[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the key for /tv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: mulholland drive.jpg (3KB, 183x138px) Image search: [Google]
mulholland drive.jpg
3KB, 183x138px
What was the key for /tv/?
>>
>>80307627
unlocking a door, I suspect
>>
The key was one of the many signifiers that she had crossed back into reality as opposed to her dream/delusion state that we witness up to the halfway point of the film. The key left on the table was a literal representation that she had attempted to pay a hitman to murder her "friend". The same key in her handbag that unlocks the small blue box after Silencio was just a metaphor for unlocking her subconscious from her deluded mental state that she formulated in order to deny the reality she was in.
>>
>>80307627
Unlocked the bad memories.
>>
>>80307926
What movie anons?
>>
File: mulholland drive.png (3MB, 1920x1038px) Image search: [Google]
mulholland drive.png
3MB, 1920x1038px
>>80308172
>>
>>80307926

Yeah, it's been analyzed to death and this more or less seems like the unanimous consensus.
>>
File: speedy gonzalez.jpg (67KB, 1996x1060px) Image search: [Google]
speedy gonzalez.jpg
67KB, 1996x1060px
LOIS LANE IS THE KEY TO ALL OF THIS
>>
>>80307926
but the hitman gave her the key in "reality", what was it for?
>>
>>80308778

I think it was just his calling card for employers to let them know the job was completed. I could be mistaken, though. I don't remember him explaining it serving a function.
>>
Is this a good movie, lads?
>>
>>80308844
yeah
>>
File: Highway.jpg (29KB, 1022x434px) Image search: [Google]
Highway.jpg
29KB, 1022x434px
>>80308778
>>80308824

The "job" is only really completed at the very end where she shoots herself which occurs in reality (an heroes due to depression, failure, sub-par actress,jealously, fame hungry). The last half hour or so when we see her in the room imagining herself with Rita (actually alone, neighbor knocks on door, triggered by the key) and then going to the party is real and happens. As she's coming out of the dream state just before this, after Silencio and at the dinner table, we see more objects/characters that she has essentially fetishisized to the point of re-characterizing them, and utilizing them in her dreams to support her own delusions (Rita, CoCo,Adam,Cowboy,Other blonde "lead",Hitman,Neighbour) as seen all throughout the first half of the film.
>>
>>80307627
>kwikset
schlage master race over here
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.