[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To Kill a Mockingbird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 6195917753_47b7a6e4e5_b.jpg (128KB, 684x456px) Image search: [Google]
6195917753_47b7a6e4e5_b.jpg
128KB, 684x456px
So a redneck white lady wanted to get BLACKED, but had to pretend it was rape?
>>
>>80263408
You can't admit to fuckin' a cripple
>>
>>80263408
No, she was cheating and lied that he raped her.
The negro died for the whore, and the whore let it happen.
>>
>>80263408
It was a different time.
>>
>writes one book as a youth
>dude I'm retiring lmao
>releases a shitty sequel shortly before death

Why was the author such a faggot bros?
>>
>>80263544
She wrote the "sequel" first. Basically, she was writing that book, and her publishers thought that the flashbacks made for a more compelling story, so she fleshed those parts out into a full novel, then sat on the original book for half a century.

Also, she only published it now because she's senile and her family wants to milk her for all she's worth.

Also, the new book is really good. People just hated it because it condones racism.
>>
>>80263609
You're forgetting the part where Truman Capote actually wrote it all.
>>
>>80263408
>It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. They never hurt anybody etc.
Bullshit. Mockingbirds are aggressive and mean as fuck.
>>
>/tv/ attacking the Negro
>The Western White woman ruined everything and got away with it in the end

RUH ROH
>>
File: 1488148776575.png (58KB, 2760x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1488148776575.png
58KB, 2760x2000px
>>80264164
It was fiction.
>mfw instead of reading this shit book I played yugioh with my bros
>>
>>80263609
>Also, the new book is really good. People just hated it because it condones racism.
This, except it doesn't condone racism.

Go Set a Watchman is about a girl remembering her father not as the great hero that Maycomb thinks he is, but as a real person with real flaws, and her coming to grips with this. It's also a criticism of white liberals who claim to be anti-racist but actually harbor a lot of racist thoughts and attitudes (like how some white liberals today think all black people come from "the projects" and grew up poor and uneducated because the white man kept them down), which is really what some people had problems with: they saw a bit of themselves in Atticus Finch in this new book, and it angered them. But instead of maybe moving forward and growing as a person, they just called the book dumb and the author stupid and old.

Honestly, Go Set a Watchman is better than To Kill a Mockingbird. Mockingbird's themes were relevant when blacks weren't considered human beings and not allowed to drink from the same fountains, but are largely outdated today. Watchman is simply more relevant, and much more complex and mature (Mockingbird is a fairy tale, with black and white morality, by comparison).

It's a shame people were so quick to dismiss it.
>>
>women are truly divisive

Huh
>>
Subhuman Americuck are so pathetic no wonder they have double digit IQ
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.