[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Forrest Gump Oscar Awards bait?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Was Forrest Gump Oscar Awards bait?
>>
dude baby boomer nostalgia the movie
>>
>>80284761
Its actually a conservative propaganda film, watch more intently next time.
Damn good movie though.
>>
this movie is hyper comfy, all detractors are either non american edgelords or 17 year old facebook memesters
>>
>>80284761
This. Also, to answer the op question, yes. It had little actual substance. It COULD have made a point about how hippies were always so self absorbed by hedonism that it's natural progression was being dirty scumbags in the 70's and 80's chasing money to spend on drugs. Fuck boomers.
>>
>>80284810
>It COULD have made a point about how hippies were always so self absorbed by hedonism that it's natural progression was being dirty scumbags in the 70's and 80's chasing money to spend on drugs.

It did though?
Jenny is portrayed like a swamp monster from a damaged family that intrudes on and ruins the life of a traditional and innocent American man.
>>
>>80284843
>that intrudes on and ruins the life of
The problem is that it didn't ruin his life. It didn't show her shitting her pants constantly. It didn't show the effects of aids destroying her body. It was hinted at, then boom, she's dead.
>Jenny is portrayed like a swamp monster
Not really. She was painted as sympathetic, like the scene where she almost jumps off a building. But she fucks Gump over time after time, and he just takes her back. Unless the movie is implying you'd have to be a retard to shack up with a roastie.
>>
>>80284914
>it didn't ruin his life
Him and his son both have the aids
>>
>>80284632
Yes. It's just a collection of bullshit. Hurr durr lovable retarded guy ends up in a collection of important historical events during the time the viewers were growing up! Oh and he likes ping pong, how quirky!

I've never fucking liked this movie.
>>
dude i have aids forrest dead
>>
>>80284941
>Him and his son both have the aids
Wasn't stated in the movie. In the sequel novel, it isn't mentioned that either had any health problems.
>>
>>80284790
>Its actually a conservative propaganda film, watch more intently next time.

Gump became champion of the world and Jenny became a worn out whore.
>>
>>80284914
your illiterate
>>
The chance of a straight white woman getting HIV is practically nil
>>
classic movie.
>>
a movie about a retard for retards. Poetry
>>
>>80285195
she fucked bi niggers in the late 70s. of course she had a chance for aids.
>>
its a movie for moms. my mom thinks its top kino.

by the way, didnt know it before, but bob zemeckis got nominated for best screenplay oscar in 1985 for back to the future. p cool.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.