[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : Cinema Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1484439075613.jpg (860KB, 2000x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1484439075613.jpg
860KB, 2000x1122px
Is the modern design of American theaters KILLING the once experienced magic that was going to SEE movies?

I ask as a guy who has LITERALLY worked at a theater chain that served crablegs. You think Im JOKING? FUCK THEATERS : https://youtu.be/wTPuCD4K8KE
>>
Fuck thats comfy. Count yourself lucky man, some of us have it bad

https://youtu.be/JBx-vydxfKU
>>
>>80279561
At least yours have a screen
>>
I cannot take any restaurant seriously that provides Heinz ketchup.
>>
>>80279561
The last three movies I went to see were interrupted by cellphones going off and people talking. Each one. Selfish cunts kills the magic of going to theaters.
>>
>not enjoying movie crablegs

Kill yourself, OP
>>
>>80279705
>going to the cinema at any time aside from off peak hours
>seeing any film that's not been out for at least two weeks already
It's like you want your movie experience to be shit.
>>
>>80279705

Can teens go one damn second without checking their devices? Its like a second heart to them.
>>
>>80280002

Whats even worse is everytime i see a kid with his cellphone out with a group, none of them tell him/her off sitting next to a fucking mini computer brighter than a lamp. If not for my experience, for yourself at least
>>
I don't know that I could eat a "meal" in a movie theatre. Can't you just go have dinner afterwards?

Dates have for generations done the movie then meal thing because it gives you something to talk about to fill those awkward silences.
>>
>>80280070
>not scoring with the babe in your kinoplex seat and giving the janitors something to wipe off that complementary iPic pillow
>>
Thats disgusting, one thing I absolutely can't stand is watching or hearing people eat and most slobs have no manners and chew like barn animals, I'd rather watch 240p movies on my tablet than in that theater.
>>
>>80279561
Do they keep those lights on the entire time so you can see what you're eating?

This whole thing is fucking revolting.
>>
>>80279561
>take big bite of burger
>lean back to experience climactic scene
>start choking
>get shushed for choking too loudly
>politely cover mouth as you are dying
>hear clapping as everything fades to black
>>
>>80280587
>cough up the burger
>spit it up all over yourself
>shoot everyone in the audience who you think might have shushed you
>>
>>80279561
going to the kinos is one of my favorite activities, despite movies being mostly shit
>>
>>80280587
>choking on a burger

spot the foreigner
>>
>>80279561
>tfw movies are shit and people ruin the inmersion but going to the kinos is still one of your favorite activities
>>
File: india.jpg (86KB, 959x639px) Image search: [Google]
india.jpg
86KB, 959x639px
keep it simple America
>>
>>80279561
Is it seriously that bright in the theater when the movie is showing?
>>
File: IMG_94871.jpg (38KB, 480x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_94871.jpg
38KB, 480x395px
>>80280845
>that fucking floor
>>
>>80280954
How am I supposed to see the screen if there isn't any light? Dumbass.
>>
>>80280845
Don't they play the national anthem before every single movie?
>>
>>80280978

I know youre joking, but until Gameboy SP this was a legit problem
>>
>>80280967
I really, really like this picture
>>
File: Listify_Header_alamo_drafthouse.jpg (2MB, 4500x1299px) Image search: [Google]
Listify_Header_alamo_drafthouse.jpg
2MB, 4500x1299px
I only watch movies at Alamo Drafthouse chain because there's hardly any niggers and movie disruptors are always thrown out quickly. That and the food is not bad.

I went to Regal recently for Get Out and it was filled with loud niggers talking the whole movie, gasping out loud at shit, clapping, etc. Fucking horrible.
>>
>see big movie at large cinema
>teens playing with their phones the whole time
>see arthouse kino at the local indie theater
>old ladies fumble with bags of sweets for 5 minutes before sucking each one
hell is other people
>>
>>80281204
>gasping out loud at shit, clapping
>why can't everyone else be emotionless like me?
>>
>>80279561
>cant watch at eat at the same time

Crab legs is a little involved for movie food, but stuff like the Alamo Draft House literally saved going the theaters for me.
>>
>>80281351
blackie detected
>>
>>80279561
I went to a dinner theater thing for the first time last summer. Can't recommend. Felt bad any time I had to take my eyes off the screen, and even then, there was no light (not that there should've been). I think lights like OP would be obnoxious once you were done eating.
>>
>>80281440
not black, but what's wrong with people laughing, or reacting out loud to a comedy horror movie? do you expect everyone to watch in silence as if they were watching some college class presentation?

half the fun of seeing a movie with an audience is the audience reaction
>>
>>80281502

I expect people to shut their fucking mouths so I can hear the damn movie
>>
>>80281079

I appreciate it, Lauren
>>
>>80281377
>Alamo Draft House

Good taste
>>
File: 348s.jpg (26KB, 348x348px) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
26KB, 348x348px
>>80279561
the fuck? fuck no

modern cinemas are fucking great, i was watching logan in a reclining chair with tons of legroom almost by myself and it was the most kino moment of my life, felt like i was in europe or something

i cant go back to those old shitty chairs, all i want to do now is recline and sip wine as the latest capekino plays before my eyes
>>
>>80279561

Haven't been to a movie theater since I saw Fellowship of the Ring
Couldn't handle the cellphone calls, the talking, the movie sound going from almost a whisper to ear bleedingly loud
Turned a room in my house into a home theater, floating floor, no windows, soundproofing, carpeted walls and ceiling
Now I have an 80" screen and an 11/2 sound system
Fuck ever going to the theatre again
So I have to wait a month or so to see it at home, it's worth it
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.