[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when were you when chris noland wins best director and best picture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Dunkirk.jpg (56KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk.jpg
56KB, 220x326px
when were you when chris noland wins best director and best picture
>>
>>80307914
Bane-posting at 9:30
>>
>Christpher Nolan flick
>no sci-fi elements
>no plot twist
>>
>>80308671
the twist is that the br*ts were the bad guys all along
>>
>can't direct action to save his life
>goes on to make a war flick
>>
>PG-13 war
>>
File: 1488534496094.jpg (68KB, 488x634px) Image search: [Google]
1488534496094.jpg
68KB, 488x634px
>>80307914
Some excerpts from a extensive Dunkirk interviev:

>(Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

[Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s a movie with suspense and a race against time.

>It isn’t by accident that Heart of Darkness by Conrad is one of my favorite novels. It’s the purest form of geography and storytelling. Conrad never repeats himself, he sinks gradually into the depths of the human mind. Is it an inward journey or a trip out of oneself ? That’s the real question Conrad is asking. And 2001! And Dante! How to tell the trip ? This is the main question of cinema. Dunkirk speaks about a very special place that evokes the Bible squarely. In May 1940, the English were the Jews driven out of Egypt and driven back by the Red Sea. And in a Judeo-Christian civilization it adds a very strong level of mythology.

The biggest Nolan interview, since the silent era, in fact

http://nolanfans.tumblr.com/post/157900870658/christopher-nolan-interview-about-dunkirk-in
>>
>>80307914
Is there going to be anything that will stand out in this movie? Looks like every other war film to me.
>>
File: WagesOfFear.jpg (551KB, 1080x848px) Image search: [Google]
WagesOfFear.jpg
551KB, 1080x848px
>>80308902
>The Wages of Fear
Stopped reading there. I'm fucking in.
>>
>>80308902
Bravo!
>>
>>80307914
is this based on the battle when the nazis let english soldiers walk away?
>>
File: 1482108776134s.jpg (7KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482108776134s.jpg
7KB, 229x250px
Still any of those 5 minute prologue leaks laying around?
>>
>>80308902
>The Wages of Fear
>Heart of Darkness

wasn't aware that Nolan was a goddamn absolute patrician
>>
>>80308766
>>80308820
This, fuck that hack.
>>
>pg13 war movie
Dead on arrival
>>
>>80308902
>Without dialogue.
it's about time he gave up on that
>>
>>80308902
this actually makes it sound promising but i have a feeling he's exaggerating.
>>
>you know what there just aren't enough films about wwii

t. cultural genius
>>
>>80312488
Well it atleast shows that he is doing what he wants out of passion/desire to do it, not because some studio head told him so.

Yes, no one asked for a WWII movie about the british army with a completely white cast, but he is doing it because he wants to do it.
>>
>>80308902
Too much exposition is what fucks up his movies so if he cuts down on it, he could have some big time kino
>>
>>80307914
Oh nolan
>>
>>80312555
>completely white cast
holy fucking shit how do you even accidentally cast this purely white a cast

brits were only what like 93% white at the time? there wasn't a role for Riz Ahmed in this thing?
>>
>>80312313
>>80308820
Edge of Tomorrow is a pg-13 war film and it's great. it happens to be about a sci fi concept instead of >muh horrors of war. maybe Nolan will be focused on some other conceptual aspect other than the violence.

also, it's not like it saved Hacksaw Ridge from being bland as fuck
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.