[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What decade does Legion show take place in? Some images give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: legion-tv-series.jpg (15KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
legion-tv-series.jpg
15KB, 400x267px
What decade does Legion show take place in?

Some images give me a 60-70's Brit feel, but some flashbacks have the 90's grunge vibe
>>
>>80307554
shameless self-bump.
>>
File: CH_102_0883.jpg (232KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
CH_102_0883.jpg
232KB, 640x427px
>>80307554

Like this image
>>
>>80307554
I just assume its set in modern day/near future but has a sort of timeless feel to it.
>>
File: thatsthejoke[1].jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke[1].jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>80307554
>>
>>80307554
Yeah, they are also using future technology like that double tablet that the interrogator in episode 1 used. But then the guy in the ice tank was frozen in the late 60's and says that he only was frozen for like 20 years or so. The sanatorium is also way to modern for a sanatorium before the 80's-90's.
>>
>>80307554
Anachronistic setting, it's purposefully kept ambiguous.
>>
>>80307554
The show's setting is supposed to feel timeless and confusing. This week's episode had the characters driving a car with the wheel on the left side of the car even though it seems they're in America. It's probably present day though considering David's comments to Oliver about free love no longer reigning in the real world.
>>
>>80307772
Impossible unless some characters don't age.
>>
It's set in Cuba. They havent left the 60s
>>
I'm pretty sure its actually going to be relevant somehow, possibly more proof that the show is all in David's head.

I get a sense that the show is being presented to us- Oliver Bird narrating the intro to the previous episode then using the projector to cut away, Syd's narration throughout the episode, her mentioning that she sees David eating the tape (ie she's seeing the same thing as the viewer is), constantly jumping into different memories. Not to mention the locations of the show are out of whack too- They never actually travel anywhere, Summerland is just hidden in the woods but D3 never finds it, etc

I'm not sure what the twist actually is yet, but the way the show is presented to us is going to have something to do with it, and I'm betting that includes the anachronistic dates/tech as well
>>
>>80307882
also an example of what I'm talking about in >>80309040
>>
60's - 70's sounds about right. Not the flashbacks, but I know what you mean. I've noticed the grunge part as well. But I've mainly noticed each episode has very specific style reflecting classic films from earlier eras. You can't deny episode 3 was basically Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. The production of this is next level. And you can tell, who owns the franchise, since it worked very well in Deadpool - horror + romance + action.
>>
>>80309040
And they're back to Clockworks for maybe not the first time.
>>
>>80307554
So if he is Charles Xaviers son, what powers does his sister have and why aren't the X-men knocking down the badguys doors to save her?
>>
I get that I'm probably just supposed to enjoy the ride, but this show just frustrates me. I feel like I'd just be better off dropping it and just reading a summary years later when something reminds me of it
>>
>>80309256
I think the clockworks thing is going to be David resetting reality to protect Syd, but obviously that leaves things kind of open ended as far as where they go next and whats really going on. Kind of hard to call the twist when the plot is "David can do literally anything"

My best bet so far is that we're witnessing everything from the astral plane in some capacity, though
>>
>>80309276
he's adopted
>>
>>80309276
She doesn't exist. She's part of David's head space.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.