[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was he so antagonistic in Heisei timeline? >have him rick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
Why was he so antagonistic in Heisei timeline?
>have him rick shit in almost all his movies
>use one of his greatest arch nemesis ghidrah as a solution to get rid of him
>re-con mechagodzilla to be a solution to getting rid of him

Also, Kaiju Thread
>>
>>80294589

>rick
>re-con

someone need their coffee? also Godzilla as an antagonist is the best Godzilla, it's his world we just live in it
>>
>>80294589
According to the psychic bitch in Vs Spacegodzilla he was just misunderstood and has feelings abloo bloo bloo bloo.
>>
>>80294643
Few typos, my bad.
I suppose you're right, but going as far as to revive Ghidrah to fight him? Last we saw him he was murdered by everyone in Showa.
>>80294662
Think I missed that.
>>
Heisei promotional art was fucking gorgeous.
>>
Godzilla is God.
Heisei was a sexy timeline.
Showa was GOAT. Cant beat that dropkick.

Kong Skull Island was pretty choice, go see it.
>>
>>80294589
Monsters are supposed to be antagonists

The better question is why did Showa let him be nice guy
>>
Because he was a giant fucking monster created to fuck shit up. After about fifty fucking movies, the Japs realized they had to change things up and made him the protector from the other monsters.
>>
>>80296479
Cause Honda liked kids
>>
>>80298041
Is there any implication for what I want to hear
>>
>>80296479
Because he got popular with the audience and there was money made with him being a good guy instead. It also led to more fantastical movies. Godzilla in that form was also far more interesting and diverse than the evil Godzilla, although I do like any incarnation of him.

>>80297874
After the movies, however, became simply awful and made no money anymore (as people and perhaps also children grew tired of this shit), Toho waited a few years before launching a reboot of Godzilla that made him more fierce and dangerous. It felt fresh and interesting and there were more, newer stories to tell about "the natural disaster" that was actually barely touched upon before.
The more serious Godzilla became, the more money he made. The audience changed, the movies adapted.

Millennium Godzilla barely changed in terms of personality from the previous series, as it was still popular enough to leave it be. And also because that reboot series took place two years after it was supposed to rest for at least another decade.
For 2016, Anno chose to make Godzilla look actually gruesome, a logical progression from 1954 to 1989 to 2016. I have yet to watch it, though, but I don't expect much of it. I am quite certain that, if it were Anno in his prime, the movie would be much more surreal for sure.
>>
>>80296194
>Kong Skull Island
looks and sounds like a mish mash of previous King Kong movies and dumbass war tropes
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.