[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literally just tried to assassinate the Senator because muh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Taxi-Driver.jpg (117KB, 1600x866px) Image search: [Google]
Taxi-Driver.jpg
117KB, 1600x866px
>literally just tried to assassinate the Senator because muh love
>fails and instead shoot up a couple of pimps not out of self defense but because he wanted to
>recovers and is seen as a hero
Defend this pile of shit.
>>
File: 1489160902615.png (215KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
1489160902615.png
215KB, 600x635px
>>80275257
>wants to rid New York of scummy people
> at first thinks he will do this by killing a Senator, because he as jilted by mcbabe lady
> decides against this, and helps save a child sex slave from pimps
>finally exterminates a small amount of the scum of the earth
well pack it up that was easy
>>
>>80276318
Except the CIA saw Travis. It's not rocket science to know the guy with the mohawk and the green jacket at the rally is the same guy with the mohawk and the green jacket who shot up some pimps
>>
>>80275257
It's a statement on how the public will defend deplorable acts of vigilantism as long as the press paints the acts as heroic.
>>
>>80276353
So? The people he killed are going to stay dead whether he gets caught or not
>>
>>80275257
>the people he killed were bad

Next
>>
It took place in his mind.
>>
>>80276411
Did you not read the first green text?

>If you fail at an assassination it's okay as long as you kill bad people!!

>>80276388
What?
>>
>>80276439
What point are you trying to make about the CIA? Whether he's imprisoned for trying to assassinate the Senator, the pimps are still dead.
>>
>>80276353
i guess my point was that travis was not actually a bad person. He felt isolated and had trouble reingrating into american life and let his social surroundings affect his mental health and attitude. At first he thinks his way to enact goodness on the world and make change for the better it to kill the senator, but he realizes this is not how it should be done and instead saves the girl and acts on his wish to clean up the scum. Regardless of how other people view him, he can be seen as a character whose actions are built up by shitty social surroundings, instead of running for office to change things his way is more debatable and raw. though in the end he saves the girl. not sure what the cia has to do with it, ostensibly the dudes at the rally would have known it was him but i dont see why this matters
>>
Why should I defend him?
He's obviously mentally ill and it's only a matter of time before he goes off and shoots someone again.
>>
>>80276552
>Whether he's imprisoned for trying to assassinate the Senator, the pimps are still dead.
I'm asking how the fuck is he seen as a hero after he just tried to commit a federal crime by assassinating a senator?

>>80276565
But how the fuck was he not immedietely locked up for trying to assassinate a senator?
>>
>>80276629
i know what you mean, its probably just a logistics thing about the movie that they obviously couldn't include him getting arrested because that would make a retarded ending
>>
They didn't have any proof though did they?
It's a free country, if he wants to go and act suspiciously at a rally he has every right too.
>>
>>80276767
>It's a free country, if he wants to go and act suspiciously at a rally he has every right too.
You're forgetting the scene where he put his hand into his jacket and then ran away from the CIA

Also, like I said...They can easily determine the guy who shot the pimphouse was the same guy at the rally.
>>
>>80276820
>hey can easily determine the guy who shot the pimphouse was the same guy at the rally.
So what?
>>
>>80276989
Prison for life.
>>
>>80277047
>this is how the law works
>>
>>80277593
I know damn well the law won't let that man free after what he just did. Don't give me that h-h-h-he was mentally ill! Bullshit. He was literally working again as a Taxi Driver shortly after.
>>
>>80276439
him being a hero is what the newspaper printed, it doesn't represent the general view of the public. maybe later on that info becomes public and gets reported on and no one thinks he's a hero anymore.
>>
>>80277047

For what crime?
>>
Yeah, OP, I think it's implied that the ending is an internal delusion. Or maybe that's just me.
>>
>>80277662
Trying to assassinate the senator. Are you not reading the thread?

>>80277694
>>80276724
These are literally the best answers in this thread. For the sake of the plot (which is stupid) or a quick fantasy he came up with before his death. Thank you for not being retarded shills desperately defending this movie.
>>
>>80277729
Prove he was trying to assassinate the senator.
>>
>>80277763
>https://youtu.be/55yMPn3zov0?t=3m6s
3:06. Don't forget the previous scene -
>lol hey dude here's a fake name and fake address
>lmao be careful xD
>k bye
>>
Travis is ironically hailed as a hero for saving Iris. In actuality,Travis was a mentally unstable vet who could have been hailed as a villain if his circumstances were different and if he actually did kill the senator. That was the point of the ending. Also, I don't buy the dream hypothesis, but I'm pretty sure that Betsy in his cab at the end was a delusion, indicating that he's growing more mentally unstable. Pretty sure there is a quote from Scorsese that says something about the look he gives himself in the mirror in the last scene hints that he might try and kill again.
>>
the girl didnt want to be saved
she ran away from an abusive family

the taxi driver wasnt interested in being a hero, he just wanted to feel like he was one

the real world cannot be boiled down to simple black and white morality the same way the newspapers do
>>
>>80275257
>>recovers and is seen as a hero
thats how i know youre a pleb
>>
>>80275257
The ending was inside his head. It was him fantasising about how his actions would be received.
>>
File: 13143515.jpg (25KB, 319x315px) Image search: [Google]
13143515.jpg
25KB, 319x315px
>>80279300
my friend and i watched it and he said it was shit because it ended perfectly for Travis. Then i told him that the ending was what he was imagining as he was dying and he said it was shit because it was confusing. Don't watch movies with friends
>>
>>80277838
LITERALLY ZERO EVIDENCE

He never branded a weapon and he never openly stated he was going to kill him. You can't just send someone to prison for being suspicious. Even if this was brought to court,the prosecution would have no case. Travis never indicted a desire to kill him nor did he write it in his journals.

You're wrong dude.
>>
>>80280188
Scorsese said that it wasn't a dream at the end.
>>
>>80280383
But it would be retarded otherwise?
>>
>>80275257
He never killed those people, except for the homeless man
>>
>>80280436
Wrong movie bud
>>
>>80280383
He's just fucking with you. Travis obviously dies at the end. It would be a shit movie if he didn't..
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.