[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EPISODE 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

>film literally comes out in 9 months
>still no trailer

Why is Disney allowed to get away with this?
>>
>>80304316
Plebs will eat up any trash on a SW plate.
>>
>>80304316
they're waiting for Star Wars Celebration in mid-April.
>>
>>80304390
DUDE I HATE STAR WARS LMAO
>>
a more pressing issue is
>still no dvd of rogue one

Reeeee how long do we have to wait
>>
>>80304316
Because nerds like you will still talk about this crap.
>>
>>80304486
>they're waiting for Star Wars Celebration in mid-April.

Of 2019?
>>
>>80304501
First week of April
>>
"It" comes out in September - still no trailer
Justice League comes out in November - still no trailer
>>
>>80304536
>>they're waiting for Star Wars Celebration in mid-April.
>Of 2019?
What? Next month you fucking boob.
>>
>>80304596
>"It" comes out in September - still no trailer
>Justice League comes out in November - still no trailer
Trailers don't get put out like they used to. It used to be 6 months or more before a movie. If they still did that, the social media buzz would die. They hold off now until a few months before the movie since people have shorter attention spans and will forget because the next "big thing" will be announced.
>>
>>80304316
9 months is a long time.
>>
>>80304684
So Hollywood is basically a factory now and trailer culture has become obsolete. Great. No more GOAT teaser trailers then. Fuck this ride.
>>
>>80304622

I heard there wasn't going to be a Celebration this year.
>>
episode 7 had shit characters and a shit story

episode 8 will logically be a continuation of those shit characters and that shit story ie it literally can't be good

so who cares? the series is dead, let it rot.
>>
>>80304772
>I heard there wasn't going to be a Celebration this year.
There's one this year since it's the 40th anniversary of Episode IV. They're skipping 2018 and will do one again in 2019 for Episode IX.

I love Star Wars, but the idea of SW Celebration existing, let alone actually attending, is pure cringe to me. Just seems like it's Reddit getting together and paying money to be marketed to.
>>
>>80304539
thank anon guy
>>
>>80304814
Rogue One was kino senpai it revitalized my hope for the franchise
>>
>>80304316
it's Star Wars, they don't even need to release a trailer, people will still see it
>>
>>80305719
episode 8 isn't a continuation of rogue one, it's a continuation of episode 7...

when the foundation for your plot and characters are dogshit, your film literally cannot be good. unless episode 8 somehow has an entirely new cast and a totally unrelated plot to episode 7, them film is inherently shit.
>>
>he doesn't know it will drop on May the 4th
>>
>>80305719
Some of the Anthology films will be decent to great, others will probably be awful.

My friends all agree that VII was a horrific piece of filmmaking and was easily the most abhorrent SW film ever made. At the same time, we all agree that Rogue One was surprisingly decent other than a couple painfully Disney moments, and we would love to see the original cut.

It's also clear as day to me, at this point in time, that VIII has some MAJOR issues in terms of production, etc, which was why they leaked a bunch about it last year (to instant fan outrage) and then it's been radio silence ever since.

I'd be shocked if they aren't doing major rewrites/re-shoots as we speak and nobody is hearing a peep about it because they all had to sign NDA's or something. Everything about VIII screams "this production is in serious trouble".
>>
>>80306642
Edgy.
>>
>>80305719
Unironically this. Bad robot had control of 7, that's why it sucked. Lucasfilms had full control of R1 and 8. It will be good.
>>
What I find funny about Episode 7 and it's characters is that there was someone who came out and said Boyega and Ridley would make fun of Adam Driver behind his back because he was always in costume and in character on set. Who turned out to be the better character/actor?
>>
>>80306642

Rouge One was a totally unnecessary movie. They should have done a Wookie movie. Bitches love Wookies.
>>
File: 1276057882810.jpg (15KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
1276057882810.jpg
15KB, 200x285px
Ep VIII will be absolute dog shit. This together with the new Han Solo anthology will show how they have no good ideas to go on. Series is as good as dead.

Rogue one was surprisingly decent but could have been so much more.

Rey, Finn, and Poe are charismatic because of the actors/actress but have nothing going for them beyond that. The old EU was bad but this new canon and new EU is even worse.
>>
>>80305719
>Rogue One was kino

Nope, it was a flick.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 590x393px
>>80306642
Yeah they admitted recently that there would be reshoots taking place in the British Isles. I don't know if that necessarily indicates it's in trouble, however...
>>
>>80304596
Justice League had a trailer though, and "It" has some photos
All we've seen from The Last Jedi is one little clip of Luke and Rey
>>
What's the problem. Trailers are terrible anyway.
>>
File: rey (1).jpg (54KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
rey (1).jpg
54KB, 600x316px
>TFA

adam driver is based, i liked this flick. aside from maz or whatever. i'd like to criticize the mary sueness of rey but she too a cute for me

>rogue one

i thought TFA was better. I never really caught the names of anyone other than jyn, and there was too much left out i think to make it great - if it'd had been a 3 hour standalone epic, it would've been kino. instead we didn't really get any character development

>Han Solo

i consider myself a diehard fan and there is no fucking way i'm ever going to pay money to see this. kelly c is a trash actress and although donny glover is aight it just seems like too much of a cash grab (recognizing that all of SW is a cash grab, but this shatters any suspension of disbelief)

>episode 8

i've had 2 dreams about this. i need the building hype to stop
>>
>>80304316
Trailers are released to get people hyped about a movie and to generate anticipation. No need to rush doing that for the most anticipated movie of 2017.
>>
I miss kylo
>>
more importantly, where is the rip of 8. I'm not paying jews for their 'work'. torrent when.
>>
>>80304596
What? Justice League had a trailer last summer, over a year and a half before it comes out. The teaser for The Force Awakens came out Thanksgiving 2014, so a little over a year before it came out. It's weird that there hasn't even been a short teaser for The Last Jedi yet, though. Especially considering the production supposedly went a lot smoother than TFA and wrapped ahead of schedule. Johnson posted a picture on instagram of him editing the film way back in August 2016, so it's not like we're having another Rogue One situation. At the same time, there have been zero leaks whatsoever aside from set pics, whereas 90% of the plot of TFA was leaked months before it was out. Ironically enough JJ is the one who's all about secrecy and not letting anything out while Rian Johnson is pretty active on social media and responds to fans on twitter/instagram a lot. Nothing substantial, obviously, but still.
>>
>>80304390
>Trekkie b8
>>
>>80304495
Why do manchildren get so butthurt about people disliking this trash children's franchise?

Like they're so personally invested in a movie saga for fucking children. It's pathetic.
>>
>>80307933
This. With Rogue One and Han Solo coming up I really hope the third anthology film isn't Obi-Wan Kenobi or Boba Fett like it's been rumored. They won't take any risks and just make them about known unknowns that are directly tied to the original trilogy, specifically ANH. Rogue One was supposedly different because it was a "war movie" but there was nothing in the movie that made it feel like more of a war movie than the other ones. Fucking Revenge of the Sith was more of a war movie than Rogue One. There was one 15 minute battle in Rogue One and the main characters died. I don't know how that constitutes a war.
>>
Are we in agreement that capeshit, both DC and Marvel, is superior to the piece of shit that is the Star Wars franchise? I mean, you have to be a fat blob to be a freak fanboy of that crap.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.