[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Blair Witch Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: Blair_Witch_Project.jpg (107KB, 301x425px) Image search: [Google]
Blair_Witch_Project.jpg
107KB, 301x425px
I'm considering watching The Blair Witch Project on Netflix. will it still scare me knowing that there's no jump scares? I really want to be scared!
>>
File: 5eb[1].jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
5eb[1].jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>I prefer psychological horror over cheap jump-scares
>>
>>80277762
It's got a great atmosphere. The feeling of being lost in dark isolated woods while you and your mates slowly break down mentally.
>>
>>80277762
It's one of the most effectively scary horror movies in that it relies not on cheap jump scares but setting a tone and atmosphere of anxiety and terror which is why it sticks with you long after it ends. Watch it in complete darkness with the volume turned loud
>>
It's unironically an incredible horror movie. The atmosphere and acting are absolutely top notch.
>>
just got done watching it 10 min ago. It was pretty shit. If you're into found footage type movies, I guess you might like it, but it never really had me feeling "scared" and imo it did a terrible job at building tension. Got dizzy watching it

3/10
>>
>>80278589
reddit
>>
Literally not a single jump scare in it.
>>
>>80277762
If it's the original then yes, watch it. They managed to make a movie with late teenagers without mentioning pop culture every two sentences.
The movie has a great atmosphere, as >>80278462 pointed out. The acting is decent, nothing spectacular about it since it's a realistic setting.

Tbh I'd say watch this at night in the dark with friends and get drunk.
>>
Sit down and watch it with no distractions. It's one of the single most atmospherically unsettling movies ever made, it's all about thrusting you right in the middle of the situation these people are in and experiencing it as they experience it. One of my favourite horror movies of all time. Sit down and settle in to the feeling of it.
>>
>>80277762
part of what made it great was the hype surrounding it at the time tho. some people walked into the theater thinking it was real footage
>>
>>80278613
you right
>>
saw it like years ago and dont rememebr much and thought it was good but then i watched it like a week ago and it was actually not scary and the ending was so anticlimactic too
>>
>>80278589
i just marathoned your post and i think its pretty shit

2/10 would not read again
>>
>>80278762

>but it was artistically done that way to make you question. muh deep thought process
>>
Its a movie only works if you let it, and if it does then its top tier. If you don't then it comes off quaint and tepid. Really try to throw all inhibitions away and suspend all disbelief.
>>
>>80278762
How so?
>>
>>80278762
yeah its a mystery movie that never solves the mystery
>>
>>80277762
>will it still scare me
>there's no jump scares?
>I really want to be scared!
Fuck off underage faggot
>>
>>80278860
Not a mystery movie, though, it's a horror movie. You're not supposed to explain shit away in a horror movie. What's scarier? Heather running and screaming 'WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT' in the dark and not seeing anything, or Heather running and screaming and there's a big spooky monster? In horror, less is more, the film gives you enough glimpses of weird shit to begin questioning the reality of the situation - the piles of rocks, the stick figures, the bundle with teeth, the snapping and crunching sounds, then finally the child's handprints in the walls in the house and Mike facing the corner.

If this was a mystery, there'd be an actual investigation by an entire cast of other characters with references to the footage, it wouldn't be a whole movie of footage.
>>
>>80279035
they are in the woods to investigate the urban legend of the blair witch and as the strange shit happens to them it becomes a mystery. then it doesnt properly end. it had some spooks tho
>>
>>80279141
You're a fucking retard anon.
>>
>>80279206
tbf i havent watched the movie in years but thats how i remember it. really the point is that the ending is shit
>>
>>80279234
no need to keep reiterating how stupid you are anon.
>>
>>80279141
But that's not the point. The point is they're there to make a student film about an urban legend and these dumbass kids are not equipped in any way to deal with the reality of the situation, whatever the reality may be. The film seems to tend towards whatever's happening might be the 'witch', it might also just be very tired, scared kids falling to pieces. It's not actually about the 'mystery', that's a framing device to get them in the woods so stuff can get spooky.
>>
>>80279317
>It's not actually about the 'mystery
what do you think its about then? the kids trying to survive? because we dont get a proper ending for that either
>>
>>80279303
o baby u r mad
>>
>>80279379
Stop posting you retarded queer
>>
>>80279444
answer the question
>>
>>80278762

how drunk are you lad
>>
>>80277895
>I post meme retarded garbage, because I'm meme retarded
>>
File: 1464652382801s.jpg (3KB, 110x125px) Image search: [Google]
1464652382801s.jpg
3KB, 110x125px
>>80279410
You're right anon, coming her and seeing retarded 90's born faggots spouting their ignorance constantly is getting old, just like me.
>>
>>80279481
You didn't ask me a question, you're talking to multiple people.
>>
File: gays.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
gays.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>80279569
>>
Blair witch project is good if you go into without getting shit opinions here, without watching the trailer, and watching on a nice tv in the dark

otherwise its pretty mediocre, but I still love it because it was O R I G I N A L

kind of like the first paranormal activity
>>
>>80279379
>what do you think its about then? the kids trying to survive?

...Yes? Anon, once again, this is a horror movie. The whole 'we're gunna investigate this here urban myth fer film school' is just a device to get them into the horror situation. And, seeing as those kids were never seek again, and in accordance with the final shot of the movie, I think the movie did a fairly good job at not bashing you over the head with the heavy implication that these kids are fucking dead, or if they aren't, they might as well be. Do you really need this stuff spoonfed to you, dude? It's a horror movie meant to scare you with an uncomfortable situation, not a riveting investigation into a made up urban legend.
>>
File: 1456119139208.jpg (17KB, 488x305px) Image search: [Google]
1456119139208.jpg
17KB, 488x305px
>>80279569
>>
>>80279619
the entire motivation of the characters in the new blair witch is that one of them might be alive.
>>
>>80279602
I didn't mention gays
>>
>>80279481
Not him, but it's about how quickly paranoia and fear seep into a situation where people run low on supplies, and shit goes tits up. The "mystery" of the witch is what provides the setting and situation, while adding paranoia and an "oh shit maybe there is paranormal fuckery going on" slant. Really, the true horror is that the mind can completely lose its shit that quickly.

>doesn't properly end
Do you need a lengthy 20 minute epilogue about how the characters died and shit? Jesus man, get your life together if you can't understand something as simple as the blair witch project.

>>80279686
No one gives a shit about the sequels, and the sequels are irrelevant to the discussion.
>>
>>80279817
>Do you need a lengthy 20 minute epilogue about how the characters died and shit?
strawman is not an argument
>>
>>80279605
>Blair witch project is good if you go into without getting shit opinions here, without watching the trailer, and watching on a nice tv in the dark
This guy gets it, expectations are your worst enemy with a movie like this.
>>
>>80279379
dumb fuck
>>
>>80279860
That's not a st-

You're baiting. Here's your (You). Now go away.
>>
>>80279817
>sequels are irrelevant to the discussion.
clearly im not the only one who thought the idea of a surviving character was ridiculous
>>
>>80279481
watch the movie again, put your phone down and pay attention. the ending is pretty good actually
>>
>>80279957
>watch the movie again
'no'
>>
>>80279895
Kill yourself. (You)s mean nothing, and is obvious Reddit influenced. Fuck you dipshits sure shit up the place
>>
>>80277895
Why is everyone saying this all of asudden? Literally EVERY SINGLE time a horror movie comes up, someone mentions some gay shit like "it didnt have cheap jumpscares!"
>>
>>80278823
>>80278838
>>80278860
>>80279504
i expected there to be some payoff? like actually seeing the witch or us seeing one of them being murdered. instead it just ended abruptly .. like jerking off for an hour and ending right before i get to cum
>>
File: file.gif (3MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.gif
3MB, 800x600px
probably the only true "Lovecraftian" movie ever because just like in H.P. works you dont really get to see much, yet the presence of the Witch is felt more and more as they movie progress...unless there is no witch and the kids just went nuts or are high
>>
>>80280022
careful, that opinion is triggering itt
>>
>>80280022
You are fucking retarded anon.
>>
>>80280067

its a valid opinion, its just that of someone who has no imagination

if you 'saw' the witch at the end and it didn't live up to your pre-conceived fantasies you would just complain the ending was dumb and stupid
>>
>>80280137
>if you 'saw' the witch at the end and it didn't live up to your pre-conceived fantasies you would just complain the ending was dumb and stupid
'no'
>>
>>80280055
Good post. The obscure mythology surrounding the witch, the detective work of the protagonists and the gradual (and then not-so-gradual) loss of sanity are also Lovecraftian now that I think about it. All the movies I've seen that explicitly channel Lovecraft have missed the point.
>>
>>80280022
>seeing the witch
The film is careful to never confirm or deny the existence of a supernatural agent, and is part of the whole idea of the movie, the paranoia, the weirdness, the reality of the situation. This would skew it too far in one direction.

>one of them being murdered
Let's be real here, the film isn't terribly subtle in the implication that those kids are fuckin dead. And if they're not dead, they're never coming back. They're gone, end of. What more do you need?
>>
>>80279980
so you just want attention? fair enough anon
>>
>>80280332
most lovecraftian movies are just tentacles or the protagonists ending in an insane asylum. But I for one dont really care, film can do a lot of things that literature cant do,let books have the "unseen horror" thing.
>>
>>80277762
It's dull as fuck. Found footage truly is the worst genre.
>>
>>80280554
go and watch the conjuring again dunce
>>
>>80280460
>If you dont do what I say then you are an attention whore!
>>
>>80280022
t. amerilard who watches movies only for payoff and self gratifying purposes
>>
>>80280554
Except cloverfield
>>
>>80280055
fuuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkk
>>
>>80280630
you said you haven't watched the movie for years, you clearly missed crutial points. you claim there's no proper ending. "no"
>>
>>80277762

The Blair Witch Project builds up to a great ending based on the paranoia and fear of the three filmmakers.
>>
>>80280744
tldr
>>
>>80280664
why else would you watch a movie?
>>
>>80280995
so you can brag about how much of a patrician you are on a portuguese spice snorting forum
>>
>>80280995
To challenge your sensibilities, to make you reflect on the themes, to appreciate aesthetic and formulate opinions on it's meaning and motive. You shouldn't watch it expecting any sort of pandering. But in the era of capeshit, this is how people view film and what it should be
>>
>>80278613
Reddit
>>
>>80277762
Just watch Serbian Film fag
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.