[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It only won so the Academy could avoid being accused of racism.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: we-wuz-oskars.jpg (201KB, 829x1200px) Image search: [Google]
we-wuz-oskars.jpg
201KB, 829x1200px
It only won so the Academy could avoid being accused of racism.
>>
File: cb9.jpg (722KB, 1200x902px) Image search: [Google]
cb9.jpg
722KB, 1200x902px
>>80260762
>he thought La La Land should've won best picture
>>
>>80260762

It won because no good movies came out.
>>
>Literally Who, the movie
Anyway, who cares about Oscars at Hollywood. It's all about money now: Star Wars, Superhero's movies and minions.
>>
>>80260762
It won because it was better than the other films nominated
simple as that
>>
>>80260787
Manchester you stupid cracker
>>
File: Mahershala.jpg (27KB, 350x467px) Image search: [Google]
Mahershala.jpg
27KB, 350x467px
LIterally Style over substsnce:the movie
Great cinematography and some good acting tho, but thats it.Nothing special story-wise.

Also, how the fuck this this nigga won the oscar?I mean, he was good in the movie, but he as in it for like 5 minutes.If anything the chick that played the crack-whore mother or the old Chiron deserved it way more
>>
>>80260787
>knowing deep down that Moonlight's win was a hollow victory
>>
>>80260883
>LIterally Style over substsnce:the movie
I like style-over-substance. Playing it straight with your movie gets boring after a while.
>>
>>80260883
i was wondering the same thing about ali. he was great, but having watched it after he won the oscar for best supporting actor i was expecting him to have a way bigger role in the actual movie, he was only in the first 20 minutes or so
>>
>>80260883
>old Chiron
the teen Chiron was the best tb h, he played autistic fag bretty good

old chiron looked like Kanye
>>
>>80260883
Is it implied he dies between the first and second act or did I miss a crucial detail?
>>
>>80260762
Really hot take there buddy
>>
>>80261403
Yes, they talk about his funeral.
>>
>>80260836
This is the kind of trenchant insight I seek by coming to this board
>>
>>80261403
His wife mentions something about him dying, don't remember her going into detail though. I was confused also.
>>
>>80261403
they literally say hes dead
>>
>>80260883
>he's a plotfag

PLEB

AS

FUCK
>>
>2017
>still giving a fuck about the academy awards
>>
>>80260876
manchester was terrible. every film was terrible. i wish they would just nominate capeshit and we can let cinema die already
>>
it was also the best movie nominated so im not too fussed
>>
>>80261465
manchester was shit, the only good thing was Casey and it won what it deserved
Far from the best movie of the year
>>
Literally gay nigger faggot from the hood : the motion picture : oscar bait edition
>>
>>80261490
epic
>>
>>80261490
haha bro kekek xD

posting this on /r/4chan
>>
I watched this movie because when I saw the poster I was sure it was a street thug movie like boys in the hood but imagine when i found it was actually a fag movie...
I spent 1 hour and a half praying for no gay sex.
>>
>>80261490
>this are the mongoloids that post on /tv/
>>
File: 1488233677331.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1488233677331.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>80261496
>>80261518
>>80261547
8 years. you're on the wrong side of history, snowflakes XD
>>
>>80260762

I mean, it's a pretty dang good movie. I'm not sure what you guys are mad about, there's no race-bait shit in it. It's a coming-of-age tale, just with black people.
>>
>>80261844
>black
>people
there's the problem. If I want to see a monkey, I would go to the zoo
>>
>>80260762
Wrong
>>
they could have given more awards to a mere nigger movie instead of a gay nigger movie.

hopefully there is enough in the bank to shun minorities for the next decade at least thanks to whoever came up with that brilliant idea.
>>
>>80261712
Why are polerinas so easily triggered
>>
>>80261896
Compelling argument
>>
>>80261974
thanks
>>
The thing I find stupid is that it's based on a true story of the director's life, except he isn't gay. He literally just made the character gay so it had a better chance of winning an Oscar.
>>
>>80261480
Wrong. Sorry that you have shit taste in films. Probably due to your low IQ.
>>
>>80262000
The guy is gay. It's based on his book.
>>
>>80261547
>this are
Truly
>>
>>80261948
because you're replying to a false flagging lefty
>>
>>80261465
Knowing that fucking Arrival was nomitated makes me think that nest year will feature a capeshit or similar as nominees.
>>
>>80260762
Why do you think La La Land was on the written pamphlet read aloud at the end of the Oscars? It was the winner. It was changed to Moonlight later so the Oscars would be less racist.

It also means Moonlight's Academy award is nothing more than a black participation trophy and has no real meaning.
>>
>>80262132
>Why do you think La La Land was on the written pamphlet read aloud at the end of the Oscars? It was the winner.

The whole thing is pretty documented, it didn't happen that way

La La Land only won 5 out of 14 oscar nominations, even the academy acknowledges that its just not that good
>>
>>80262000
The movie is an adaptation of a play, it's the story of the writer's life, not the director's

And why would he think about oscars when not a single gay movie won before it, especially on a 1.5 million budget? It's an indie movie that got attention, not a manufactured oscarbait like Lion or Hidden Figures
>>
>>80260787

>watch La La
>the lead actors can't sing, can't dance
>some numbers were okay, not the best or most enjoyable musical I've watched
Characters play the assumption game and argue. Ending tires to play the 'realism' card but I never felt or saw the 'chemistry' between leads, the random husband and 'making it' at the end was also cringe.

>watch moonlight
>ghetto nigger story, gay tendencies, hates ghetto niggers, becomes gay ghetto nigger
It wasn't a fun watch, not sure what the point was and I've seen documentaries on the subject that was more entertaining. Random 'think/indie' piece? Yes it won because politics.
>>
>>80260883
>how the fuck this nigga won the oscar
he was muslim
>>
ghetto nigger faggotry was done much better in the wire anyways
>>
>>80260762
watched it last night, was an ok movie at best, just a series of clichés and doesn't really go anywhere

that being said, it only won because it was up against a bunch of other mediocre movies
>>
much better than manchester

probably won't see it again, but worth the watch

seriously fantastic moment when smashes the chair over that piece of shit....assholes like that deserve a minimum thrashing of that scale
>>
>>80260762
Correct.
>>
>>80262197
Actually 6 you jew
>>
>>80260762
The only reason why you're criticizing this is because it has a gay black boy and it won an award.
>>
>>80266610
You've just described the only reason it won.
>>
>>80260762
And La La Land was only nominated because Hollywood likes nothing more than fellating itself.
>>
>>80260762

Black people should honestly be outraged

Anybody with a brain could see how utterly predictable ever single beat of this movie was
I don't really understand how anybody could watch it without rolling their eyes about a dozen times

They won a pity award
And for what? This won't be enough
Do you think that the people who call racism every time will stop because of this? Why would they?
America is becoming a guilty parent
>>
Movie was good, people on this board just don't understand it
>>
>>80267585
they do, they just think /pol/ is a serious place and are conspiracy theorists, too preocupied to enjoy a story
>>
>>80262250
Brokeback Mountain won 3 Oscars though, unless you specifically mean Best Picture.
>>
>>80267585
>people on this board just don't understand it

What's there to understand? Everything about the story was right on the surface.
>>
>>80267481
Anon black people aren't that smart they are like the retarded kid who wins homecoming king as a joke. They don't understand anything that's happening they just know people are clapping
>>
File: crash[1].jpg (38KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
crash[1].jpg
38KB, 400x450px
>>80260762
well at least now crash is not the worst movie oscar winner anymore
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.