[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this show so fucking good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Season_5_iTunes_Artwork.jpg (279KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Season_5_iTunes_Artwork.jpg
279KB, 600x600px
Why was this show so fucking good?
>>
File: turk and jd.jpg (87KB, 490x349px) Image search: [Google]
turk and jd.jpg
87KB, 490x349px
Friendship.
>>
>>80279506
It wasn't
>>
>>80279560
Being best friends in real life definitely helped the chemistry
>>
>>80279506
Because it was slapstick comedy perfectly blended with feels.
Set in a hospital.
What's not to love?
>>
>>80279506
>when was the last time you had a picnic?
>where do you think you are?
>rabies patient episode
>Kelso being sad for a second about letting a patient die because of money
>Laverne dying
>Last cold beer before dying
>Last Episode

Man, there was a ratio of about 1 gut punch per episode. It was seriously great, and no other wishy-washy sitcom even got close to having just one of the same caliber.
>>
>>80280033
per season, I meant.
>>
>>80280033
Yep. Scrubs never hit the highs of comedy that some contemporaneous sitcoms did, but they definitely managed including emotional moments better than anyone on tv.

Between that and consistently good to great comedy Scrubs was just one of the best.
>>
It got boring after 8-9 episodes.
>>
The feels were weak.
The jokes were bad.
>>
>>80280113
>consistently good to great comedy
Some characters.

JD certainly took a dive, and even the Janitor started becoming lolsorandum a bit. Cox and Kelso and Ted were always top notch and Turk/Elliot picked up some of the slack here and there as well.

The only sitcom feelsy episode I can think of was in HIMYM, when Barney thought his dad was this big shot that did everything cool, and when he discovered he was a boring suburbs dad he yelled something along the lines of "if you were going to be a boring old dad, why wouldn't you be one for me". I feel like it was a waster of a huge gut punch if well done, but the execution wasn't spectacular.
>>
>>80280165
Nice bait
>>
Because pre-slut era Elliott was the GOAT /tv/ qt 3.14
>>
>>80280196
>himym

how can you even take that trash seriously? scrubs was 10 times funnier without shoving liberal bullshit down your throat every 10s. also, scrubs had that episode when cox's friend died, prolly the saddest thing ive seen in a sitcom
>>
>>80279646
You must be 18+ to be on this site
>>
I'm surprised Seinfeld never sued them
>>
>>80280033
>the episode with dr cox's sister
>the episode where JD is forced to realize he isn't the best intern
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.