[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is subtlety a dead concept in hollywood?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: AOSCott10-31.jpg (79KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
AOSCott10-31.jpg
79KB, 460x307px
Is subtlety a dead concept in hollywood?
>>
A.O., hol up, Scott
>>
>>80290252
I didn't even realize thats who that was I just google image searched "film critic"

Is anyone interested in discussing this topic?
>>
>>80290426
To answer your question, isnĀ“t subtlety kind of a foreign concept to Americans in general?
>>
>>80290515
No, america just is popular and creates entertainment that is world wide acceptable to most people. That's why superhero movies are so popular, it's plain simple good vs bad peppered with comic relief which appeals to an unconcerning audience
>>
>>80290515
Americans, from all races, all ages, all places, know subtlety. Even old black women from down South know subtlety

It's just that they don't share the same subtlety so the film makers have to go for the lowest common denominator.

And that was before American movies began to please the world audience
>>
>>80290620
Yea I think they run test screenings and if people aren't audibly reacting, they think they don't enjoy it. Making a bland high budget movie with high turnover is still working in hollywood and they will continue until the public resists
>>
File: emmastone.jpg (359KB, 1920x975px) Image search: [Google]
emmastone.jpg
359KB, 1920x975px
Yes
>>
>>80290819
God I hate this movie, it's what happens when a normie who says they hate mainstream big budget movies basically makes the exact same thing presented in an experimental way. It fools those who think they're unique and that long tracking shots = art
>>
File: 1487993072401.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1487993072401.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>80290924
not to mention the copout ambiguous / open to interpretation ending
>>
>>80290924
Birdman was not even about that. You obviously didn't even understand the film you claim to hate so much. Figures. Not surprising too that you completely missed the point of the seamless camera.

>>80290969
I agree with that though. If only because every idiot focused far too much on "what did they mean by le ending?" and not enough on the substance of the film. Fucking plebs.
>>
>>80290515
lmfao, explain why the rest of the world keeps consuming american entertainment then? Love when everybody keeps dissing america while they need them
>>
>>80291043
How about instead of saying LOL you didn't even watch it, you provide a counter argument. I'm actually interested in what you think Birdman accomplished
>>
>>80291210
>/tv/
>talking about movies and television

Now that's just silly.
>>
>>80291231
Yea it's not a meme thread, I actually want to challenge /tv/ into critical thinking but that's frivolous
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.