're going to have a new wolverine, Logan was the swansong of Jackman (and Stewart) as the character, not the end of wolverine in these movies. I wonder who they're going to cast now.
>>
That's what happens when you give singer full control again. First class was great and he had nothing to do with and it was great. DOFP he only partially ruined, and then they fucked up a great reboot franchise by given his X3. He's fucking SHIT
>>
>>80315963
>keeping continuity,
there is no continuity you fucking retard
>>
>>80315963
Honestly with all the time travel and reality bending in Marvel the Xmen should really just accept that there shit gets jumbled around every week
>>
>>80315978
>Our best bets are going to be the solo character spin-offs.
Those are a crap shoot and depend entirely on the director and budget. Another X-men origins is the last thing we need.
Hell, they could end the franchise and I'd be happy with what we got. Two or three great movies, some acceptable and some so bad they're good. Of course this is not going to happen because they need to keep the rights. I guess Disney could buy Fox.
>>
>>80315984
How old are you anon?
>>
Wait theyre making more of these? Is it 100% confirmed?
>>
>>80316033
He was fucking great until Superman Returns broke him. Days of Future Past is still one of the best movies in the series, though.
>>80316098
I'm way older than you, and that's what teenagers try to pass as an argument. Put some weight on it, friend.
>>
File: landscape_xlarge.jpg (11KB, 270x200px) Image search: [Google]
landscape_xlarge.jpg
11KB, 270x200px
>Awesome things that will never happen.

A movie set between DofP and Logan where a radicalized Cyclops breaks away from Prof. X and causes a rift in the X-Men possibly leading up to the "Westchester Incident"
>>
>>80316055
>he didnt see First Class, DOFP and Apocalypse

They are trying to keep continuity but yea im the retarded one
>>
>>80316074
Disney's got money, but they ain't got that much money.
>>
>>80316126
>>80316033
Singer was never good. Don't make me laugh. The X-Men movies are hot garbage.
>>
>>80316126

Vaughn wrote 90% of DOFP. Singer has always been a godawful hack
>>
>>80316098
Just because Jackman's leaving doesn't mean he takes the rights to acting Wolverine with him.

Of course they're going to recast him. It would be idiotic not too. Whether they get the right person will be a different story though.
>>
>>80316263
WTF I hate the xmen movies now!
>>80316295
I liked the usual suspects.
>>
>>80316126
How old are you anon?
>>
>>80316117
It's not 100% confirmed, but they've got all the principles under contract so they can do it whenever they want.

Deadpool 2 is definitely coming, and they've got Legion on FX and another X-Show in the pipe so it looks they're cooling their jets on the main franchise until they figure out the next move.

DP2 is going to introduce Cable, so that may lead places. Sinister was supposed to be the big bad in Logan but Mangold basically said he wouldn't make the movie if they didn't change that, so that card is still on the table.

They could go anywhere, X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, etc.
>>
>>80316330
It won't happen for a while. It would be fucking stupid to instantly recast Wolverine after Huge Jackedman played him for like 20 years.
>>
>>80316126
It wasn't an argument it was a question you're too much of a coward to answer.
>>
>>80316512
I'm more embarrassed to be browsing 4chan this late in the game, to be frank.
>>
>>80316330
I never said that anon but they're not going to recast him right away. I wouldn't even been surprised if he came back for another at some point.
>>
>>80309748
How did they both make this and Logan?
>>
>>80316330
I don't think Wolverine is gonna show up right away, if they ever decide to reboot him.
As with the story, we have a new Wolverine (Laura/X-23) and a whole cast of mutant kids.
>>
>>80316541
You're fucking anonymous, how old are you?
>>
>>80316610
Shut the fuck up, retard.
>>
>>80316719
Why are you so upset anon? There are plenty of older people on 4chan
>>
>>80316789
Why are you so obsessed with my age, is the question.
>>
>>80314945
But the Russos don't even work for WB.
>>
>>80316894
This comment doesn't make any sense.
>>
No more x men movies please, Logan was the perfect end to the two best actors and characters in the series
>>
>>80317028
They already have the next 3 movies planned out.
>>
>>80309748
>This was worse than X3 holy shit
"no"

I agree J Law was fucking shit though. Ruined the whole goddamn movie.

If it wasn't for her, it'd be at least decent.

To deny the Intro as TOP TIER CAPEKINO INTRO OF ALL TIME, however, is blasphemy.

That fucking Egyptian intro was 10/10 gave me fucking chills.
>>
>>80316567
Iirc, Jackman said the only thing he'd play wolverine for again is if it was an Avengers crossover. Which won't happen anytime soon.
>>
>>80316842
I was curious based on your opinions then extra curious after you repeatedly refused to tell me.
>>
>>80315942

wut

Half of his total lines were literally "and from the ashes of their world we'll build a better one."
>>
>>80317105
Jackman has been saying "this is my last one" for 10 years.
>>
>>80316960
The joke is that WB is way worse than Marvel about jerking directors around.

The only guy the Russos really have to answer to is Feige, and he generally seems to know what he's doing.
>>
>>80312245
DofP was good because of the groundwork that Vaughn laid before he dropped out to do Kingsmen. Apocalypse was all Singer, that's why it sucked.
>>
>>80317156
>wut
Fuck off reddit retard
>>
>>80313167
Agreed. Why would a studio pick Munn over Baccarin? Baccarin is a decent actress, sexy as fuck, and can do comedy as well as drama. Munn can't act in any genre and would look frankly really plain next to Ryan Reynolds.
>>
File: 1469636624782.jpg (350KB, 1291x1547px) Image search: [Google]
1469636624782.jpg
350KB, 1291x1547px
>>80317072
>That fucking Egyptian intro was 10/10 gave me fucking chills.
>>
>>80317234

Munn has name recognition
>>
>>80313844
>Have the two actually team up against a government threat.
>Or some other problem.

This movie has issues, but I am so fucking glad we didn't get LE EVIL GUBMENT yet again.
>>
>>80317249
/tv/ is filled with retarded teenagers and literal faggots anon
>>
>>80317072
That Egyptian intro was shit and just added filler.
>>
>>80317280
Really?
>>
i didn't think they could possibly fuck up casting any more then jennifer tits-in-law as mystique. i don't even hate j-law, i think she is ok in some movies, tolerable as the hero in hunger games i guess. but casting her to try and play the dangerous, dark, sexy, mystique, what the fuck. she doesn't come off as any of those things. not even kidding, if i were to make a spoof x-men movie, like those not another teen movie type deals, i think jennifer lawrence would be a perfect mystique. she's a parody of the character.

and then they cast salsa as jean grey. what...the....fuck. the resting bitch face, stuck up attitude, horrendous acting. she's, again, the antithesis of the character jean grey who is supposed to come off as very smart, beautiful, measured and powerful. i liked salsa in game of thrones because her shitty personality and bitch face happens to match the character pretty well, which is good because she can't act. but casting her as jean is a damn crime. they could not have cast anyone worse. not possible. idris elba would have been better and i'm serious
>>
>>80317281
>LE EVIL GUBMENT
Why don't you try talking like a real person?
>>
>>80309748
X2 > Logan > X-Men > (POWER GAP) > The Wolverine > Origins Wolverine > X-men 3 > DOFP > Apocalypse > Dogshit > First Class
>>
>>80316842
so you're a teenager, okay anon.
>>
>>80317331

Which one could you name in 2015 faggot
>>
>>80317419
Both, since like most of this board I've seen Firefly
>>
>>80317345
The first x men has aged terribly. The dialogue, acting, and special effects are all shit tier. It's a 6/10 flick at best
>>
>>80317390
That's exactly what a teenager would say.
>>
>>80317280
Not really, Baccarin has acting experience. Munn is just known as a nerd icon.
>>
>>80317715
How old are you anon?
>>
I think the part that triggers me the most is that jennifer Whoreance wasn't in the Mystique costume the whole movie. What thw fuck
>>
>>80317743
she's known as a dirty whore-
>>
>>80317345

>Origins above DOFP and First Class

I could only agree with this if we're talking about the work print with unfinished CGI, because that's some of the most fun I've had with the franchise. If we're talking about the finished product unironically, the video game is better in every way.
>>
>>80317844
It doesn't matter.
>>
File: ca493E9.jpg (493KB, 2000x1425px) Image search: [Google]
ca493E9.jpg
493KB, 2000x1425px
>>80317885
The dirty whore who dates Aaron Rodgers.
>>
>>80314902
This is Marvel, completely in different level of competence than Fox.
>>
>>80317345
>rating Origins high and FC low to be le ebin contrarian
>>
>>80309748
Very wasted potential, magneto must have die in this movie against Apocalypse to redeem himself saving the other mutants but instead they give him the same fucking background than the first one and did fucking nothing in the end.
>>
>>80318259
>magneto must have die in this movie against Apocalypse to redeem himself saving the other mutants
Magneto doesn't need to redeem himself, he's the only one fighting for his people.
>>
>>80309748
agreed
complete trash
>>
>>80318013
>(((dates)))
>>
>>80318013
>dates Aaron Rodgers.
>>
>>80318314
This, fucking this. It's the whole point of the Charles/Magneto dichotomy. Magneto will do ANYTHING to ensure the survival of mutants.
>>
>>80318424
Charles has the right idea, though. The advent of mutants is inevitable, he's just trying to ease the transition. Magneto can't let things run their course and he wants his humie holocaust right now ree.
>>
>>80317743
>a nerd icon.
to numales maybe
>>
>>80312330
Not even. That movie is at least coherent.
>>
>>80309748
I haven't seen this. Literally just finished watching X3. The best I can say about that movie, and I guess the series as a whole, is even when the movies are shitty it's still slightly enjoyable just because the cast. Like Ian McKellen seems like he's phoning it in a little bit, but everybody else seems to be giving it their all and having fun with their roles.
>>
Olivia Munn was hot though. That's good enough for me.
>>
>>80318495
Honestly, an X-Men movie predominantly from his perspective could be great (as long as the studio trusts the talent).

Magneto building his Brotherhood while Charles and the X-Men are the antagonists. Don't portray them as typical villains, but as extremists.
>>
I like the Angel getting his blade wings scene and I liked it more than X-3 but the whole Mystique/Stryker zinger from DoFP was completely thrown out was retarded.
>>
>>80318830
This would actually be the way to do Genosha. Eric putting his own team together and declaring war on an entire country while Charles is in the b-story trying to play by the rules.
>>
I thought it was kino and reminiscent of the golden age of comic book movies from the early 2000s.

It didn't feel watered down, after the film was over I felt like I got my money's worth. I liked the interplay between the teams, Quicksilver's scene was perfect, Apocalypse with his four horseman brooding around and recruiting mutants was cool to watch too--not to mention that dope ass Wolverine sequence. It was also nice to see Cyclops get some screentime, he was always wrongly shut out in this series. Also hinting at a Quicksilver and Storm relationship was very cute, I hope they go through with it.

I honestly don't get the hate for the film. It was a perfectly serviceable comic book picture and an 8/10 if you're a genuine X-Men fan and have stuck with the franchise for awhile. I feel it was judged harshly because of the impact Deadpool had before it--an r-rated film that still had hints of Disney quip humor? Deadpool had the whole package. X-Men: Apocalypse just never stood a chance; the expectations were raised a bit too much for it, I mean Ryan Reynolds literally changed the fabric of capeshit entertainment and opened more possibilities not known before, and when it turned out that X: Apocalypse couldn't do the same, it was wrongfully shunned out.

I think the people shitting on it on /tv/ though are DChads just trying to take the heat away from Batman v Superman.

All in all I enjoyed the film and will always defend it.
>>
>>80319327
I liked the Quicksilver scene but that was about it.
>>
>>80317592
What were you expecting? Yellow spandex?
>>
>>80309748
Day what you want about quicksilver but his bits are the only good parts of these fucking bombs, without him there these movies would have zero worth
>>
>>80317592
I mentioned this in another thread, but the first X-Men really on seemed like a good movie in comparison to the overly campy shit that came before it.
>>
>>80311322
It was Synger trying to be clever and shit on The Last Stand only for it to terribly backfire
>>
>>80312289
> ten second cameo of Wolverine

I wish. That would have been like the First Class cameo which was tasteful and harmless. The whole plot was put into a stop to throw Stryker in and extend an already pretty long movie just to add some tension that ultimately had no pay-off because Wolverine showed up out of nowhere and Deus ex machina'd the problem for the kids.
>>
>>80320112
I like how DoFP young Xavier remembered Logan from that cameo. So before DoFP was made is First Class an alternate past from the first X-Men or what? What if DoFP wasn't made period?
>>
>>80319951
No, it wasn't. Are you 16?
>>
>>80320282
Supposedly DofP is where the timeline split, but it's kind of sloppy because they never explain how Charles got his groove back without Logan going back in time.

So if DofP hadn't happened, things would have proceeded normally into the first movie because.........plot?
>>
>>80320555
I'm still confused how they handwaved the Mystique Stryker situation at the end of DoFP.
>>
>>80318259
Or you flip the script on Xavier and Magneto. Still have Xavier kidnapped, but Beast, and I guess JLaw by studio mandate, get Magneto's help. The new teens get both sides of the story and learn that these 2 men of the mutant community are complex and have nuanced motivations.
>>
>>80320676
AoA was such a cluster fuck to get on film that they just straight up dropped it.

There's no in-universe explanation, they're were just like "Nope, fuck it. Don't have room for this in the story"
>>
>>80320282
>>80320555
In DoFP Charles said he overcame it eventually on his own. But they needed him to years before he did in the normal timeline.

Charles remembers because he only tracked down Logan (Pre adimantium claws so James Howlett) a few years prior where as in the original time line it was years later he next saw wolverine.
>>
The script was pure garbage. The whole premise was hamfisted. Why was Apocalypse awakened at the exact moment Prof X's live interest was there to witness it? What even was going on in that scene?
>>
>>80320762
This would have been better than having Eric as a horseman. Especially if they had gone with an Apocalypse that pits mutants against each other (ya know, like he does in the comics).

Magneto definitely would not have been down with mutant Bloodsport.
>>
>>80320869
>In DoFP Charles said he overcame it eventually on his own. But they needed him to years before he did in the normal timeline.
I thought that was very obvious in the film. Like Logan had to get both Charles and Eric to convince Blue JLaw but they both had road blocks. Eric's was physical (in prison) whiles charles' was internal.
>>
>>80320463
Are you 12? It's a pretty basic and shitty meta joke. What's more likely, that he wanted to insult Return of the Jedi just because even though it has nothing to do with X-Men or that he would want to make a joke about how the franchise went to shit after he left?
>>
>>80321433
He was making a joke about his own film. He knows Apocalypse is schlock. THE FILM HAS "APOCALYPSE" in it's title. He wasn't throwing shade at anyone really.
>>
>Apocalypse

Literally WE WUZ KANGZ
>>
I watching it now. Im at the part where Cyclops meets Jean Grey. It isnt terrible and Im kind of enjoying the cheesiness, But I came in not expecting much. Its very cold outside and Im comfy watching free HBOGo
>>
>>80320676
God, that was so infuriating. Ending the movie with Stryker's eyes going yellow was so great because that small addition managed to erase Origins Wolverine in a second. And then the writers for Apocalypse couldn't be bother to double check. They just remembered the movie ended with Stryker fishing Wolverine out of the water and decided "yeah, it makes sense"
>>
>>80321750
My theory is that it was meant to end with Stryker getting wolverine out but they added the eye change after test audiences didn't react well to Wolverine getting shafted at the end.
>>
>>80321482
I understand how people see that but I'm not sure they knew this movie would be shit. I mean, why was the embargo for the reviews lifted weeks before the movie premiered of they knew they would get assassinated? Usually when a studio knows their movie is crap they wait until 2/3 days before the movie premiered. I honestly believe they didn't know
>>
>>80321805
Frankly I think whole felt kind of awkward and they could have just had unnamed goons loading Logan into a van and driving away. Leave it as open ended as possible.
>>
>>80321805
Stryker even being in the movie was a rewrite, since they decided to switch to Quicksilver instead of a young Juggernaut but they had already signed the actor. His whole presence in the movie felt tacked on.
>>
>>80317345
(You)
>>
>>80319490
And even that felt out of place considering how it comes right after the low point where Xavier has been kidnapped and Havok got himself killed
>>
>>80321848
I think they knew that's why they threw in that wolverine scene so that people could get more bang for their buck.

And the reviews for the film came out like a month before it. They knew the film wouldn't be hit with snobby critics.
>>
>>80321848
It's literally the complete opposite. They had the reviews come early so they could get it out of the way and have people forget about them by the time the film came around. They knew they were making a schlocky summer 80s blockbuster. I mean the film stops for 3 minutes to show off a Quicksilver music video.
>>
>>80322353
DOFP did that but it was still good
>>
File: Screenshot_140.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_140.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>80313305
We need an x-23 movie. As far as I'm aware, she's the only salvageable character left aside from the deadpool movies.
>>
>>80314441
X2 with nightcrawler wrecking shit to Reqiuem was much better.
I don't think it was the worst of the movies, I'd put Last stand and Origins below it, and maybe Wolverine too.
J-law fucks it all up, and her as a hero to mutant kids is kind of corny and forced.
I also don't think Apocalypse was very intimidating. The scene with the tower of babel speech was pretty good, but the voice of legion shit can only take you so far.
>>80322613
I'm ok with a x-23 movie with the same no-nonsense fighting and the darker theme, but I'm not alright with x-23 being in main-universe movies because they're all going to be watered down shit.
>>
It was crap. I don't know how anyone can defend it. Fassbender tries but there isn't anything to work with. I feel sorry for him being in this movie. But if you always wondered what nightcrawler would be like if he were gay than this is the movie for you
>>
>>80315764

why did he dress like such a fag after absorbing an immortal mutant tho?
>>
>Apocalypse shows that he can kill people in a milli second in the factory scene
>somehow struggles to kill the X-men
>>
>lets bring bow and arrows and ASSUME that the metal controlling guy has no metal with him
>>
>>80314516

Just wanted to chime in here and tell you you're wrong and stop having this opinion.
>>
>>80322438
But it actually made a bit of sense in that scene for it to happen. the group rescued Eric, but they got cornered in the kitchen by guards with plastic guns that shoot hard-plastic bullets. Quicksilver was really the only one who could do anything there to move the plot.

In Apocalypse, Havoc, for some reason, runs towards the group of people he's trying to shoot his laser beam at instead of just shooting them from a distance near everyone else. then memesilver shows up, somehow knows something is wrong (I still don't get that part) runs over to the secret portion of the school, then starts saving everybody.
>>
>>80317249
>>80317286
Then tell me what of all the capeshit (Im not saying capeshit is good/above anything else) what had the best intro?

>>80317291
You too
also
>added filler
explained Apocalypse and why he's in modern times, faggot, its called setting the backstory
>>
>>80325237
Anything prior to the capeshit universe garbage fad.
>>
>>80325353
Not an answer
>>
>>80325400
Batman Begins
Spiderman 1/2
Superman 1/2
Iron Man 1

Fucking hell, even that piece of shit Green Lantern movie had a better intro than Apocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0QyoqweM7A
>>
File: WACKOOOO.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WACKOOOO.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>80325700
>>Iron Man 1
>>
>>80322225
We don't know Havok is killed yet at that point until after when Quicksilver says he thought he got everyone. Try harder.
>>
>>80324281
He looks at mutants as his children. He isn't so willing to outright kill them the same way he is with humans. Try harder.
>>
>>80325758
Better than Apocalypse :^)
>>
>>80322225
That scene totally undermined Havoks death. Terrible filmmaking and lack of understanding tone.
>>
>>80315068
>Sucking X2's cock when it wasn't that great
>>
>>80325759
You know he is dead, you don't need them to tell you. Even then, rewatch the whole scene. There's so much tension and this feeling that shit's going down and we are all doomed and then Quicksilver shows up and begins goofing around to 80s music for about 3/4 minutes. It's a glaring tonal mess, why are you defending this shit movie?
>>
>>80324310
The fact that he didn't have a secret stash of metal shards somewhere for protection is fucking retarded.
>>
>>80317894
>video game is better in every way
>game in which Mystique gets BLACKED and Nightcrawler's dad is Will.I.Am

Really frumples my rumples
>>
OK, literally just watched this.

It's shit. Not as bad as Origins, that was like....made for cable bad....but it's bad. Wasted a handful of really good actors with garbage dialogue and you could tell by the final fight scene the CGI team was running out of budget.
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.